How would the Azshara fight work next expansion?

Since you'd need the neck to do the fight... Well I guess it couldn't be worse than Eonar or KJ huh.

Also wildly reaching: Maybe the neck isn't going away onwards?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Since you'd need the neck to do the fight... Well I guess it couldn't be worse than Eonar or KJ huh.

You're reaching for things to worry about. Azshara using our HoA plot has already happened. She won't need to use it again anymore. When you return to a Legacy raid, you basically travel in time. So a simple explanation would be that... back then you had the necklace. Or w/e. Can come up with 1000 reasons and this is a trivial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You're reaching for things to worry about. Azshara using our HoA plot has already happened. She won't need to use it again anymore. When you return to a Legacy raid, you basically travel in time. So a simple explanation would be that... back then you had the necklace. Or w/e. Can come up with 1000 reasons and this is a trivial thing.
    No no I meant mechanically, not lore-wise. People would need to equip the neck to energize the wards else it's a wipe, but I guess that's easy. Was just thinking if it'll be one of the "cursed fights" like Eonar, KJ or Aggramar back when we were wearing i350 gear.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I dont think they will make Azshara a raid boss again, the only people who get another raid spot are archimonde, ragnaros and thats it. Plus those were after a very long period, so IF they decide to bring Azshara back in 8.3 then it wont be in a raid setup. Blizzard will kill her off garrosh style or she will be in a raid where we see nzoth kill her, either way she will die.

No no I meant mechanically, not lore-wise. People would need to equip the neck to energize the wards else it's a wipe, but I guess that's easy. Was just thinking if it'll be one of the "cursed fights" like Eonar, KJ or Aggramar back when we were wearing i350 gear.
    Do you actually need the neck equipped? If you don't, it just doesn't work?
    Besides, even if it doesn't work, they just have to hotfix it to just not require it.

How were Eonar, KJ, and Aggramar cursed? I distinctly remember doing KJ's achievement without issue at around 380 ilvl; I'm not sure what would've changed other than going into the darkness phase, and artifact weapons didn't impact that to my knowledge.

Also, is having the Heart of Azeroth equipped a prereq to operating the seals? I know narratively it is, but I'm not sure about mechanically.

You wouldn’t need the necklace at all for azshara. The raid would treat it as you already having it on but you actually don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    I dont think they will make Azshara a raid boss again, the only people who get another raid spot are archimonde, ragnaros and thats it. Plus those were after a very long period, so IF they decide to bring Azshara back in 8.3 then it wont be in a raid setup. Blizzard will kill her off garrosh style or she will be in a raid where we see nzoth kill her, either way she will die.
    Don't forget Kil'jaedan. Do the repeated bosses in Naxx 2.0 count too? Then there's characters like Kael'thas and Anubarak that have been in a raid and a dungeon...does Deathwing count? We fought him twice back to back but the spine of deathwing was an...unusual encounter to say the least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Do you actually need the neck equipped? If you don't, it just doesn't work?
    Besides, even if it doesn't work, they just have to hotfix it to just not require it.
    Yeah, i think the game actually does not care if you have the neck equipped or not. It just assumes, that since you are in BFA, you have the neck.

Just because a game mechanic refers to a thing, does not mean the fight does not work without it. Im pretty sure, that if you do the Azshara fight with your neck un-equipped, you can still energize wards.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Why would you assume it would be going? Artifact weapons didn't.

The fight most likely assumes that you have it on whether you do or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Argh yeah I just assumed the neck would be necessary to energize the wards since everyone wears the neck right now anyway... well I'm stupid, close the thread I guess

This always happens when I make a thread.

Lesson learned indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Don't forget Kil'jaedan. Do the repeated bosses in Naxx 2.0 count too? Then there's characters like Kael'thas and Anubarak that have been in a raid and a dungeon...does Deathwing count? We fought him twice back to back but the spine of deathwing was an...unusual encounter to say the least.
    yeah forgot about those, but still dont think blizz is going to do that anymore since they had alot of criticism about it. People went really nuts.

I hope Azshara doesn't die.

I'm pretty sure the game just assumes the necklace. If you don't have a necklace at all, it shuts off a ton of the features (you can't do island expeditions, queue for dungeons, or do most of the zone quests). I have a mage that I'm doing the content with thanks to teleport spells without having done the Battle for Lordaeron, and there's really not much he can do in terms of content (I'm not sure about physically walking into dungeons/raids, since I haven't tried).

I know you meant the mechanical part (or I guess I thought you meant both) but again - just make it so that you no longer need the Heart or make it so that you can use the old HoA that is waiting in your bags (after you have put on that Quest Green necklace from 9.0).

You're misunderstanding the question. They are asking about if after this expansion you go back and do the Azshara raid how will it work mechanically given that the fight needs you to have the Heart of Azeroth. Not whether or not she is going to show up in some future raid as a boss again.

step on ward regardless of gear, ward works because it checks for player collision and not anything neck related.
    Nothing in the fight requires the necklace except as a narrative piece.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't actually NEED the neck for the mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Or Kael storyline.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.