Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    And yet I've listed all the junk the game throws at you, which should've answered your question. If you don't have this problem, it's only because you are sitting at the level cap without touching lower content. I've played plenty of MMOs, including F2P trash, but this is the only one where inventory management constantly annoyed me.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the first time I've seen anyone essentially "gitgudding" when it concerns inventory. Honestly, it's a new low even for GCBTW.
    You can level through an expansion without cleaning your inventory once.
    Pretty sure it's not as much of a problem as you make it out to be.
    Roulettes don't fill up your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    WOW has a reagent bank to store your materials that lets you craft directly from the bank. 100 gold for 98 slots.
    I know... but you gotta go to town and deposit it and once you get another mat (in a game where traveling in a hassle with a force flight path or 30m HS), it will come to your inventory, not to the bank. It is not that convenient. In GW you just click a button and off it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It has nothing to do with level or anything else, it's just...sell stuff, get rid of junk, etc. You don't even need to jump through hoops to do it, just hit up any vendor or just destroy it on the spot or desynth it if it bothers you.
    Next time when you start complaining about switching specs in GW2, I'll advise you to "just" grind some gold for different set or get legendary armour.
    There's SO MUCH inventory space in this game that I don't even understand how people can run into issues. There's nothing that's actually dropping SO MUCH junk that you're overwhelmed by it.
    Again, if you've missed the list:
    1) Every reagent (which normal mobs drop) takes two slots. One for NQ, one for HQ.
    2) Game blasts you with random shit as quests rewards: outdated materia, outdated food and some other weird shit
    3) Game drops minions, triple triad cards, orchestrion rolls and other garbage every time you go to Alliance raid, for example. Doesn't matter if you already have them
    4) Even in low level dungeons whenever someone open any chest, there is a chance you'll get few slots taken by 50 hp potion and 30 mp ether. Very helpful, thanks.
    For example, this is how my inventory looked three days after resub. I cleaned it when I resubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Its next to impossible to reason with someone who’s dead set on trying to find flaws in non WoW games, you can tell them that you get 200 inventory slots right out of character select screen, 150 for each retainer so 300, and another what 80? Once you unlock your chocobo, and they'll still find a reason to complain about 580 slots.

Atleast we dont need a 3rd party addon and drop 1k gold on 30slot bags just to have more space.
    I still hope someday people will learn there've been other games than WoW for years and stop dismissing any FFXIV critique as "WoW fanboys mad". I haven't played retail WoW for the last 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

That's the stupidest parallel to, "Go to a vendor and sell the junk."
    You've agreed with the guy who compared complaints about inventory management to wanting the game to play itself.
    Most of that is vendor trash, go to a damn vendor already. Sell it. Destroy it. Something.

Why are you hoarding allagan coins and old materia and single stacks of useless mats or foods, I mean come on. That is literally days of crap building up in your bags, what is the obstacle between you and a vendor?
    So you went from denying that game spams you with garbage that you can't even stop from going your bags to saying "Just deal with it". Noted.
    (And in spite of all that, you still have 47 free slots JUST in your bag. Not counting saddlebag or retainers.)
    They were filled in another couple of days. Both of my retainers have no free slots left. Saddlebag is clunky piece of shit that is only there as an ad for $5 companion app subscription to deal with inventory. Otherwise, they would've added these 70 slots to inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Yeah, I think telling people to just wait is shortsighted
    Agreed. If you're not enjoying yourself you should quit. Nobody is forcing you to play the game and life's too short to spend on doing things you don't want to do, especially if they're completely optional.

I mean Minecraft is one of the biggest games in the world but I hate it so I don't play it. Same with League of Legends. You don't have to like all games and you definitely don't have to play them.

Don't expect the game to change, play a different game.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV's inventory/retainer systems have flaws for sure, but if its inventory system is garbage just because your bags are full after 5 days of complete neglect, then every MMO's inventory system is garbage.

Last time I played, WoW was no different. ESO and GW2 throw so much crap at you your inventory fills in hours, rather than days, and GW2's "deposit materials" button doesn't help much with that since it doesn't apply to every item, and those it does apply to, there's a cap of 250 (which fills very fast) unless you pay to expand material storage.

You've agreed with the guy who compared complaints about inventory management to wanting the game to play itself.

So you went from denying that game spams you with garbage that you can't even stop from going your bags to saying "Just deal with it". Noted.

They were filled in another couple of days. Both of my retainers have no free slots left. Saddlebag is clunky piece of shit that is only there as an ad for $5 companion app subscription to deal with inventory. Otherwise, they would've added these 70 slots to inventory.
    Heres the thing, people use this complaint and make it seem like ffxiv is the only one that does it, play WoW lvl a character. Your bags are full before you make it out of the starting area, what do you do? You go sell. Same thing with lotro, swtor, eve, runescape, everquest 1/2. Why is this a complaint given to one mmo like its not anywhere else? Why when given the simplest solution do people see that as bad game design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't recall ever having the option to create gear sets. Did I somehow miss this in 11 years of playing? And worthless quest items still hog bag space in WoW.
    Got to learn the game better, cause i've been swapping PvP, PVE, RP Sets instantly with 1 click of a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Your concerns are very valid

Do you just never sell your vendor trash or something?

Are low level crafting materials not worth keeping? I've been saving everything that's an ingredient, reagent, etc. for whenever I level crafting. I'm not busting at the seams yet to bother looking up whether or not any of it is even useful.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Are low level crafting materials not worth keeping? I've been saving everything that's an ingredient, reagent, etc. for whenever I level crafting. I'm not busting at the seams yet to bother looking up whether or not any of it is even useful.
    If you're going to level up your crafters and you don't have more than a few hundred thousand gil, then you'll want to save them so that when you do level up your crafters, you don't go broke halfway through the process.

If you have millions of gil (and can therefore buy the mats off of the market board) or all of your crafters have outleveled those recipes, then the only reason to keep those mats around is if you're planning on using them to make stuff to sell on the MB (ie, housing items or glamours or leve turn ins). Otherwise just dump them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't recall ever having the option to create gear sets. Did I somehow miss this in 11 years of playing?
    Yes you did, WoW has had this feature since at least Cata or maby even wotlk.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I'm going to randomly bitch about this...

Im doing the final quest of 2.55. I've just played as alisaie and now im urianger. And i failed as urianger. Now, its not that i failed... but i feel like im being cheated out of my finale here a little bit. I know its not "the finale" of shadowbringers, because that was 5.3. But... i dont wanna play these other characters if its all the same. And because i really dont want to play them, i dont want to even try playing them. Im basically now a clicker. It feels so clunky. So im gonna go gimp the game by reducing it to very easy for when it actually lets me play as myself. That doesnt feel good. In fact, it feels like im being kind of cheated out of my ending.

Oh god, im now someone who i cant name. Fuuuuuuuuuu%%$... I have to play them all?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-11-09 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    I'm going to randomly bitch about this...

Im doing the final quest of 2.55. I've just played as alisaie and now im urianger. And i failed as urianger. Now, its not that i failed... but i feel like im being cheated out of my finale here a little bit. I know its not "the finale" of shadowbringers, because that was 5.3. But... i dont wanna play these other characters if its all the same. And because i really dont want to play them, i dont want to even try playing them. Im basically now a clicker. It feels so clunky. So im gonna go gimp the game by reducing it to very easy for when it actually lets me play as myself. That doesnt feel good. In fact, it feels like im being kind of cheated out of my ending.

Oh god, im now someone who i cant name. Fuuuuuuuuuu%%$... I have to play them all?
    I had a hard time with them the first go around too, so don’t feel bad about learning a fight. I over thought too much on the fight and just turned out the aoe heal kept everyone up fine lol
    The playing as cat boy fight is a bit hard first time too, but if you learn from mistakes and take time reading their moves it will help. The stuff won’t attack till you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I had a hard time with them the first go around too, so don’t feel bad about learning a fight. I over thought too much on the fight and just turned out the aoe heal kept everyone up fine lol
    The playing as cat boy fight is a bit hard first time too, but if you learn from mistakes and take time reading their moves it will help. The stuff won’t attack till you do.
    I had it on super easy. When we got back to the map and i still saw two more purple pillars left as ifrit appeared, i figured id barrel through it. Obviously it was a cakewalk. My plan was to throw the final fight so i could reset the difficulty.... but mid cutscene ( with frustrated alphi pounding sand, as im typing), i think thats it... im very cross (but also relieved because im lazy... but mostly mildly annoyed). So many conflicting emotions... none of them are satisfaction and a feeling of achievement, though.

If this is really it, squeex, please never do this again. Its fine mid story. But it kinda sucks as the conclusion. I really cant help but compare this to the end of sb where i really felt stupidly heroic.

Roll credits... post credit cutscene... achievement... thanks squeex! Great game. Loved it. Expansion was top notch. But again, never do that again, please. Or... if you do, please unlock the quest bar so i can keybind each fight. Case in point: The role quest as a heals where i literally had to play a fellow whm was super annoying because i couldnt configure the spells to my hotkeys. Instead i had to click through it because muscle memory refused to accept the location of those bar positions. If nothing else, at least i could hit the keybind formulae: w=interrupt/stun, a=core heal, r=core utility, ms4=main attack, z=heavy attack, c=utility, g=big hit/combo, t=secondary attack/second stun, q=situational big utility, v=cleanse/utility 2, Shift plus thing = less common but no less important variation of said keybind.
    2,3,4 = other useful stuff. x=major CD.

That's like 16 years of muscle memory? And you think im going to just play the game according to your keymap... even if i know the class? Yeah, nah. That's not happening. That one change would really help make me less annoyed reverting to clicker status. Id be much more up for playing through it as intended.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-11-09 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    I had it on super easy. When we got back to the map and i still saw two more purple pillars left as ifrit appeared, i figured id barrel through it. Obviously it was a cakewalk. My plan was to throw the final fight so i could reset the difficulty.... but mid cutscene ( with frustrated alphi pounding sand, as im typing), i think thats it... im very cross (but also relieved because im lazy... but mostly mildly annoyed). So many conflicting emotions... none of them are satisfaction and a feeling of achievement, though.

If this is really it, squeex, please never do this again. Its fine mid story. But it kinda sucks as the conclusion. I really cant help but compare this to the end of sb where i really felt stupidly heroic.

Roll credits... post credit cutscene... achievement... thanks squeex! Great game. Loved it. Expansion was top notch. But again, never do that again, please. Or... if you do, please unlock the quest bar so i can keybind each fight. Case in point: The role quest as a heals where i literally had to play a fellow whm was super annoying because i couldnt configure the spells to my hotkeys. Instead i had to click through it because muscle memory refused to accept the location of those bar positions. If nothing else, at least i could hit the keybind formulae: w=interrupt/stun, a=core heal, r=core utility, ms4=main attack, z=heavy attack, c=utility, g=big hit/combo, t=secondary attack/second stun, q=situational big utility, v=cleanse/utility 2, Shift plus thing = less common but no less important variation of said keybind.
    2,3,4 = other useful stuff. x=major CD.

That's like 16 years of muscle memory? And you think im going to just play the game according to your keymap... even if i know the class? Yeah, nah. That's not happening. That one change would really help make me less annoyed reverting to clicker status. Id be much more up for playing through it as intended.
    Done it three times now and it gets easy honestly. But ya the keybond thing, my mouse with extra buttons, could never figure out how to get it to work and gave and use a controller lol. It’s great for almost everything..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Done it three times now and it gets easy honestly. But ya the keybond thing, my mouse with extra buttons, could never figure out how to get it to work and gave and use a controller lol. It’s great for almost everything..
    ah, its all done now. I just wanted to moan a bit

its basically an easy puzzle to deal with. It was to show the full scope of the battle across multiple fronts as all the scions simultaneously work together (after growing and bonding in new profound ways both individually and as a team thanks to their experiences on the first) to take out a major threat. It was a fantastic grand scene and personal shortcomings should not be blamed on it.

I had the same issues since I essentially follow the adapted keybind structures I had for my wow rogue from 15+ years ago but i adjusted quick when i saw their abilities and applied it appropriately to the bosses
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-11-09 at 05:32 PM.

When you get to play as an NPC it's good to take 2 minutes to read what their spells do. They only added lower difficulty levels to these duties because some people complained about it.

I'm really sorry but I really don't understand why it's so hard to learn how to press 4 buttons.