Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/VAvVgDN

Check the text box lower left.
    You can gquit for whatever reason your heart desires... but gquitting over a single wipe, that you don't even seem to have been a part of, is kinda sad.

Wipes happen for stupid reasons sometimes. It doesn't necessarily mean the guild is bad. Without any context for how that particular wipe happened there's nothing to go on to say that your gquit was "justified".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justification isn't the issue here. You can quit a guild for any reason you wish. Is it an overreaction? Yeah, I think so. But you do you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it.
    Why would you want to quit a guild that wiped on a boss?

You do realize that mistakes or disconnects can screw up even the simplest of encounters. It happens, we are all human.

You don't need us to validate your action, do whatever you want it's just a game after all but take note that this kind of "rage-quit" behavior is immature and destructive to any community you want to associate with.

10+ Year Old Account

When did someone need a reason or justification to leave... only YOU can decide if your actions were justified.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

On Topic:
    Yea you can leave the Guild for whatever reason you like.

But if thats your reason, you are pathetic. You dont know what happened in the fight, and why they Wiped. Actually, leaving a Guild over a BossWipe is in any way Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    For anyone who doesn't understand, Sulfuron Harbinger is that boss fight right down the spiral hill from Majordomo where you fight the Sulfuron Harbinger along with 4-5 adds that heal him and have to be CC'd/MC'd/whatever. The raid wiped on Sulfuron and he was healed to 100% by adds.

This post is stupid and stuff but I thought I'd explain that much for people.
    The OP probably doesnt realize that, and thought they fought 3 minutes without doing any Damage to the Boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can quit for whatever reason you want but the fact you aren't in the raid dungeon upon the message (since it wasn't a scroll up message) then you can't really complain as it could be a ninja pull or just general adds a bad moment of adds healing up. You were just waiting for a reason to project on because your guild's raid group wiped for an unknown reason?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So.... you weren't even in the raid, they wiped, you gquit? you're like those fat guys watching sports "I would of made that catch!!!" while cheese sauce is dripping from your chin.

Anyways, this is Classic, you can't hide your terrible skill and attitude with a name change or server transfer. One of the reasons I love classic, bad players...poor attitudes.. get blacklisted and put in the shun zone they deserve to be in

10+ Year Old Account

No. Though guild is obviously will be better without so bad players like you who are leaving because of wipes. I hate people like you. You are making game experience miserable for other people. I wish all of you either die or at least quit WoW.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is just to funny........ Sooooooooo many poeple taking the OP's post serious

10/10 for that OP
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    OP reminds me of those people in retail who quit groups after 1 wipe. I hate those kind of people. They expect instant gratification.

It's a really weak reason to quit a guild and just makes you look shallow as if you don't really care about the people in the guild or getting to know them or even giving them a chance.

Also by not being in the raid you don't know the context -- the fight could have bugged out, there could have been a mass DC, it could have been a cat walking on one guy's keyboard, DBM could have reported a wipe falsely (sometimes happens), or a genuine mistake was made in the fight.

Mistakes happen in raiding as nobody is perfect, and I'd say quitting would be more justified if people consistently failed to learn from said mistakes, but to quit on the first mistake being made is pathetic and makes you come across as having zero patience or understanding.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-06 at 03:39 PM.

I wouldn't want to be a part of that boomer guild either

Hey guys, I have decided to wear a hat to the store today. Am I justified in my decision? Please get back to me asap.

I think your only mistake was asking the question about it on MMO Champion. Up until then.. a clean and acceptable move. Even if I think its a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    This is just to funny........ Sooooooooo many poeple taking the OP's post serious

10/10 for that OP
    It's not really that hard to beleive someone would /gquit over something like this. I've seen people do stupider shit in my time.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

This is what happened. OP wanted to raid but guild said "nah, we good. We don't need a "dps" pally. Until you choose a real spec, like healing, you can warm bench".

OP is angry that guild won't carry him. Has already decided to leave guild but waits for a reason that will put him in a positive light. Guild wipes.

LOLOLOLOL YOU GUYS ARE SHIT WITHOUT ME. *\gquit* I'm going to post online to shame this guild that won't carry me.

"Hey guys, look at what I did. I'm super conflicted about doing this. Please send nudes."

*Dusts off hands* That will show that guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You're not obligated to be in any guild if you don't want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    without further context I think you're either trolling or fishing for validation...
    Also 100% this.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

the absolute state of mmo-champion in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have to ask. then probably not.