Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Azeroth is an Old God

I know this theory isn't new but let's look at all the evidence. All the old gods have names similar to lovecrafts including Azeroth or HP Azatoth. Now maybe that's a stretch but let's look at other key details. Sargeras's last desperate attempt for anything was to destroy Azeroth. Their revealed motivation the whole time was to stop the void lords and in his final act he shoved his sword where? Silthius where the last in tact old God empire remains. Now where does the king of diamonds take us? Same area as we heal Azeroth. The Titan soul only speaks to him and as we all know the quote.."King of diamonds had been made a pawn" what is the biggest fact of old gods? They also whisper deep into someone's mind for their bidding.

Deathwing was deep in Azeroth before he heard the whispers and went mad. The old gods have been dormant for years until a huge event awoke Azeroth. Maybe the eternal well? Anyways this is just a theory what do you all think? ,

7+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth is confirmed as a titan, not an old god, you could argue there is a old god in the center of the earth, but chronicles confirmed there was just 4, this one would be new.

Sargeras want to kill it so it don't become a void titan

Void Titan. Sounds ridiculously powerful. Maybe an old God no one knows about is trying to corrupt Azeroth or maybe an actual void Lord is there

Quote Originally Posted by JareTheBear View Post
    I know this theory isn't new but let's look at all the evidence. All the old gods have names similar to lovecrafts including Azeroth or HP Azatoth. Now maybe that's a stretch but let's look at other key details. Sargeras's last desperate attempt for anything was to destroy Azeroth. Their revealed motivation the whole time was to stop the void lords and in his final act he shoved his sword where? Silthius where the last in tact old God empire remains. Now where does the king of diamonds take us? Same area as we heal Azeroth. The Titan soul only speaks to him and as we all know the quote.."King of diamonds had been made a pawn" what is the biggest fact of old gods? They also whisper deep into someone's mind for their bidding.

Deathwing was deep in Azeroth before he heard the whispers and went mad. The old gods have been dormant for years until a huge event awoke Azeroth. Maybe the eternal well? Anyways this is just a theory what do you all think? ,
    The only way it could become Azatoth is if she is corrupted and become a void Titan, as of now, she is a Titan, and nothing else.

Let's ignore all the established lore and put on our tinfoil hats.

No need to be hostile

7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    Early lore about N'zoth didn't associate it with the ocean as prominently as it is now. It was elemental, connected to the earth as much as it was to the water. Deathwing's connection to N'zoth in the deep mantle of the earth was a remnant of that lore. Now that N'zoth is more directly related to the ocean, it's earlier connection to Deathwing is downplayed.

I have a theory the Elune is actually a redeemed Old God.

10+ Year Old Account

It was a very big theory for a long time that Azeroth was an OG....... Right up until, Blizzard made it crystal clear, that Azeroth is an unborn Titan.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    Early lore about N'zoth didn't associate it with the ocean as prominently as it is now. It was elemental, connected to the earth as much as it was to the water. Deathwing's connection to N'zoth in the deep mantle of the earth was a remnant of that lore. Now that N'zoth is more directly related to the ocean, it's earlier connection to Deathwing is downplayed.
    Did I dream that at some point it was confirmed that it was Yogg-Saron who corrupted Deathwing and not N'zoth? I just checked wowpedia and it doesn't definitely point towards either of them, it just says that N'zoth is "rumored to have played a role" in his corruption.

I don't think Old Gods are as... sentient... as Elune seems to be. I do believe they could have been used as a force for good, if an Old God realized that the Void Lords who created them as weapons want to undo reality, and that includes them.
    But I think they're being shown as literal parasites. An infection that only appears intelligent because it invades minds, but doesn't actually have a purpose other than spreading itself. It would be disappointing and it would undermine the Lovecraftian aspect of them being beyond understanding, because they would actually be extremely basic creatures, but it's what I'm getting from the current storylines.

No need to be hostile
    Excuse me. I have a natural tendency to speak sarcastically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Did I dream that at some point it was confirmed that it was Yogg-Saron who corrupted Deathwing and not N'zoth? I just checked wowpedia and it doesn't definitely point towards either of them, it just says that N'zoth is "rumored to have played a role" in his corruption.
    I mean, N'zoth is namechecked all throughout the Dragon Soul raid. It was never Yogg.

Elune is so mysterious that we have no way to know if it is a redeemed old god, but kind would make sense.
    Also went to check this if someone else talked about it and this topic is quite interesting: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760837926

It seems you are not aware of the lore surrounding world souls and the void. If a titanic world soul is corrupted, a void titan is born. Void titan = game over (for the entire cosmos).

So no, Azeroth is not an Old God. Sargeras tried to kill Azeroth to prevent the Old Gods from corrupting her. If Azeroth was Void aligned, we would already be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

I don't think Old Gods are as... sentient... as Elune seems to be. I do believe they could have been used as a force for good, if an Old God realized that the Void Lords who created them as weapons want to undo reality, and that includes them.
    But I think they're being shown as literal parasites. An infection that only appears intelligent because it invades minds, but doesn't actually have a purpose other than spreading itself. It would be disappointing and it would undermine the Lovecraftian aspect of them being beyond understanding, because they would actually be extremely basic creatures, but it's what I'm getting from the current storylines.
    It kinda becomes clear when you read Well of the Ancients trilogy. There is an Old God in/under/close enough to the Well of Eternity, which Nozdormu discovers by accident and nearly gets killed by. Also that same Old God stops Deathwing from retrieving the Demon Soul which is floating above the Well of Eternity at the end of the trilogy. I don't remember the details, but was implicated that it is the same Old God who Deathwing serves because in his blind rage he "rebelled" and tried to take the Demon Soul despite the Old God wishing to have it right there, so that Sargeras can enter Azeroth. Later, when Azshara sank into the ocean along with her city, that same Old God whispered to her. And that is as we know, N'zoth.

Question is, why did N'zoth want Sargeras to enter Azeroth. 10 years ago when I read that book, I didn't realize how much stronger Sargeras is so it made perfect sense. Now however it doesn't...

Void Titan. Sounds ridiculously powerful. Maybe an old God no one knows about is trying to corrupt Azeroth or maybe an actual void Lord is there
    It's already been discussed in the past but there seemed to be a lot of agreements that Azeroth is the titan of chaos and is believed to be the strongest titan capable of destroying void lords, which is why so many old gods have been trying to corrupt it before it becomes sentient.

I have no proof to back up my claims though, just remembering things I read here and about.

The only thing I can link ( though it doesn't prove anything), is the celestial chart :https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...3c67fe749333a8.

Which might implicate that azeroth does not actually fit into any of these domains ( or rather is at the center of it all) , hence Chaos.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-10-07 at 11:17 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Question is, why did N'zoth want Sargeras to enter Azeroth. 10 years ago when I read that book, I didn't realize how much stronger Sargeras is so it made perfect sense. Now however it doesn't...

They probably didn't come up with the idea of Void Lords at that point and N'Zoth simply wanted shit to be fucked up. Unleashing Sargeras on Azeroth definitely qualifies as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Azeroth is confirmed as a titan, not an old god, you could argue there is a old god in the center of the earth, but chronicles confirmed there was just 4, this one would be new.

Sargeras want to kill it so it don't become a void titan
    Interestingly enough Chronicles has a couple pages that depict each old God.... and there's a 5th with skeletons

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that N'zoth is more directly related to the ocean, it's earlier connection to Deathwing is downplayed.
    Is it, though? Wrathion and Ebonhorn have been pretty involved in the Heart of Azeroth stuff. And Deathwing's final corruption happened in the Maelstrom, which became a portal to Deepholm.

N'zoth was stil imprisoned beneath the earth, the Sundering just submerged that landmass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Interestingly enough Chronicles has a couple pages that depict each old God.... and there's a 5th with skeletons
    blizzard just can't be coherent, prior the lore was there was lots of old gods, and they died after the "war" with the titans when one titan died.

Later there was 5 old gods, one not named yet and the other n'zoth that we didn't saw it

Then later they come up with just 4, for no reason at all(unless they want to undermine their own possibilities)

Then we have this page, and the possible 5 old god, and maybe the one who was adsorbed by the others, no consistency in the story

Azeroth is a dormant Titan, they wouldn't change that. A World Soul.

Old Gods want to corrupt it.

Elune being a Light Old God (The Moon) is a damn amazing theory, haven't heard of it before.