Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You have not provided shit, except for the usual vague rules Blizzard uses. You know why they use vague language? Because nothing is set in stone. Camping and killing a player a few times is perfectly fine. However, at some point a line is crossed if one continues to do so, and when that happens, Blizzard bans. I have seen as little as 3 hr bans, and as long 2 weeks, for such actions.

I gave 1 clear cut example (Ruin), one that is well known, and you continue to blindly argue.
    Prove it. Don't just say "trust me bro, it happened". Provide anything to back it up, that isn't just some other guy saying "trust me bro, it totally happened".

I didn't provide anything vague. It's fucking clear cut - using plain and simple English. There is nothing vague at all about it. It's extremely pin point specific. Corpse camping is a legitimate PvP strategy, and will never be actioned by blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Corpse camping in general is pretty pathetic, in my opinion. Since more often it involves a higher number, or a good amount of levels.
    Killing them a few times? Sure, it's a PVP realm. But a continued effort? Definitely grief ib my eyes, and makes you very sad and pathetic as a person .
    It can be griefing in your eyes, but in blizzards eyes, it is a legitimate PvP tactic and will never be actioned by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It can be griefing in your eyes, but in blizzards eyes, it is a legitimate PvP tactic and will never be actioned by blizzard.
    And that's fine. I still consider those people sad and pathetic .

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres no such thing as too much. You can do it for hours and its still not griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

And that's what pve realms are for - people who do not like the PvP ruleset. Which is also totally fine.

You are not wrong!

And that's what pve realms are for - people who do not like the PvP ruleset. Which is also totally fine.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Its useless argueeing with this fellows.

If you keep camping lowbies you are not engaging in any kind of meaningfull pvp, neither practicing your skills.

You suck and thats why they do it.

Many years ago in s far away galaxy, people spent all day dueling and perfectioning their skills vs diferent classes. Or they would premade bgs and get some decent bgs going.

Camping lowbies was for scrubs with noobstrikes and people actually laughed at those.
    Its useless because we are right. We have provided Blizzards stance on the matter, and it contradicts your personal opinion on the matter.

I agree to some extent. The problem is that most, or a lot of players, actually do enjoy world PVP. So if you want to be playing with top guilds/top PVPers, you kind of HAVE to roll on a PVP server, no matter if you ultimate goal is PVE.
    But even if you still enjoy PVP, that doesn't make you any less sad or pathetic if you corpse camp a level 1 dude for 2 hours as a level 60 dude. Which is my point all together :P.
    Sure, it's not in any rules set out by Blizzard. But most players still find it to be grief or in poor taste. Just a matter of morality!

Not because you can do something it means you should.

Corpse camping is basically noob, immature behaviour.

I agree to some extent. The problem is that most, or a lot of players, actually do enjoy world PVP. So if you want to be playing with top guilds/top PVPers, you kind of HAVE to roll on a PVP server, no matter if you ultimate goal is PVE.
    But even if you still enjoy PVP, that doesn't make you any less sad or pathetic if you corpse camp a level 1 dude for 2 hours as a level 60 dude. Which is my point all together :P.
    Sure, it's not in any rules set out by Blizzard. But most players still find it to be grief or in poor taste. Just a matter of morality!
    Do you have anything to back up your "most players" claim? because this thread alone shows that is not the case at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Not because you can do something it means you should.

Corpse camping is basically noob, immature behaviour.
    Not according to Blizzard - they outline it very clearly as a legitimate pvp strategy.

You don't seem to understand even the most basic concepts of competitive activities. Their frustration is a by-product. If I am playing football, and I tackle someone, that annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. If I am playing a competitive shooter, and shoot someone, it annoys and frustrates them, and I enjoy it. If I am at the track, and pass someone, it annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. Are you starting to get the picture now? Competitive activities often result in joy for one person, and annoyance and frustration for the other - you are making the weird leap that people only wpvp and corpse camp because it frustrates someone else - while completely ignoring the fact many do it because they enjoy it.
    Yeah but in your analogy you are a NLF playing going into a local park and stomping 10 years olds. The fact that you think repeatedly killing someone who has no chance to fight back is a competitive activity is lol worthy. Sounds like you are the Comptetitive Dad of PvP lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    You don't seem to understand even the most basic concepts of competitive activities. Their frustration is a by-product. If I am playing football, and I tackle someone, that annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. If I am playing a competitive shooter, and shoot someone, it annoys and frustrates them, and I enjoy it. If I am at the track, and pass someone, it annoys and frustrates them, but I enjoy it. Are you starting to get the picture now? Competitive activities often result in joy for one person, and annoyance and frustration for the other - you are making the weird leap that people only wpvp and corpse camp because it frustrates someone else - while completely ignoring the fact many do it because they enjoy it.
    Actually, you don't seem to understand the basic concepts of competitive activities.

A competitive football game involves two well matched teams. The person getting tackled is only mildly frustrated because your team will get tackled too. Corpse camping is closer to a college football team beating on a middle school team...which means it is, by definition, not competitive. It's pointless and the college football team is (and should be) ashamed to participate in such stupidity.

Are you starting to get the picture now? Just because you are thrilled by utter lack of competitiveness of the situation doesn't make it competitive. It simply shows that you are afraid of actual competition. Rationalizing it as "competitive" doesn't actually make it competitive.

Prove it. Don't just say "trust me bro, it happened". Provide anything to back it up, that isn't just some other guy saying "trust me bro, it totally happened".

I didn't provide anything vague. It's fucking clear cut - using plain and simple English. There is nothing vague at all about it. It's extremely pin point specific. Corpse camping is a legitimate PvP strategy, and will never be actioned by blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to stop blatantly lying. The entire Ruin thing was quite the headline in the day. Blizzard will indeed ban for camping if it is done to excess. It has happened, and will continue to happen. You see, you keep spouting off 1 part of the TOS, yet totally ignore another: "griefing" by Blizzards definition is when you negatively impact another players' playing experience. That is the reason Blizzard uses. Camping, in and of itself, is not bannable. Carrying it to extremes, is.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2019-10-18 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Time to stop blatantly lying. The entire Ruin thing was quite the headline in the day. Blizzard will indeed ban for camping if it is done to excess. It has happened, and will continue to happen. You see, you keep spouting off 1 part of the TOS, yet totally ignore another: "griefing" by Blizzards definition is when you negatively impact another players' playing experience. That is the reason Blizzard uses. Camping, in and of itself, is not bannable. Carrying it to extremes, is.
    And you keep ignoring the fact that corpse camping does not meet the threshold of griefing, never has, and never will. That is why they outlined it so clearly, specifically mentioning corpse camping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, you don't seem to understand the basic concepts of competitive activities.

A competitive football game involves two well matched teams. The person getting tackled is only mildly frustrated because your team will get tackled too. Corpse camping is closer to a college football team beating on a middle school team...which means it is, by definition, not competitive. It's pointless and the college football team is (and should be) ashamed to participate in such stupidity.

Are you starting to get the picture now? Just because you are thrilled by utter lack of competitiveness of the situation doesn't make it competitive. It simply shows that you are afraid of actual competition. Rationalizing it as "competitive" doesn't actually make it competitive.
    See this is utter rubbish. Teams are not always evenly matched that's why you get blowout scores with over 100-0. If you want evenly matched PvP, blizzard has introduced bgs and arenas for exactly that purpose. Want no rules free for all PvP? Join a PvP realm. Yet again this concept zooms over your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah but in your analogy you are a NLF playing going into a local park and stomping 10 years olds. The fact that you think repeatedly killing someone who has no chance to fight back is a competitive activity is lol worthy. Sounds like you are the Comptetitive Dad of PvP lol.
    No, in this anology its a beginner martial artist willingly entering into a competition with no rules where he knows full well he may go up against a black belt. And then crying like a little bitch when the black belt kicks their ass "that's not fair!!!".

Turns up to martial arts tourny. Two competitions - two different sign up sheets. One says you will be evenly matched against a similar fighter, and you must agree to the bout before beginning. The other is a free for all tourny with no rules, and zero matchmaking. You can attack anyone at any time.

You can't sign up for the free for all then complain that it isn't "fair" when a more suitable alternative exists.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I don't corpse camp and I don't gank lowbies, that's just some straight up dickhead shit. I kill and keep it moving.
    You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir. I tip my hat to you.

That doesn't say anything will be done. So that isn't any kind of proof that there is too much PvP. When you start digging, you find that the people claiming to have been banned for corpse camping or PvP in general have committed another infraction.
    So you're actually going to go against an official blue post? lol ok, enjoy bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    So you're actually going to go against an official blue post? lol ok, enjoy bud.
    Their official stance has always been that PvP problems have PvP solutions.

They do not ban for anything PvP related. Never have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Their official stance has always been that PvP problems have PvP solutions.

They do not ban for anything PvP related. Never have.
    I mean I literally just linked a blue post saying that they investigate, which in essence proves that they have.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I mean I literally just linked a blue post saying that they investigate, which in essence proves that they have.
    No, it proves that they might investigate. Doesn't say anything about action ever being taken. Are you going to go against the blue post that clearly states corpse camping is never an actionable offence?

No, it proves that they might investigate. Doesn't say anything about action ever being taken. Are you going to go against the blue post that clearly states corpse camping is never an actionable offence?
    It says they do investigate, which proves that they've done it, which means actions have been taken in the past.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It says they do investigate, which proves that they've done it, which means actions have been taken in the past.
    Investigation does not = account action. You are being so dishonest it hurts to read.

Off the wow wiki (more reliable than "my mate totally recons" but obviously not a blue)

"Corpse camping refers to the process of a player camping specifically next to the enemy's corpse (or, less often, by the closest graveyard) with the purpose of continuously killing that enemy as soon as their resurrection takes place. The term is most commonly used in reference to PvP server practices of one player stalking another (either by using stealth or other means) and killing them upon resurrecting, for extra honor points or other purpose. Although this is frustrating to the camped player, this is not considered griefing by Blizzard and is not subject to punishment by Game Masters. "

From Blizzard themselves:

All players can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-19 at 02:59 AM.