Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    Just to be clear, I believe your whole story is completely made up with no proof, but even in your completely made up story you still couldn't come up with a legit ban reason that involved PvP and PvP only. There is always something else.
    No. Read again. They were banned 30 days for excessive camping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    And you also provided zero proof. At this point, you're just some dude telling us that the earth is flat. The only thing you've proven, is that your argument is just hot air.
    And you have provided zero proof that bans have never happened. See how easy this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    No it won't. You guys need to stop making stuff up. You obviously cannot handle PvP servers, that's why you keep making up all these stories that never happened. PvE servers are there for your enjoyment.
    Okay lol. I have been on a pvp server for more than 10 years, and obv I can't handle it..

Kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And you have provided zero proof that bans have never happened. See how easy this is?
    I don't bear the burden of proof, because I am not making a assertion. You are.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance represents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

Looks like you're retort is a nothingburger.

I don't bear the burden of proof, because I am not making a assertion. You are.

Looks like you're retort is a nothingburger.
    So now you resort to name calling. Last bastion of the loser of an argument. Shame you do not realize the bans were almost as big a news story as the news about the guild that crashed the funeral.

At this point, don't bother replying back. I don't care to converse with people that can't hold a discussion without acting like an infantile redneck, and resort to name calling.

Btw, saying it has never happened, is also an assertion.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2019-10-20 at 06:43 PM.

So now you resort to name calling. Last bastion of the loser of an argument. Shame you do not realize the bans were almost as big a news story as the news about the guild that crashed the funeral.

At this point, don't bother replying back. I don't care to converse with people that can't hold a discussion without acting like an infantile redneck, and resort to name calling.

I see you're still here talking non-sense. I linked you the article a few days ago but you're still bent on a stupid rant. I'll leave it here again

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

World of Warcraft Classic
    If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat in Classic, select a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. PvE realms offer a limited and structured environment for PvP encounters. Players on PvE realms can actively choose when they wish to engage in PvP combat by enabling or disabling their PvP flag at will.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:
    - Corpse camping.
    - Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    - Killing players well below your level.

I'll camp your corpse until you uninstall the game and there's nothing you can do about it. Your presence in this thread is reaching a point of denial only seen in flat earthers. How many articles and rules do people need to link to you before you stop this? It's getting delusional man

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Corpse_camping
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Griefing
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-10-20 at 07:04 PM.

Why don't you point out where I called you a name? I see where you've implied i'm an infantile redneck. I don't see where I have called you a name. Please, point it out.

I asked for proof, which you couldn't provide.

I mean, you couldn't try harder to prove your own point. You've got the "loser" argument.
    You've resorted to calling people names.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2019-10-20 at 07:32 PM.

Point us to where Blizzard says camping can never cross over a line making it harassment.

Oh, and a cursory Google search:\
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...=Ruin%20Gaming

Seems I am not the only one who remembers this.
    Right here:

"The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping"

This has been linked over and over again.

I did chuckle that you had to resort to urban dictionary as a source, and apparently didnt even click the link yourself? If you had, you would have read this part:

"causing deliberate lag by stacking 100+ players in one spot once a week to the opposing alliance faction"

There were banned for lagging out servers and crashing them. It had absolutely nothing to do with corpse camping. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you have first hand knowledge? Some sort of proof that isn't just hearsay or anecdotal bs? I would love to see the letter from blizzard. Go ahead and point us to the evidence of this occurring.
    They were banned for crashing servers, it had absolutely nothing to do with pvp at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Name calling? What name calling? What on earth are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how proof works. I don't need to provide proof that something never happened, because it never happened and therefore there is no proof by default.
    You will need to provide proof that something happened. That's how it always worked and will always work.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG did you just say "this is a fact because you cannot prove it didnt happen!"

Good lord......Thats some flat earther level shit right there.

Watch this: Hey guys, after all this confusion, i picked up the phone and spoke to all the heads of department at Blizzard, and every single one of them confirmed that Arkanon is 100% correct, pvp is never actionable, and Blizzard have never taken action for pvp. I have zero proof of this phone call occurring, but you cannot prove it didnt, therefore it did and everything i said is true.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-20 at 07:53 PM.

I do not agree with any of this. It is griefing. Period. It is not PvP. PvP is when everyone has a chance, and a 60 vs 19 is not PvP.

Blizzard also disagrees with you. They have banned players and guilds for camping areas.
    It is irrelevent if you agree or not. It is a fact. Blizzard doesn't have to agree with anyone. Blizzard has made the rules. Blizzard has never banned anyone over legitimate PvP. Not a person, not a guild, not a raid, and not a party. No one. The rules are clear. Blizzard do not consider any form of legitimate PvP, for any length of time, griefing. We know this because it is actually written down, there have been raid level corpse camping this expansion, and nobody has provided any proof from the last 15 years of this occurring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    That is why a whole guild camping someone for hours is called "harassment" or griefing.

Simple as that.
    Where is the proof? There is proof that legitimate PvP is not considered griefing. Where is your proof that a guild participating in legitimate PvP against an individual was punished?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I see you're still here talking non-sense. I linked you the article a few days ago but you're still bent on a stupid rant. I'll leave it here again

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

I'll camp your corpse until you uninstall the game and there's nothing you can do about it. Your presence in this thread is reaching a point of denial only seen in flat earthers. How many articles and rules do people need to link to you before you stop this? It's getting delusional man

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Corpse_camping
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Griefing
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9792650621

Here you are.

As the blue post says, they won't do anything unless it is unreasonable (as we have said it already). So if you corpse camp me or someone for days, they will take actions. It is written just here blue on black.

Case closed, you are wrong, I am right. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Blizzard disagrees and literally tells you to your face you chose the wrong server if you think it's against the rules, sorry.
    It's griefing regardless if it's against the rules or not. Griefing just refers to shitty behaviour and stuff you do for the sole purpose of pissing off others in general. If it's banable or not is completely irrelevant.

All forms of extended corpse camping and ganking low lvls are pure griefing by the very definition of the word.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Here you are.

As the blue post says, they won't do anything unless it is unreasonable (as we have said it already). So if you corpse camp me or someone for days, they will take actions. It is written just here blue on black.

No, its not. Yet again your reading comprehension is terrible. They did not say they WILL take action - they said they MIGHT look into it further. If all they find is pvp, nothing will happen. If they find harassment, messaging, and abusive behavior, they might take action. No one has ever been banned for pvp, and no one ever will. The two examples that have been linked in this thread were debunked in seconds. The first link, amusingly, blizzard themselves stepped in and said it had nothing to do with pvp, but rather the player in question was creating toons and msging the victim, and spamming them endlessly. When ignored, the person created a new toon, and continued the abuse.

The second "world famous event" had nothing to do with pvp, but rather ddossing zones and crashing servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It's griefing regardless if it's against the rules or not. Griefing just refers to shitty behaviour and stuff you do for the sole purpose of pissing off others in general. If it's banable or not is completely irrelevant.

All forms of extended corpse camping and ganking low lvls are pure griefing by the very definition of the word.
    This is all wrong. Blizzard have a pretty clearly defined set of rules, and one of them is that Corpse camping is not griefing. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Here you are.

Learn to read buddy. As much as you'd like pvp to be a bannable offense under your own definition, it is not. You're welcome to either ask for help considering you're playing a bloody mmo or uninstall the game/play on a pve server.

If someone corpse camped me for days I would uninstall the game because I would be clearly too retarded and ashamed of myself.

Actually, I take that back. Only a mentally challenged individual would get corpse camped for more than 30 mins, that would suffice for me.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-10-20 at 08:28 PM.

In general gaming parlance, griefing can be a lot of behaviors. We are specifically talking about Blizzard's definition of the world griefing.

Which is outlined here.

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.
    https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

This is all wrong. Blizzard have a pretty clearly defined set of rules, and one of them is that Corpse camping is not griefing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Did you even read what you quoted? I'm well aware that corpse camping is allowed, I've always played on PvP servers, and been on both ends of said griefing many times. It's still griefing by definition. If it's allowed/banable, or not, is completely irrelevant. Blizz decides what's allowed in their games, they don't get to decide what words mean. Blizz didn't invent the word "griefing", it has been a part of online gaming since the dawn of time, waaay before WoW was released.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Did you even read what you quoted? I'm well aware that corpse camping is allowed, I've always played on PvP servers, and been on both ends of said griefing many times. It's still griefing by definition. If it's allowed/banable, or not, is completely irrelevant. Blizz decides what's allowed in their games, they don't get to decide what words mean. Blizz didn't invent the word "griefing", it has been a part of online gaming since the dawn of time, waaay before WoW was released.
    While that is true, it is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, its not. Yet again your reading comprehension is terrible. They did not say they WILL take action - they said they MIGHT look into it further. If all they find is pvp, nothing will happen. If they find harassment, messaging, and abusive behavior, they might take action. No one has ever been banned for pvp, and no one ever will. The two examples that have been linked in this thread were debunked in seconds. The first link, amusingly, blizzard themselves stepped in and said it had nothing to do with pvp, but rather the player in question was creating toons and msging the victim, and spamming them endlessly. When ignored, the person created a new toon, and continued the abuse.

The second "world famous event" had nothing to do with pvp, but rather ddossing zones and crashing servers.

- - - Updated - - -

My comprehension is correct. They will look into it and take action accordingly with what they find. And that what I was saying. If they find it is griefing, they will take action. Nothing more, nothing less.

My comprehension is correct. They will look into it and take action accordingly with what they find. And that what I was saying. If they find it is griefing, they will take action. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Correct, if they find it is griefing, they will take action. But corpse camping can NEVER be griefing, and neither can any pvp activity.

- - - Updated - - -

Well no, it is absolutely 100% relevant. Its literally what this topic is about. Dont just jump to the last page and reply to the first post you see. The topic is literally discussing what is allowed, whats not allowed, how much is too much in the players eyes, and in blizzards eyes.

And do you have proof about that? Since you are always asking the same for others, time for you to back you up.
    He has provided proof at least 4 times that camping is not griefing. It is established that Blizzard has said this. People are claiming that Blizzard have banned people for this. Is he suppose to trawl the trillion websites to find this proof doesn't exist? Or, after providing a source to his argument, is he entitled to a source that blizzard have changed their stance on this? It is pretty simple. Where is the proof that blizzard has changed their mind and legitimate PvP can be considered griefing?

- - - Updated - - -

You linked their rule for corpse camping. That is not really the same level. But whatever, I won't waste my time with someone that resorts to personal attack because he lacks arguments.
    *Gets shown actual, hard, incontrovertible proof.*

"Nah bro, it doesn't count because you called me a bad name and I can't handle being wrong on the internet."

Is this for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro