Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This kind of behavior is absolutely despicable, and the people who take part in it need to get a life.

Pretty sure corpse camping someone for hours at a time for no other reason than to prevent that person from doing anything and to make their play experience hell can easily be considered griefing, which is discussed in the code of conduct. Corpse camping on it's own is not considered griefing, but doing it for that long with the explicit intent as to disrupt that player's play session and enjoyment goes beyond corpse camping and gets into the harassment and griefing category. If the affected player's only real recourse to stop it from happening is to stop playing the game/ log out...I highly doubt Blizzard would encourage or allow behavior that leads to that.
    You are wrong. Read the posts linked multiple time in this very thread, or, if you prefer, look it up yourself. Blizzards stance is extremely clear here, and if you don't agree with it, they have provided a server type that is more in line with how you want to play.

You guys are honestly saying that people should complain to EA because they keep getting killed by the same chopper pilot in bf4 and it's "griefing" and he should be banned.

Anyone who thinks you can be camped for "hours" is an idiot. You can ALWAYS move out of the area, hearth, or get to a town where the guards can provide some refuge. I have been camped numerous times, and it is not hard to get away, anyone who just stays in the same area, and keeps releasing and trying to quest is not doing anything to help the situation. Those ppl should be on a pve realm.

And how would you prove intent? Since that is the factor which you claim swaps it from just open world pvp fun to griefing, how the fuck would anyone PROVE intent?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-09 at 06:49 PM.

This kind of behavior is absolutely despicable, and the people who take part in it need to get a life.

Pretty sure corpse camping someone for hours at a time for no other reason than to prevent that person from doing anything and to make their play experience hell can easily be considered griefing, which is discussed in the code of conduct. Corpse camping on it's own is not considered griefing, but doing it for that long with the explicit intent as to disrupt that player's play session and enjoyment goes beyond corpse camping and gets into the harassment and griefing category. If the affected player's only real recourse to stop it from happening is to stop playing the game/ log out...I highly doubt Blizzard would encourage or allow behavior that leads to that.
    You dont have to stop playing the game. You can play a different character or reroll to a pve server.

I agree corpse camping for long periods makes you wanna question his morality or whatever, but I'd question the mentality of the dude who keeps resurrecting lol

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are wrong. Read the posts linked multiple time in this very thread, or, if you prefer, look it up yourself. Blizzards stance is extremely clear here, and if you don't agree with it, they have provided a server type that is more in line with how you want to play.

You guys are honestly saying that people should complain to EA because they keep getting killed by the same chopper pilot in bf4 and it's "griefing" and he should be banned.
    There is no clear delineation between when it turns from JUST corpse camping to griefing and harassment.

I don't see anything anywhere in this thread that explicitly discusses that or proves that idea wrong.

I honestly don't understand how someone can try and argue that corpse camping someone for multiple hours with the express purposes of making their play session unplayable and unenjoyable would NOT be considered griefing or harassment.

If you can point EXACTLY to where it says anywhere that THAT level of corpse camping is completely fine. I'm not just talking about corpse camping...stop referring to the PvP FAQ as that kind of behavior falls outside of normal corpse camping.

Corpse camping isn't cool and the lowest form of chicken shit behavior.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Hey guys couple questions here I would like your opinions on.

1) Do you corpse camp after you kill someone? If so how many times do you do it for? Do you have a record? Please share your story!

2) Knowing that your fellow faction member corpse camps people and griefs the other faction hard, do you blacklist them? Do you frown upon corpse campers even if they are on your side?

3) Can I get in trouble or get banned for griefing the enemy faction too hard and corpse camping them?
    1) Depends, I won't camp someone I kill just because we ran into each other. I will DEFINITELY camp someone who tried to gank me and failed or someone who's trying to take the entire questing area for himself, douchy things like that. If we're farming something in the same spot and he doesn't get the message that it's my spot, then it's his own fault for staying there, he needs to gtfo or get camped.

2) I don't give half a shit what other people do as long as it doesn't affect me. Corpse camp away my dude, won't make me think less of you.

3) I never heard of anyone getting banned for doing something within the rules of the game and its intended features.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    By YOUR definition, not blizzards. And in this context, it's blizzards definition that matters, not yours. You could choose to use any other word, and there wouldn't be an issue.
    Welcome to the point, more so to my original point and the point of this thread.

If me and my group is running around in a zone, killing every red we see, I consider it your own fault for staying in the zone if you don't want to die. Now wether that constitutes as corpse camping or not, IDK but we spent about 4 hours in around hearthglen a few days ago, a lot of the people we killed were people who kept coming back for more.

Depends on the situation. I play on a PvP server, but am generally a pretty chill dude unless provoked. I don't really bother camping randos I kill here and there, but if I leave someone alone and they choose to attack me, espeeeeecially if they pull some B/S like attacking while I'm working on 2-3 mobs, thinking they're going to get the jump on me... Yeah I'm gonna clear my schedule and pretty much camp that dude until he calls in friends or logs.
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You dont have to stop playing the game. You can play a different character or reroll to a pve server.

I agree corpse camping for long periods makes you wanna question his morality or whatever, but I'd question the mentality of the dude who keeps resurrecting lol
    Really depends on why that person is playing to begin with.

If the reason someone signed in was to level their only character, or collect reagents for crafting or whatever on that specific character to prepare for raiding or actually just head to a dungeon/ raid etc... why would they choose to go do something completely unrelated? Why should they even HAVE to make that decision?

Telling someone who's even level 20+ to "lol, just reroll on a PvE server" isn't really constructive at that point. Valid yes, but nobody wants to spend that many hours getting to the same point, especially if the reason they're on the server to begin with is because of friends or guild or whatever.

Granted, rolling on a PvP server, you kind of sign up for this but there's a HUGE difference between having to deal with a few occasional things like this for 20-60 minutes and being camped for hours at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much is too much?
    Any at all, unless they've done something to deserve it (and no, simply being on the other faction doesn't count), for instance, I corpsecamp people that gank low level players who don't pose any threat to them.

Don't be a dick for the sake of being a dick.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

depends who you ask i guess. personally i only kill enemy players 1 time, sometimes 2 if they deserved it

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    If me and my group is running around in a zone, killing every red we see, I consider it your own fault for staying in the zone if you don't want to die. Now wether that constitutes as corpse camping or not, IDK but we spent about 4 hours in around hearthglen a few days ago, a lot of the people we killed were people who kept coming back for more.
    This is different, IMO. Still shitty, but if you're not targetting anyone specifically I think it's fine, because people who don't want to participate have the option of leaving the area. It's when you specifically target one player and camp them for hours even when they are trying to leave the area that I find a HUGE issue with.

If the reason someone signed in was to level their only character, or collect reagents for crafting or whatever on that specific character to prepare for raiding or actually just head to a dungeon/ raid etc... why would they choose to go do something completely unrelated? Why should they even HAVE to make that decision?

Telling someone who's even level 20+ to "lol, just reroll on a PvE server" isn't really constructive at that point. Valid yes, but nobody wants to spend that many hours getting to the same point, especially if the reason they're on the server to begin with is because of friends or guild or whatever.

Granted, rolling on a PvP server, you kind of sign up for this but there's a HUGE difference between having to deal with a few occasional things like this for 20-60 minutes and being camped for hours at a time.
    It's the risk you take signing up for a pvp server like you said. Doesnt matter what their purpose for logging in that day is. My purpose to swim in the ocean is to ride waves, but I understand theres the risk of a shark attack.

I mean it sucks, but there are multiple ways around it. Call for help. You should be actively making friends on pvp servers to prevent this situation.

If you want the peace of levelling, collecting, crafting, etc, then you need to be on a pve server. Pvp server comes with the possibility that you will not get any of your objectives done.

Common Problems
    A player of the opposite faction is camping or killing NPCs
    A player keeps killing me over and over
    Keep getting camped and can't play the game at all

It's listed as a common problem right on the FAQ page. You have options. Play something else, don't roll on a pvp server, spirit rez, run to another spirit rezzer, log off.

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:

Corpse camping
    Killing players well below your level
    If a person chooses to rez 1000 times, they can walk back 1000 times and there is nothing to be done or said about it. They willingly chose the server type fully knowing all that entails. Period.

There is no clear delineation between when it turns from JUST corpse camping to griefing and harassment.

I don't see anything anywhere in this thread that explicitly discusses that or proves that idea wrong.

I honestly don't understand how someone can try and argue that corpse camping someone for multiple hours with the express purposes of making their play session unplayable and unenjoyable would NOT be considered griefing or harassment.

If you can point EXACTLY to where it says anywhere that THAT level of corpse camping is completely fine. I'm not just talking about corpse camping...stop referring to the PvP FAQ as that kind of behavior falls outside of normal corpse camping.
    See this is just silly. Rules don't say what is ok, they say what is NOT ok. Surely you understand how idiotic that request is?

- - - Updated - - -

This is different, IMO. Still shitty, but if you're not targetting anyone specifically I think it's fine, because people who don't want to participate have the option of leaving the area. It's when you specifically target one player and camp them for hours even when they are trying to leave the area that I find a HUGE issue with.
    Read the rules - they are right there. Stop replying to people and read the bloody thing.

- - - Updated - - -

No, there is no difference.

It's the risk you take signing up for a pvp server like you said. Doesnt matter what their purpose for logging in that day is. My purpose to swim in the ocean is to ride waves, but I understand theres the risk of a shark attack.

I mean it sucks, but there are multiple ways around it. Call for help. You should be actively making friends on pvp servers to prevent this situation.

If you want the peace of levelling, collecting, crafting, etc, then you need to be on a pve server. Pvp server comes with the possibility that you will not get any of your objectives done.
    There's a difference though between having a chain of PvP events from different people in different situations causing you to be unable to get your objectives done and being camped constantly by the same person/group of people.

I get that signing up on a PvP server opens you up to things like this (which is why I don't roll on them) but that shouldn't automatically be a free pass for poeple to be assholes for hours on end.

Intent matters. Killing any character who's red to me is one thing, specifically looking for one person who's red to you to make their day shitty is another thing entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference though between having a chain of PvP events from different people in different situations causing you to be unable to get your objectives done and being camped constantly by the same person/group of people.

I get that signing up on a PvP server opens you up to things like this (which is why I don't roll on them) but that shouldn't automatically be a free pass for poeple to be assholes for hours on end.

Intent matters. Killing any character who's red to me is one thing, specifically looking for one person who's red to you to make their day shitty is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Any at all, unless they've done something to deserve it (and no, simply being on the other faction doesn't count), for instance, I corpsecamp people that gank low level players who don't pose any threat to them.

Don't be a dick for the sake of being a dick.
    What if it's not "for the sake of being a dick" but instead because people enjoy it? You might not, and that's fine, you can conduct yourself however you like on a pvp realm, just appreciate that the same goes for others.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Intent does NOT matter. At all, in any way, shape or form, and by any definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    LOL
    Did you seriously suggest that playing on a PVP server and camping others equates to being on the edge of being a school shooter???!!!
    I cant even right now...
    NEVER have I ever, even remotely been able to fathom doing such a thing. Im sorry but that is such a dumb thing for you to say.

Im a very nice person in real life, you dont even know me... Just because someone likes to play a war game and harass the enemy players does not make someone evil.
    You need to stay off PvP servers. I can tell you've probably been ganked too hard. For you to be generalizing people in that sense by looking at them into being the most evil thing fathomable by simply playing a computer game just goes to show you have issue yourself like everyone else in this world.

Yes I like causing shit and wishing their character that they play to suffer my wrath, but its comradery and Ive made so many good memories and friends/enemies so far doing it.
    but yeah your needs are on the back burner. Just because YOU want to play on a pvp server to take advantage of YOUR selfish needs of being in a good guild and better AH prices doesn't mean others have to conform to your stupid idea of "decency and honor".

Give me a break... We are playing a game where warlocks can chain cc you all day and mages are almost unbeatable to almost all classes in 1v1.
    So no Im not going to make the fight fair. Im going to have fun and think creatively ie)using resources, terrain, pots, mobs any action that would clearly give me an advantage. Im going to grief them because I want them to do the same to me because I want war in my warcraft game. I want choosing your faction to matter and Classic is doing a great job at that.
    I simply disagree. Just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean you should. If you are a ganker, ofc you have some issues you are not dealing with. Whenever I get killed I can only imagine an insecure loser on the other end, a failure in life who takes out his or hers angers in a game. The way you play absolutely reflect the way you are in real life. Now I mean "you" as in everyone not YOU specifically.

When the honor system comes, I can understand some people fighting, but it still doesn't excuse unfair fights, meaning attacking low levels or attacking 2vs1. If you are gonna pvp, go 1v1 with an equal level, else you are a pathetic coward.

And I stick by it, if you pvp right now, before honor system, the SOLE reason is to grief others. And if you enjoy destroying the game for others, THAT IS A SADISTIC behaviour. If you are bullied or a sad loser irl (again not direct to YOU buddhapunch09, but in general, I get that you need to take revenge in game. But if you consider yourself a normal person, and waste your life griefing others in a video game, just stop and look what you do with your life.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that it makes them assholes. It's just not against the actual rules. We can wish it was, but it's not. Gms will just tell you a variation of "pvp on a pvp server is normal"

I usually kill on sight when I think I can survive the situation, or simply if it could be fun. I generally don't corpse camp, but I will kill the same players again if I happen to come across them again. Especially if they're questing in the same area of the zone as I am and they don't back off.