Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the new Joker movie is a good analogy to the struggles of a Balance druid.

Basically, someone has to be the villain. In WoW cruelty reigns and empathy is all but absent. You either play the way others tell you to, or you are ostracized.

Lucky for me I have my own guild and friends to play with so I can play whatever spec I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    This forums are full of nonsense and pseudo psicologists.

Games dont transform people. People transform games.
    If one guy is a troll in retail he will be a troll in classic and vice versa.

Classic community is not better. Its the same guys in all games.

A guy helping you out in classic will help you in any other game as long there is interaction.
    What retail lacks is interaction...meaningfull.
    It does not have worse community.

And looking at the recent generation of gamers... The grass doesnt look greenier anywhere.
    I see your point. But I disagree. Classic seems to be both attracting the kind of players that are friendly and helpful, and giving them actual opportunities to engage meaningfully with other players. Retail doesn't do this. Professions don't matter at all. You can kill anything by yourself. And LFG/LFR lets you bypass actual human interaction to a dizzying degree. Yes, maybe the same people are playing. But retail is designed to suck the humanity out of playing with others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    In your opinion.
    In my observation. And in my guildmates observation. It may be short lived nostalgia filling everyone with dopamine, but classic is built to encourage that kind of charity and kindness. That said, i have run into a few assholes since I last posted on this thread. But mostly nice people. You don't see the IO score obsessed numbers nazis in Classic that make retail such a fucking drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    I see your point. But I disagree. Classic seems to be both attracting the kind of players that are friendly and helpful, and giving them actual opportunities to engage meaningfully with other players. Retail doesn't do this. Professions don't matter at all. You can kill anything by yourself. And LFG/LFR lets you bypass actual human interaction to a dizzying degree. Yes, maybe the same people are playing. But retail is designed to suck the humanity out of playing with others.

- - - Updated - - -

In my observation. And in my guildmates observation. It may be short lived nostalgia filling everyone with dopamine, but classic is built to encourage that kind of charity and kindness. That said, i have run into a few assholes since I last posted on this thread. But mostly nice people. You don't see the IO score obsessed numbers nazis in Classic that make retail such a fucking drag.
    Obv, you will run less into ppl obsessed by IO score as the content in Classic is not challenging a.k.a boring. But to each its own as they say.

Sounds like an asmongold fan tbh.

The sooner people stop treating Classic like it's some cutting-edge difficulty thing you need to minmax the better. Moonkins aren't a waste of a party slot, there are definitely worse DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Obv, you will run less into ppl obsessed by IO score as the content in Classic is not challenging a.k.a boring. But to each its own as they say.
    Interesting. I find retail exceedingly unchallenging and im in a Heroic AOTC guild working on mythic progression.

Classic has flexibility. It's super fun to 4 man a dungeon or go in with just me and four mages and try to fuck shit up. So far classic content has been far more fun...and we've died a lot more as well. Retail is faceroll bruh. No one has to manage mana. No one has to worry about threat. Face. roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Interesting. I find retail exceedingly unchallenging and im in a Heroic AOTC guild working on mythic progression.

Classic has flexibility. It's super fun to 4 man a dungeon or go in with just me and four mages and try to fuck shit up. So far classic content has been far more fun...and we've died a lot more as well. Retail is faceroll bruh. No one has to manage mana. No one has to worry about threat. Face. roll.
    Why don't you go with 4 mages in a +15 mm and see how it goes? Like seriously?

If you play Classic content as it is meant to be played, it is non challenging. You can always make your own challenge, but you can also do so in modern wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    There is even a sadder side to this story than the moonkin hate. That Moonkin most likely quit WOW. I mean think about it. IF you really loved your class and all of a sudden you wasn't getting invited and when you did crap like this happened. What reason is there to continue playing. Its not like Blizz is gonna do something about Moonkin mana regen. #nochanges amiright. Poor Girl. Nothing but love for you if you read this.
    Hopefully they don't care. I consider myself to be an extremely sensitive person and I put up with all the hybrid hate for years because nobody was going to tell me what to play. I begrudgingly raid healed as a 30/21 feral/resto druid (PvP spec) for a time in vanilla. When I rerolled a druid on opposing faction I became obstinate and refused to heal period. I got berated while leveling for not carrying around a heal set and I was like F that, I don't want to heal. When raid guilds came courting I told them I would only join if I could be feral, I was not healing.

15 years later nothing's changed, I'm going to play what I want. I don't care if there are people who don't want to group with me, I don't need their groups. Frankly, the best groups I've been in over the years have been unorthodox ones, they also tend to have the coolest people. Hybrids are awesome at what they do, it's not just about straight DPS (perhaps with the exception of raids). I've saved many a 5-man by off-tanking, off-healing, filling in wherever needed. Your pure DPS classes can't do that.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Are moonkins legitimately running out of mana in your guild? They must really not want to read up on how to play their spec properly, since mana problems outside of progression has been solved for years now
    In the raid I have no idea, dont really care how they do in there since our warriors, a couple mages and rogues dominate damage. Other than getting innervate I dont really pay a lot of attention to the druids. My post wasnt actually about druids being bad for groups either as I said it doesnt really matter if you bring them, they arent going to hurt your party.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2019-10-08 at 11:14 PM.

Prot paladins are amazing in 5 man dungeons too.

Does that mean prot paladin is viable in raid though
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Prot paladins are amazing in 5 man dungeons too.

Does that mean prot paladin is viable in raid though
    Prot paladin are viable in raid but not optimal.

They're not useful in raids/dungeons and they tend to steal gear from other classes. People really hate classes that have a rep for stealing gear in vanilla, and noobkins are one of the worst offenders, needing all caster gear regardless if it's for healing or if it's cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    They can't use their spells as they are OOM in barely seconds else and do even worse damage.

They can't use their dots in raids because of the few dot slots that are possible and they do less than othes classes dot's. (Same reason you can't play Affliction in raids).
    SM/Ruin begs to differ it is technically Aff.

Where do you think those drumsticks for starting characters come from? Lowbies got to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    They're not useful in raids/dungeons and they tend to steal gear from other classes. People really hate classes that have a rep for stealing gear in vanilla, and noobkins are one of the worst offenders, needing all caster gear regardless if it's for healing or if it's cloth.
    I can only hope this is sarcasm...

Even as a cat you can forget about playing as a pure DPS. You will be requested to off tank. If you want to DPS as a druid, you will have to wait for TBC realms.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Same problem as enhancement shaman. They just run out of mana too fast. Whist they have mana they are fine ( and enhancement are gods ) but it just runs out too quick and they have shit regen. You could prob wing it with mana/5 gear lower rank spells and potions and stuff but then you would be too far behind the other caster. They work in TBC as 3% hit is just so good, that 3% hit offsets the shit dps.

There gear also sucks , even into TBC they have to wear cloth.
    I think you mean Elemental. Enhancement does decent numbers with or without mana because of Windfury and the low mana cost of shocks. To be fair, almost every class other than Warlocks have a very finite source of mana regen. Evocation and Mana gems only go so far for mages before wanding becomes a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Even as a cat you can forget about playing as a pure DPS. You will be requested to off tank. If you want to DPS as a druid, you will have to wait for TBC realms.
    I am guessing you have not played since 2004(Vanilla)? but a great deal has changed in the past decade. Cats can dps, owls can dps, etc... the game is not as hard as you think. This 100% efficiency attitude is usually applicable to TOP 1% guilds trying to get world first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    Same problem as enhancement shaman. They just run out of mana too fast. Whist they have mana they are fine ( and enhancement are gods ) but it just runs out too quick and they have shit regen. You could prob wing it with mana/5 gear lower rank spells and potions and stuff but then you would be too far behind the other caster. They work in TBC as 3% hit is just so good, that 3% hit offsets the shit dps.

There gear also sucks , even into TBC they have to wear cloth.
    Oof so much to dissect, so much misinformation.

Im guessing you were meaning to say "elemental shaman run out of mana too fast". Ele shamans going oom is massively exaggerated and generally false, it only happens if you refuse to learn how to solve mana issues and ignore guides. NEVER ever suggest mp5 gear for a boss fight.

What on earth does "They work in TBC" mean? Ele shaman in Vanilla do much more than the required dps to kill a boss. Dps has increased drastically since 2004, it would literally take a melee mage afk'ing every 4 sec to not do enough dps.

Yes, they were cloth I don't really know what is the problem with that?

It's a fashionable mentality to have and often people take it way to far without even knowing the reason why.

I always like using "Nickelback" for a reference for stuff like this. Everyone hates Nickelback, but have you asked anyone why?

"Coz they suck!" -- yeah but why? What specifically about them do you dislike? Most people don't have any answer (PS - Not a Nickelback fan. But I also don't hate them)

Your healer has real life problems that's why he acts like this

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is so easy, why make it even easier by just using pure meta comps? Honestly I think it'd be fun to do a 40 man guild with all the misfit specs.