Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm that sounds interesting. You mean a macro with FD + trap?
    Ya, I'm not at my computer but I use something like

#showtooltip
    /cast Explosive Trap
    /petpassive
    /cast Feign Death

Make sure the mobs arent abt to do an aoe, or your serpent sting isnt abt to tick, run into melee and spam the macro. You'll instantly fd, then ideally after 0.5 sec the icon lights up and you'll lay the trap. If you or your pet get hit by anything in that 0.5 sec it won't work. I have a 90+% success rate with it.

Only other thing to look out for is trap is a 15 sec cd and fd is 30. So your macro will look like it's off cd but wont work cause fd is still on cd. You can fix it by having "#showtooltip Feign Death" at the top tho. I just prefer to see the trap cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rolled human warrior but I still think may be night elf would be prettier... But if I would roll night elf, I would think about human too. So I'll level few more humans and elves I guess. And one dwarf to manage the capital.

Regret not going Undead 100%, alliance music makes it even
    I just can't chill listening to horde music, it's pure cortisol

Hmm that sounds interesting. You mean a macro with FD + trap?
    This is why I suggested reading a guide. But whatever really, as I said in the earlier reply you don't HAVE to enjoy playing hunter. But not enjoying it because you're not really playing (well/optimally/how it was meant to be played w/e) seems a waste, that's all. Same as that ReverendChris guy saying he didn't enjoy Classic because mage was a terrible class for levelling - No, its one of the best, you're just not playing it "well".

I'm loathe to use terms like "playing it properly" or "optimally" or "well" w/e, because that isn't everyones aim and sounds smugly elitist. But there is clearly some space between "playing it like a pro" and "not really undertanding all your options" where a little improvement can pay dividends in terms of enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

everyone knows dwarf priests are overpowered thanks to fear ward alliance side.

i rolled a human priest for perception (pvp) and rep gain bonus, as its an alt and I don't want to put as much time into it. i also main a dwarf hunter, so i wanted to do the elwynn forest / westfall cycle for a change from dun morogh / loch modan.

i still should have rolled a dwarf priest. oh well.

I actually had no choice at all, as far as race, I picked Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Playing a warrior mostly solo while leveling sucked on a pvp server. Seems like every other horde I saw was a mage. Glad I chose gnome though. Running around with a pally makes everything better at 60 though.
    Whenever I see a gnome warrior I kill it. Very easy to kill. I feel like people who picked gnomes are trolls in real life so I want to gank em even more. It's nice to discuss with a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    that.... is not how reflectors work... and not how that match up plays out either, but that was a nice fantasy you had there! if only reflectors actually reflected AOE abilities like Frost nova, and didn't just make you immune, and IMAGINE using a 50 silver FAP pot instead of an entire trinket for a fucking frost nova.

- - - Updated - - -

heres how you play hunter in dungeons. you ask your mage/warlock to precast on your aimshot, and the 2 of 1 shot 1 of the mobs. now just smack shit, aggro is irrelevant to you, if you're holding back your fucking trash, you have FD for a reason, and no mobs or bosses are at all deadly to a fucking mail wearer.

Done a shit load of dungeons with one of the best hunters around, with raid logs to back it up, and hes usually around 100 DPS behind me in Brm dungeons, and 50 DPS behind me in Scholo/strat cuz of shadow resist cucks etc. and im a freaking warlock, so imagine how he feels when one of our mages join the grp and doubles my overall dmg Hunters are absolutely fine for casual grps and pugs, but for any somewhat organized farm grp they are quite literally competing with Enhancement shamans and ret paladins. I am glad you've had a positive experience with dungeon grps though!

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to prove, Kitty dps is just pretty bad, outside of giving ur grp 5% crit.

They can't even compete with 1 button DPS speccs like locks and mages, who are insanely far behind rogues and warriors in P1 and 2.

personally love Feral druids, and Im all for people playing it, but I also don't blame guilds for not taking them, look at MC logs, warriors are pulling 1700 DPS on most of the sperg fights like Lucifron, where is the druids at?
    Quite sure the Gyrofreeze trinket reflects the spells. It was in TBC that they changed the item and made you immune to spells. But in Vanilla it did reflect spells (not sure about nova though)

Sort of regret rolling hunter.
    Questing is awesome but the class is annoying as f*** to play in tight spaces... and look what dungeons mostly consist of.

Also it bores me to tears that I still only have only 2 buttons + Autoshot @ 30.
    I'm having a blast with my alt hunter.
    Auto shoot, serpent sting, multi shot, pet skills, traps, etc.

I feel kinda odd leveling paladin.

On the one hand it's what I want to play. I generally prefer class design in BFA more than vanilla (Not that BFA is perfect mind you). I have more fun on my BFA mage than I would as a classic mage etc in terms of rotation etc. Paladin however lost so much of what I loved about it in vanilla that it's barely even recognizable in some ways, so it's the only class that really appeals to me in classic. I love having all the seals, auras and blessings and judgement effects form vanilla.

The downside is I feel like late game there's going to be issues because of itemization, people prefering warrior tanks/wanting me to be just a buffbot or healer, and lacking some of the skills from BC that IMO really improved things. So unless they implmenet BC servers down the line it feels like I'm not really going to get to relive what i liked about my old paladin back in the day anyway.

Only regret I ever had was playing a gnome, later I had to pay to change race. The camera view sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This is why I suggested reading a guide. But whatever really, as I said in the earlier reply you don't HAVE to enjoy playing hunter. But not enjoying it because you're not really playing (well/optimally/how it was meant to be played w/e) seems a waste, that's all.
    Well, to be frank: that macro sounds like very "creative gameplay" and is, most certainly, not the way the class is intended to be played.
    I'll have to see if I can even reliably make it work w/o losing DPS in the process (not that it would truly matter in classic).

Won't change my main complaint which is the rather retarded "have to stand at least 8 yards away" coupled with dungeons that feel claustrophobic on classes that DON'T have to stand that far out. Tanks being shitty and not being able to maintain threat, people constantly "kiting" the mobs around (usually towards the group, a.k.a. me) don't help either. Also why on earth can't hunter autoshoot while moving? This is BS.

Won't change my main complaint which is the rather retarded "have to stand at least 8 yards away" coupled with dungeons that feel claustrophobic on classes that DON'T have to stand that far out. Tanks being shitty and not being able to maintain threat, people constantly "kiting" the mobs around (usually towards the group, a.k.a. me) don't help either. This is BS.
    Absolutely agree on all of these, particularly the claustrophobic areas of dungeons (spiral ramps in SFK come instantly to mind) Almost feel people should have to play every class to a certain point before they can take another one further just so people appreciate the needs of, and how, the other people in their group play. Almost

And yeah that particular macro does seem a little "out-of-the-box", but regarding "autoshoot while moving" I know there is (or used to be) a knack to pausing long enough to fire a shot then continuing to move while the weapon "swing" is recharging, like "stutter step" in MOBAs but a) I sucked at it anyway and b) can't confirm if it's how it works specifically in Classic anyway as with a lack of organised PvP I've not had much need to try it. It did seem to work the random occasions I tried but I wasn't specifically testing it at the time and haven't yet. Anyway I've taken up far too much of your time on this, so I'll just repeat that I'm only doing it due to me finding Classic hunter a real blast compared to the other classes I've been playing, and wish you all the best either ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Anyway I've taken up far too much of your time on this, so I'll just repeat that I'm only doing it due to me finding Classic hunter a real blast compared to the other classes I've been playing, and wish you all the best either ways
    Haha, don't worry about it. That's the point of any forum, after all. Thankfully, the lions share of my playtime is spent where hunters are fun: in the open world.
    I too wish you the best.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Whenever I see a gnome warrior I kill it. Very easy to kill. I feel like people who picked gnomes are trolls in real life so I want to gank em even more. It's nice to discuss with a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite sure the Gyrofreeze trinket reflects the spells. It was in TBC that they changed the item and made you immune to spells. But in Vanilla it did reflect spells (not sure about nova though)
    As long as you guys keep opening with poly I'll keep spitting on your corpses. I feel like every horde tryhard rolled mage, but that's probably because I'm a warrior.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is such a noob comment. If you've played the game you know very well there are many occasions where you simply can't run away. Try running away when you are killing mobs in troll ruins. You'll end up aggroing 5 trolls on you.
    Better situational awareness will go along ways. But hey maybe your just to much of a scrub to not get caught in a fear bomb. Also while not specifically stated my comment was more in terms of a duel where you don't have NPCs all over. Either way have a great weekend cup cake and keep up the fail.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    He shouldn't even be getting feared by priests to begin with on normal situations. The average player playing orc doesn't even notice the amount of stuns they resist tho
    So much this.
    People would understand the value of Hardiness better when playing Paladin or Rogue on Alliance, when your big plays are... suddenly not big plays anymore.

As a Horde Warlock I only really notice it when I resist a Warrior charge, which is obviously godlike. Or Rogue Stunlock. But all the random stuns thrown in your direction in a BG? Tidal Charms, Hoj's, Grenades, Blackouts etc.? Hardiness is a hidden champion. Totally OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    As long as you guys keep opening with poly I'll keep spitting on your corpses. I feel like every horde tryhard rolled mage, but that's probably because I'm a warrior.
    eat a charge, nova, poly, AP, pyroblast PoM pyroblast, fire blast, tidal charm, fireball - dead warrior 9/10 times with virtually 0 chance for him to counterplay it. Won 20g like that from my guildie when he wanted to duel lvl 58 mage as his 60 warrior lol

- - - Updated - - -

This is such a noob comment. If you've played the game you know very well there are many occasions where you simply can't run away. Try running away when you are killing mobs in troll ruins. You'll end up aggroing 5 trolls on you.
    yeah no, you just run away the way you came there, unless you for some inexplicable reason blocked yourself in with respawned mobs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I re rolled yesterday as a Rogue. Pally is just too slow and boring. Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Auto attack. . . . Judgement. . . . Auto attack. . . . Aut...........

Gave up at level 42. In Vanilla, I had 10 friends playing and we leveled together all the way to 60. So I was totally oblivious to how horrible pally leveling solo is.
    Sinister strike, sinister strike, S&D, auto-attack, auto-attack, auto-attack... it doesn't change that much for any melee to be fair
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Was an undead priest on Nostalrius and an orc hunter since tbc on retail but decided to roll a paladin for classic and i liked priest much more. Paladin has much more utility and generally much harder to kill but holy shit it's so boring to play in comparison to a priest, the lack of buttons is very severe no matter which spec you are. Also the Alliance faction is LAME, oh and the gnomes... Playing Alliance made me realize that i fucking hate gnomes.

Hello, level 29 mage here. In retail I love to tank and I would love to do that in classic too, but I‘m very limited in my time because I work shifts and I also want to raid and pvp a little bit. That‘s why I chose the mage over the warrior. I love the mage too but it‘s not a warrior (but getting a spot in a guild as a tankwarrior is like superrar when you need to work shift).

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    So much this.
    People would understand the value of Hardiness better when playing Paladin or Rogue on Alliance, when your big plays are... suddenly not big plays anymore.

As a Horde Warlock I only really notice it when I resist a Warrior charge, which is obviously godlike. Or Rogue Stunlock. But all the random stuns thrown in your direction in a BG? Tidal Charms, Hoj's, Grenades, Blackouts etc.? Hardiness is a hidden champion. Totally OP.
    I always played undead mage in pservers, now I'm playing alliance and while my class has got no stuns I'm used to setting up shatter with grenades and I find myself cringing whenever I see resist on my screen.

Especially against orc hunters because they can just feing death my frostbolt shatter combo so the best bet is to use a grenade to deny them the opportunity. Now I just use nova + sheep instead. Some people really understimate hardiness.