acceptance in society

has tyrande officially recognized their fellow night elf dh's? Or are they still at odds? Are they allowed back in night elf society?

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    has tyrande officially recognized their fellow night elf dh's? Or are they still at odds? Are they allowed back in night elf society?
    Do we even know if Tyrande ever had a real problem with DHs? In WC3, she was the one to rescue and trust Illidan, it where Malfurion and Maiev who were hostile towards DHs. I think even with Felwood, it were druids who send us out to kill the one there.

I would assume with Maiev having freed and cooperated with the DHs herself, Demon Hunters should be at least allowed back into nightelf society. I actually even think it was a missed opportunity to now show some of them in 8.1. Most Demon Hunters became what they are after all, after losing beloved once and wanting to protect what remains of their people. With the Horde burning down Teldrassil, it would have been logical with many night elf Demon Hunters focussing on them, viewing them as the biggest threat to their people with the legion defeated.

If they were willing to let Maiev back in I'm pretty sure the demon hunters are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

tyrande was the one that stopped malfurion from objecting to jace and the player demon hunter joining the alliance.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande basically accepted every elf back into the fold. DH/Highborne/DK/Even Forsaken. Its always been Malfurion crossing his arms and talking about "Them dern weirdos." The biggest block to acceptance has always just been thrown up as the older perceptions that have not evolved to include wow or mostly even WC3

Can we analogize the entirety of night elven society to just Tyrande, though?

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    Can we analogize the entirety of night elven society to just Tyrande, though?
    In this case possibly, as a theocracy she has the societal word. So whatever Tyrande deems okay pretty much is. There are of course outcasts such as Maiev when she went on a rampage against the Highborne. But even she was recently forgiven/pardoned by Tyrande lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    In this case possibly, as a theocracy she has the societal word. So whatever Tyrande deems okay pretty much is. There are of course outcasts such as Maiev when she went on a rampage against the Highborne. But even she was recently forgiven/pardoned by Tyrande lol.
    Yeah, I can see what you mean. If that’s the case, then the answer to the original question is simple. Maybe not satisfying, but simple. “Get in line or be an outcast like Maiev was.”

Let’s take this a step further, though. I’ve read a few people speculating that, with Tyrande sadly going the route of a crazy leader turning bad trope, she may end up as a raid encounter in the future. If that’s the case, would DHs pick a side with the one who let them back into society?

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can see what you mean. If that’s the case, then the answer to the original question is simple. Maybe not satisfying, but simple. “Get in line or be an outcast like Maiev was.”

Let’s take this a step further, though. I’ve read a few people speculating that, with Tyrande sadly going the route of a crazy leader turning bad trope, she may end up as a raid encounter in the future. If that’s the case, would DHs pick a side with the one who let them back into society?
    Well I cant see her going the dark route. And as we have been informed there have been a few others possessing the Night Warrior power and they are not spoken as something that has gone off the rails so we have no precedence of the blessing being used against NE interests. So even if she becomes raid bossed I cant see anything or anyone that would try and re neg on her rulings/acceptances from before she powered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    Well I cant see her going the dark route. And as we have been informed there have been a few others possessing the Night Warrior power and they are not spoken as something that has gone off the rails so we have no precedence of the blessing being used against NE interests. So even if she becomes raid bossed I cant see anything or anyone that would try and re neg on her rulings/acceptances from before she powered up.
    we don't know that she even allowed them back into night elven society.

they were allowed to work with the alliance out of practicality. i'm pretty sure anduin was on board after jace showed what they can do with exposing demons, and malfurion was feeling iffy but differed to tyrande's judgement. they probably patrolled the streets of teldrassil during the legion invasion(considering the dreadlords used that special type of undead there, i'd say it's most likely they did), but whether any were allowed to stay, we don't know.