Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post

But this video is just...where's the fanfare? We're going to fight a fucking old god! In previous expansions, this would have been teased and stretched out and then laid out with a flashy cinematic. Instead, Ion is giving an info dump with about as much flare as a powerpoint presentation. Someone mentioned above that it's because Blizzcon 9.0 is taking the majority of the team effort, but geez, let's not give up on BfA just yet.
    it's an info dump cus they want blizzcon to be about 9.0, not 8.3, and they're working on 9.0 hypes instead

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "All these talking animals are stupid!" -female pandaren /silly

We can start by getting rid of those darn cow-people. Honestly who thought that was a good idea?
    I just don't understand the intense hatred people have for certain races. Sure, I love some more than others and there are races I wouldn't play. But I don't shit on others because they like something I don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    apart from the vulpera and mechagnome and some lore hints as far the story goes everything else is shit

in gameplay i cant' speak about yet.

Early reaction for me is mixed but I'm leaning toward not liking the patch overall.

Naturally there has to be a timesink activity but it seems to me there is a lot buried in this patch which further causes concern for alt gameplay.

We have 20 more neck levels, a cloak which is levelled to ease how easy the two final encounters of the raid are, a new scenario which will require levelling a talent tree, a good deal of new essences to unlock, two (as far as I'm aware) new reputations, yet more profession items which will no doubt be a small grind like Eternal Ornaments.

I currently have three characters at 120 and am slowly and surely getting them to a decent point but I'm honestly exhausted from doing so and I've played casually but consistently yet this new patch has the exact same as 8.2 and some on top of that to last ~9 months which lets be honest is all for nothing at the end of the day, the neck will go, the cloak will go, the essences will go despite playing ~12-16 months with new abilities and we'll feel gimped again come next expansion.

Having no new 5 man / zone is worrying for me as this is content that will see us through till 9.0 and we are expected to feel satisfied looking at purple hued versions of zones already available. I know they are hard at work at the next expansion but I thought the teams were larger than ever.

I don't know roughly the extent of the titanforging plans but I currently run Normal on my toons because of the chance of a decent item, that needs to be completely removed because who in their right mind would do Normal / Heroic & optionally Mythic 12 bosses on every character then have time for additional content, I want to clear heroic and not have to worry if I killed a boss on normal it could give me a higher item level piece of gear than what I got from Heroic. There is a variety of difficulties for people to experience the raid now it's time for this lottery system to finally disappear.

We've seen assaults/invasions before and thats nothing new, it'll be the same boring phased landscape with void monsters, heroic warfront, operation: mechagon is now available for heroic, two new allied races these can't really be standout points of the patch.

I've had a quick once over of the encounters in the raid and it's meh for a lot of it, nothing really stands out and it gives me the feeling of a cross between Dragonsoul & Hellfire Citadel neither of which I personally enjoyed & the aesthetic coming out of the Eternal Palace to this Ny'alotha is rather depressing imo.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-08 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's an interesting patch, but it's not a very good one in terms of content size.

It mostly implies that all the team is working on 9.0.
    Yeah that's what I noticed. Hopefully the content and gameplay itself is engaging without needing a boatload of new assets developed since they're reusing existing zones for the world content.

If that's the case I'd give them credit for listening to the playerbase to some degree - for those of us who've been mostly fine with BfA and enjoyed the raiding then this is plenty - rather than some new island and warfront skins for uncompelling gameplay, they're skewing towards something akin to Mage Tower / Chromie which is proven enjoyable content. For those that wanted Blizzard to drop BfA and just focus on what's next, they get more dev resources focused on 9.0 too.

Solely depends on what they do with titanforge rework.

Also fuck vulperas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    More or less happy.

huge raid +
    mage tower/chromie crossover +
    restored vale +
    huge N'zoth +
    auction house +

no zone -
    no dungeon -

races - predictable
    titannope - sorry, I'm not min-maxer.
    Yeah... It's really mixed stuff.

8.3 looks solid. It's in our nature to complain about the things we're not getting, rather than celebrate the good. I'll try not to do that. Even though I really wanted playable Sethrak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm coming back for this. Always liked a good Old God antagonist.
    I've not been happy in 15 years - that's why I play WoW.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It all depends, some of the stuff they discussed was vague.

If titanforging is basically getting removed or reworked into something with much less RNG then yeah I’ll be very happy. Get that shit outta here.

We get a big raid with 12 bosses and the raid itself looks so fucking good. As long as the tuning goes well it seems like it’ll be a great raid.

We get new outdoor content. I’ve been told the horrific visions feel like a mix of Chromie scenario/withered training/mage tower which is great.

The most disappointing thing is Nya’lotha basically being Azeroth but with some void stuff, the raid which is supposed to be deep into Nya’lotha looks insane though so idk how to feel overall about this.

Overall I’m definitely hyped and seemingly happy but I wanna see how everything goes first, specifically the replacement TF system.

Is there really no new world content?

I imagine there will be outdoor content to do in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Uldum.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am happy if they remove titanforging and BiS lists can make a return.

Patch looks ok but vulpera are a shameful addition to wow

Centaur, naga, sethekk, ogre, etc. so many better races than furry fox which feels more at home in a Japanese mmorpg than wow

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Looks interesting. Very interesting. Afraid that invasions will disappear with 9.0 though.
    Aren't the Legion ones still active? I don't think the new ones will disappear, either.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Removing TF and replacing it with a token upgrade system that lets you add 5 ilvls to an item per go would be much more fair than what it is today. Looks like that might be what's happening based on datamining.

I am always happy with WoW =). Well, the whole removal of the legendary cloak in MoP and the legendary ring removal in WoD pissed me off but that's the only thing that I hated Blizzard for... in the past 15 years I have been playing WoW.

Lots of good content coming so of course I'm happy. A bit on the boring side until the release time, but that's not so bad either because there's some time to relax before entering new grinds of 8.3, and time for me to get the sllent glider.

But yeah, some people will never be happy, if they were unhappy with 8.2, which probably this next patch won't be beating in the amount of content as that was just crazily packed 'content galore'. Basically if you were unhappy with 8.2 you should probably give up on the game as it's doubtful there will ever be a content patch that big.

I'm interested in the solo content but there is real lack of story progression this expansion that has got very unsatisfied and I doubt this patch will correct this.
    Especially considering that the farm has not softened since legion

solo content sounds to good to be true but , time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Just saying, feels great boys and girls, good vibes, this looks like great content with the end of titan forge!

Great time to enjoy WoW everyone!
    Titanforging is not gone. Only the name will change. Blizzard will keep feeding us Diablo 3 RNG.