Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW Classic - Paid Character Transfers Now Available

WoW Classic - Paid Character Transfers Now Available
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Paid Character Transfers are now available for players in WoW Classic who are looking to relocate their characters to a different realm within their region. There are a few things to keep in mind before you take the leap into making a home on a new realm.

• Each transfer has a ninety-day cooldown.
    • Gold transfer limits specific level ranges are as follows:
      • Level 1-30 can transfer with up to 100 gold
      • Level 31-50 can transfer with up to 500 gold
      • Level 51-60 can transfer with up to 2000 gold
    • Characters cannot transfer from PvE realms to PvP Realms and RP realms cannot transfer to RP-PvP realms.

Ready to make the move? You can find the Paid Character Transfer service by launching WoW Classic and clicking the Shop button on the character select screen.

And THERE we go.

"We allowed massive faction imbalances, and now you can pay us to fix it!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    ....so how would blizz fix it? They tried with the free transfers and no one took it...and forcing faction queues would only piss people off

Feels like a serious cheap shot considering what went down during P2.

"We warned you about population problems, gave you free transfers and STILL you all flocked to the same server and stayed there. Here, now you can go fix it yourselves."

"Allowed" lol. They gave everyone all the information they needed to make an informed decision.

Would you have preferred they forcibly moved your character to a different server?

this will make it worse, not better. nobody is going to knowingly transfer to a realm where their faction is massively outnumbered.

All I wanna do is [Bang Bang Bang Bang]
    And a [Click]
    [Kaching] And take your money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRjZoRtu0Y

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

price? 25 as at has always been?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....so how would blizz fix it? They tried with the free transfers and no one took it...and forcing faction queues would only piss people off
    If only had they given free transfers to ANY realm instead of fixed list....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Its amazing to see all these muppets complaining about PCT that its ruining the classic experience and that blizz is greedy etc.

Did yall forget that they had PCT in vanilla? They added it before TBC.

Doesnt matter what blizz does. People will still bitch and moan about it

I really wish Blizzard made the free transfers FACTION based rather than whole server. It would have prevented the under-represented faction from scurrying away to a "safer" server which in turn made the imbalance even worse.

Some servers now have a faction that has "won".

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    There really is no right answer for Blizzard here.

They could have had a much smaller population cap per server, but that would require them to have many more servers that would ultimately end up as dead wastelands. At that point Blizzard either merges servers together (#NoChanges anyone?) or opens (potentially free) transfers.

The other option, which they went with, is big server population caps and less servers than the option above. But that just allowed idiots to follow a streamer to a server for the memes. A great majority of those that followed a streamer quit because the game isn't for them and they didn't care about the game. Just being able to be seen on a Twitch stream saying some idiotic meme/statement.

Now streamers aren't to blame for all the server imbalance, most of it is just random people choosing one faction over the other in much greater numbers for their own reasons. Nothing you can really do about that.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Cant wait!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    "Allowed" lol. They gave everyone all the information they needed to make an informed decision.

Would you have preferred they forcibly moved your character to a different server?
    They never gave FACTION population information. So no, they didn't. If i had of known stalagg was 70% horde i probably wouldn't have rolled alliance here. The only reason we even kind of have that number is from census addons, which blizzard later broke because they didnt want information about how terrible the imbalance was out there i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    They never gave FACTION population information. So no, they didn't. If i had of known stalagg was 70% horde i probably wouldn't have rolled alliance here. The only reason we even kind of have that number is from census addons, which blizzard later broke because they didnt want information about how terrible the imbalance was out there i guess.
    And now you're gonna transfer off that server to a server that is alliance heavy?

Now you understand why they don't release that info.

Does it come with the 6 month cooldown it had in vanilla?

Edit: should have read the first post properly

Quote Originally Posted by Daldain View Post
    I really wish Blizzard made the free transfers FACTION based rather than whole server. It would have prevented the under-represented faction from scurrying away to a "safer" server which in turn made the imbalance even worse.

Classic is gonna be copy pasta of retail where pvp servers / "warmode" was 90% horde and alliance only had a majority of RP-PVE server, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daldain View Post

I don't think that would have solved anything, as due to the nature of most players the players of the "winning" factions will not use the free character moves because they generally don't gain anything with it. Which is exactly what you have seen happen now. Locking the "losing faction" to a server isn't really consumer friendly also, they generally didn't choose to be the underdog faction.

What Blizzard should have done is put in weighted (by level bracket, for example 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39,40-49, 50-59 and 60) faction specific queue's so that on a given server there cannot be a population imbalance, for example if there are 1000 lvl 60 alliance logged in on a server, there can also only be 1000 horde lvl 60's logged on at the same time, the 1001st horde to log in would get a queue until a horde logs off or a alliance player logs on.
    Last edited by chronia; 2019-12-17 at 07:54 PM.