Why "unfortunately"? If they add it and you don't like it, don't... roll one? Surely you haven't liked EVERY class that Blizz has added. Not all of them are gonna be to your taste, it's just how it works.
    "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    They all don't use mechs.
    WC3

HotS

WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    snip
    No, in the Island Expeditions. Only Gazlowe is in a mech. Skaggit and Lady Sena are not.

WoW
    hes obviously just going to farm some herbs dude

10+ Year Old Account
    No, in the Island Expeditions. Only Gazlowe is in a mech. Skaggit and Lady Sena are not.
    Yes, but the point is that the mech is an integral part of the class. Gazlowe is the most important NPC in that group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    hes obviously just going to farm some herbs dude
    Well actually in that particular case he was fighting demons during Legion.

Yes, but the point is that the mech is an integral part of the class. Gazlowe is the most important NPC in that group.
    But if we look at what a Ranger is, we could say that since Sylvanas and Nathanos are amongst the most important NPCs the ability to dual wield, go petless, and alternate between melee and ranged weapons is an integral part of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So changing my opinion into your opinion is somehow "fixing" it?
    Because your opinion is terrible, so yes, it was fixing it.

BRING ON THE TINKERS BABY!!!! yewwwwwwwww
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Ehhhh... I'd say it's more than a job, a lot of it goes into the "how". In LotR, there are two orders of Rangers, the Rangers of the North and the Rangers of Ithilien, which were only vaguely connected, but still functioned as protectors in a very similar way. But also, you would have say the armies of Gondor, which fulfilled a similar role as a group protecting the peoples from the armies of Mordor.

The Rangers were functionally different though. Their abilities, such as communicating with beasts, keen senses and unparalleled tracking took on something of a "supernatural" edge. It was more than a job, it was a way of life.
    then again people did not like survival in legion complain for good reason same thing happen in bfa for good reason
    players are not huge fan of doing a outlaw rouge change to 1 spec on hunter even blizzard idmits they went to far
    and as i said there are time classes lose identity when it is forced to be simlair to something else
    as i said befor the are races as hunter dont support the idea of Ranger in hunter

then again if survival were to go more closer back in root like using duel wield weapon and ranged weapon like vanilla, tbc, wotlk and cata
    and survival nature/poison, oil and fire is more immersive as attacks

people rather want ranger to be its own thing but they only see 1 spec possible on it and as i said befor i think blizzard should release sub classes with 1 spec
    with all the allied race we have now that is gona work fine

and funny enof outlaw culd perfectly go to becom a pirat class and start with 1 spec or maby 2 if we take most of the survival stuff over and change the poison stuff nature stuff the harpoon and bomb wuld go well with pirat and spear
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-21 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Is there anyone who doesn’t want a tinker class still? Why are people so against this. It sounds like a cool and fitting concept.
    I will play it to try it out, if gameplay is good i will continue playing it. I don't find it particularily interesting in the theme, nor am I fond of gnomes. Both gnomes and engineering and goblins have always been treated as a side joke, which is good as a side story. Making it into a focus point is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    dont forget it be based around the ingame rock band tho
    I don't know about that. What I do know, is that Bard, as a class, could at least have a unique style of attacking if handled right. That the abilities you use have to be in order, and deal more damage when performed perfectly. It would have to be balanced to not be too tedious or confusing, and wouldn't necessarily be random (set combinations do different effects). But the idea of buffing and supporting a group would be rough outside of healing.

If we're comparing Bard to Tinker, I'm fully against it. If we're comparing bard to other classes in WoW with rich lore backgrounds, such as Necromancer, I'm still probably somewhat against it. But standing on its own, I'm not against bard, if they pull a MoP and add a ton of new lore to justify its existence--and design the class well.

That's my main issue, really. "Omg let's do bard instead of [other class]." Make it so it's not a competition and you'll get more interest. But a large part of the problem is the OP making a negative thread about a new class to begin with, so I guess it's inevitable.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the lack of Lore is the bigger challenge. Mechanics are one thing that can be developed and implemented without needing much in the way of background, but lore is hard to add enough of to make it be a logical experience within the same expansion.

Monks were about as close to an asspull that Blizzard has done, and even that had *some* background already established. Centering an entire expansion around a theme, location and culture that supported the class was needed to make it work even then. They would likely have to do something similar with a Bard otherwise it will just seem incredibly out of place. I could see something like introducing Bards in a Dragon Isles themed expansion, where this order of musicians and storytellers are discovered that use a new type of magic that was developed due to their proximity to dragons and their legends. It would be an asspull, but a doable one.

Adding music to the game as a social component would definitely be a nice tie-in though. I loved the introduction of story and song they did with MoP and would love to see each race get a bit of that treatment.
    Yeah, I mean I'd argue that Monk was just a really good fit for the expansion. Rather than the expansion had been made for Monk, I'd argue that the expansion idea had been made, and with a small adjustment monk was easily doable. Though, who knows besides Blizzard for sure?

Ultimately though, I agree on basically all of this. And I certainly agree that adding music as a social component would be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I don't know about that. What I do know, is that Bard, as a class, could at least have a unique style of attacking if handled right. That the abilities you use have to be in order, and deal more damage when performed perfectly. It would have to be balanced to not be too tedious or confusing, and wouldn't necessarily be random (set combinations do different effects). But the idea of buffing and supporting a group would be rough outside of healing.

If we're comparing Bard to Tinker, I'm fully against it. If we're comparing bard to other classes in WoW with rich lore backgrounds, such as Necromancer, I'm still probably somewhat against it. But standing on its own, I'm not against bard, if they pull a MoP and add a ton of new lore to justify its existence--and design the class well.

That's my main issue, really. "Omg let's do bard instead of [other class]." Make it so it's not a competition and you'll get more interest. But a large part of the problem is the OP making a negative thread about a new class to begin with, so I guess it's inevitable.
    reason i said it be based around a rock band is becus E.T.C that is made on hots
    another reason is the blizzard music videos
    and another reason is this
    so yes it be ppretty much rock guitars

reason i said it be based around a rock band is becus E.T.C that is made on hots
    and another reason is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOFKP7jPoU
    That works pretty well for HotS because they don't have to justify things with lore, but none of the members of ETC are bards in a combat sense. Also, ETC is full on meme status, so I definitely don't see that as a basis for a class.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    That works pretty well for HotS because they don't have to justify things with lore, but none of the members of ETC are bards in a combat sense. Also, ETC is full on meme status, so I definitely don't see that as a basis for a class.
    y i know bard needs lore for it and we already know blizzard have not added much for it + it kunda wuld be wierd if there was a expansion based on music alone but then again if tinker/machinist comes maby they make instruments with sonic sound effect attack etc but cant see much of it happan yet tho

and no i am not saying its gona be a spec to machinist/tinker
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-21 at 09:26 AM.

y i know bard needs lore for it and we already know blizzard have not added much for it + it kunda wuld be wierd if there was a expansion based on music alone but then again if tinker/machinist comes maby they make instruments with sonic sound effect attack etc but cant see much of it happan yet tho

and no i am not saying its gona be a spec to machinist/tinker
    I'm not saying a bard class is impossible, for the record. I'm saying that it wouldn't be based on something like ETC. Tech isn't used to create music in Warcraft in general. There is a lot of singing, though. I could imagine some dreamy singer class casting spells to damage/sleep/mind control/heal etc, but black metal tauren as a legitimate class is just too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    I'm not saying a bard class is impossible, for the record. I'm saying that it wouldn't be based on something like ETC. Tech isn't used to create music in Warcraft in general. There is a lot of singing, though. I could imagine some dreamy singer class casting spells to damage/sleep/mind control/heal etc, but black metal tauren as a legitimate class is just too much imo.
    i am saying the rock guitar thing is what it gona be based on dont know abut singing probly wuld happen anyways
    and if engineering were to make a like a special guitar wich makes you attack with sound wave with the guitar that wuld be a intresting spec thing if you catch my drift here

10+ Year Old Account
    But if we look at what a Ranger is, we could say that since Sylvanas and Nathanos are amongst the most important NPCs the ability to dual wield, go petless, and alternate between melee and ranged weapons is an integral part of the class.
    Yeah, but Hunters can go petless, and Survival can alternate between melee and ranged. The only thing missing is dual wielding.

Also Subtley Rogues click all of those boxes, and even have the shadow theme.

and another reason is this
    They are literally easter eggs that are not meant to be taken seriously in lore, lol. These character break down the fourth wall because B;ozzard thought the music is badass. Maybe it is, but this an extremely weak foundation for bard class.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    They are literally easter eggs that are not meant to be taken seriously in lore, lol. These character break down the fourth wall because B;ozzard thought the music is badass. Maybe it is, but this an extremely weak foundation for bard class.
    we know we need more lore as i said again + i think enigneering lore can help guitar as weapon to add sonic sound wave based attack
    and does not meen i am wrong that becus wow is heavly based horde around metal rock that i am wrong that the rock guitar thing wont happen it wuld fit the theme of universe more

we know we need more lore as i said again + i think enigneering lore can help guitar as weapon to add sonic sound wave based attack
    and does not meen i am wrong that becus wow is heavly based horde around metal rock that i am wrong that the rock guitar thing wont happen it wuld fit the theme of universe more
    There are other easter eggs like dances, NPC voice lines, etc. The actual in-game music is stuff like Lament of the Highborne, though. If they start making classes based on modern music or pop culture, people will be very upset. It undermines the feel of the Warcraft universe. If a bard spell or talent makes a reference to ETC, I won't be remotely surprised, but if I see this dude killing raid bosses with power slides, I'll have to assume that Blizzard has given up on creating an immersive game world.