Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Just have patience and wait to see what Blizzard has in store.
    If only the vocal portion of this game's community were actually capable of this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I only see it as a "sadly" if it's restricted to the short races.

I don't play short races. I don't want to play short races. I also can't stand it when any class is restricted, even DHs bug me. Just give us a completely designed class with no corner-cutting or don't put it in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Tinkers are like the only original class idea left, everything else already exists in something else. Deal with it
    We already have engineering though, so it's not an original class idea. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    No more classes unless you delete 3 first.
    I think they could actually release more classes but cut out a lot of "spec" identity for class identity which would open a lot of doors.

Right now we are fury, ret, balance, holy, disc, etc.

I'd prefer to see just one or two abilities that would make a spec a spec with the rest of the abilities shared over a class. Like furious slash for fury could easily just be changed to slam. Execute also should come back to protection and so on.

Then for additional fun bring back racial abilities that make what you decide to play as really important thematically. Sure there would be those that say "well you screwed up because you rolled a Nelf priest for starshards instead of a dwarf!" but you can still have an ability that's either direct or utility that's important without being over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Tinkers really are the best choice for a new hero. I'm hopeful.
    It wouldn't be a hero class

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It wouldn't be a hero class
    I'm not for or against Tinkers specifically...but any class can be a hero class. All it really means is they don't start at level 1.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Why would vulpera be tinkers over any of the other races that actually have technology?

Vulpera are desert nomads who have llama-pulled wagons.

Draenei built a spaceship and robots. Dwarves build steam tanks. Mag'har orcs build a lot of explodey stuff. Forsaken have meat wagons and shit. Nightborne have robot cat things.

What have vulpera built that's more than these other races?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    We already have engineering though, so it's not an original class idea. :P
    It's like every thread about Tinkers comes a guy like you who never used the dictionary to find out engineering and tinkering aren't the same thing. Getting reaaaally old. Come up with new material pls.

It's possible, we need a ranged dps, a healer and a mail wearer, tinkerer seems like it could fit all three of those.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If the next expansion is primarily dragons, I can see a Dragonkin class instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera? Tinkers?

They're nomads with no technology whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's like every thread about Tinkers comes a guy like you who never used the dictionary to find out engineering and tinkering aren't the same thing. Getting reaaaally old. Come up with new material pls.
    I've used a dictionary many times, actually.
    Tinkering and engineering are similar enough. Also, the person I quoted said a tinker would be an original idea. We already have engineering, which is 'close enough' that it's not an original idea.
    But, a tinker class would be stupid anyway.

I'd be much more interested in a separate class for Horde and Alliance.

Alliance Warden / Horde Dark Ranger?

Give them the same abilities with different appearances and themes.

going by that logic.... using merriam webster.

Definition of tinker

(Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb
    : to work in the manner of a tinker especially : to repair, adjust, or work with something in an unskilled or experimental manner : fiddle

always tinkering with his car

transitive verb
    : to repair, adjust, or experiment with

tinker noun
    plural tinkers

Definition of tinker (Entry 2 of 2)
    1a : a usually itinerant mender of household utensils
    b : an unskillful mender : bungler
    2 chiefly Irish, sometimes offensive : romany sense 1

not going by that logic...

you want a class - tinkers, that tinkers around to create makeshift bombs to throw at enemies.

engineers engineer bombs to throw at enemies.

you want tinkers to tinker around to create useful items, such as death rays, rocket belt, etc.

engineers engineer useful items, such as death rays, rocket belt, etc.

you want tinkers to tinker around to create explosive chickens and sheep and such to use on your enemies. but this is just more explosives, so... bombs.

engineers engineer explosive chickens and sheep and such to use on your enemies. but this is just more explosives, so... bombs.

you want tinkers to tinker around to create... honestly i dont really know what. do you want to be high tinker mekkatorque? do you want mounted/flying combat? honestly that would never happen, so that part just kind of goes out the window.

engineers engineer mounts you can use in a realistic way, out of combat, for both ground and air.

im really not seeing much of a difference, unless you actually want the definition of tinkers that you were referring to earlier. i do have a spoon that had acid left in it for a while. it could use a refinish, would be much appreciated. or maybe you want to try to do a poor job fixing an already created bomb that isnt quite working properly?

It's like every thread about Tinkers comes a guy like you who never used the dictionary to find out what tinkers are. Getting reaaaally old. Come up with new material pls.

now i like engineers just as much as the next guy, but engineers are already in the game. in order for tinker to exist in a proper way, engineering would have to not exist. you know.... unless you actually want just kind of fiddle with a bomb and hope it works while youre in combat, seeing as how youre rather unskilled. or maybe to mend a knife to throw at an enemy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Don't need another healer. There are only 4 healing spots in a mythic raid and with the amount of min maxing most raids do, you're just asking people to level alts so that they can play the good healer every tier.
    It's not about min/maxing it's about fun new things. We have 6 tanks for 2 slots, bit whoop, another healer won't kill anyone. Not everything in the damn game needs to be about the 1% of the 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Remember, Tinkerer is the epitome of bad class choice for the next expansion. Shadowlands is appearing most likely right now.

Wrath - Theme was Undead. Death Knights are new class.
    Mists - Theme was Panda. Monks were of that theme ("elevation").
    Legion - Demons were king. Demon Hunters were matching that theme.

Assuming the next expansion is shadowlands (or related to dark/shadow), how would someone possibly connect Tinkerer to that theme? Unless we have some mechanically-themed expansion, I highly doubt we should get Tinkerer. And that's completely putting aside the facts that all ideas of Tinkerer have been astronomically flawed and have no basis for them. If we're throwing random ideas out there, I'd much prefer Bard as I think it would be hella fun to play, but again, that doesn't match any kind of theme we're approaching.

There is the chance Blizzard goes off-theme, but that would definitely be unexpected.

As much as tinkers could be fun, I’m glad that someone pointed out the glaringly obvious if it is a shadow/void expansion as highly expected...

Thematically with where the game is right now, tinkers don’t fit - and 1 or 2 allied races does not a new tinker class guarantee.

How on earth would wardens be better? Wardens are rogues.

Anyways i am not convinced. It was definitly a positive step cause even the shadowlands leak map is now proven false. The complete shadowlands thing was a complete hoax.
    So, Sylvanas is still out there and dark rangers could still be a thing, but without the shadowlands backdrop it becomes less likely.

So, if the next xpac ends up being something like a world revamp, Tinkers could easily fit. Fingers crossed. After the alliance was shafted again with allied races (how are sethrak not the counterpart to vulpera?), Tinker class is a requirement if they want me to come back.
    How would tinker fit a void themed expansion such as shadowlands. It makes as much sense as fire in a vacuum.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    How would tinker fit a void themed expansion such as shadowlands. It makes as much sense as fire in a vacuum.
    Shadowlands would be Death themed. Heck it's a common theory even with Dragon Isles that it would be "Dragons... and Death."

Honestly if you want free cred just predict a death-based class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Shadowlands would be Death themed. Heck it's a common theory even with Dragon Isles that it would be "Dragons... and Death."

Honestly if you want free cred just predict a death-based class.
    Well, actually it’s both. But as it stands now, we don’t even know the next expansion. Either way, tinker make absolutely no sense for the expansion.

like the class concept,but pls for the love of c'thun,don't limit it to the midget races only