10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

There's a decently strong case to be made for Draenei crystal tech tinkers as well. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I could see how it would be somewhat plausible.
    Well the lightforged have mechs, so it's definitely possible. Magyar Orcs are possible as well due to their connection to the Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    The next class will be Necromancer or Dark Ranger. So far, darker themed classes have proven to be more popular than brighter and lighthearted new classes, look at Monk vs DK and DH and they relate to the death and lichking theme we will very likely see with the next expansion.
    I just had a thought....

You know how Blizzard likes to almost treat eaxh spec as if it's a unique class, with abilities and such that are only available while that spec is active?

What if Blizzard decided to make a death-themed class that incorporates aspects of necromancers, dark rangers, and something else? The ranged spec would be Datk Ranger, the heal spec necromancer(because evil aspects don't jive well with hero fantasy),and maybe a tank spec being the third theme.

I don't knowm seems like a mishmash, but given how Demon Hunters are also a conglomeration of several odd themes, it could be possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well the lightforged have mechs, so it's definitely possible. Magyar Orcs are possible as well due to their connection to the Iron Horde.
    Did the Iron horde make mechs themselves, or did they just steal and retrofit draenei ones? I know there were iron horde shredders, but that falls under goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing Hunters conflated with Tinker and Engineer. Hunters are supposed to be practical, based off hunting, archery, and survival. Tinkers are based off the obvious WC3 hero unit, while Engineers make items but don't get to use them except once in a blue moon (with no chance in hell for this profession replacing an entire gameplay style or being more than just supplementary in combat).

10+ Year Old Account

Did the Iron horde make mechs themselves, or did they just steal and retrofit draenei ones? I know there were iron horde shredders, but that falls under goblins.
    I'm pretty sure the Orcs built the Iron Reaver (though it was designed by Blackfuse). An Orc definitely piloted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    you do know in warcraft 3 logic all hero are multi class right he is a warrior, monk and mage

tyrande proved this pretty well aswell
    No. You're making stuff up to fit your narrative. There is no "multiclassing" in Warcraft 3, because classes did not exist in Warcraft 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly I believe that the Tinker class will be popular regardless.
    You believed demon hunters wouldn't happen, too, so....

Void Elves are the antithesis of a Paladin.

However, a clever, quick witted, and resourceful race could have a mechanical genius in their ranks under the right circumstances.
    You're moving the goalposts. Your original reasoning was: "they share the goblin skeleton":
    Well that, and the fact that they use the Goblin skeleton.
    And now, when you're confronted with the absurdity of your argument, you move the goalposts in an attempt to save face.

And no, the vulpera are not a tinker race. They're far from it. Only the tauren are less technologically inclined than those foxes. Humans and blood elves are quick-witted too, but I don't see you adding them to the list.

I'm pretty sure the Orcs built the Iron Reaver (though it was designed by Blackfuse). An Orc definitely piloted it.
    Hmm....if it was designed by Blackfuse, I'd say that still falls under goblins as far as playable races for the class. To me it would be no different than any person jumping in a vehicle such as a demolisher. Whereas to embody the class you'd need to have additional skills on top of just piloting.

That's probably just semantics though, and would take a back seat to additional races if Blizzard felt the class needed better accessibility or representation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And no, the vulpera are not a tinker race. They're far from it. Only the tauren are less technologically inclined than those foxes. Humans and blood elves are quick-witted too, but I don't see you adding them to the list.
    I have to agree with this. As cute and funny Vulpera are, there's nothing about them to suggest technical inclination. The only tangential evidence is the goblin model skeleton, which is such a thin argument as to not really be valid.

As my above convo with Teriz, I think we're far more likely to see Mag'har orcs as tinkers than Vulpera.

Shadow Priest, Warlock, Rogue, and soon Death Knights.

What's the problem?
    Only one spec out of 12 has anything Void related, and it happens to be the Holy Healer. Not very Void Elf at all.

Wheres the Void class?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Only one spec out of 12 has anything Void related, and it happens to be the Holy Healer. Not very Void Elf at all.

Wheres the Void class?
    Warlocks wield Void magic. Just because one of their specs isn't called Shadow or whatever doesn't meant they don't use Shadow magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're moving the goalposts. Your original reasoning was: "they share the goblin skeleton":

And now, when you're confronted with the absurdity of your argument, you move the goalposts in an attempt to save face.

Blood Elves revolve around magic, technology is a different focus. As for humans, they are pretty average in intelligence. Adaptable, but not inventive. They learned magic from the elves, and they leave technology to the gnomes and the dwarves.

Vulpera, on the other hand, have a racial description that almost exclusively talks about how intelligent they are, that they are able to “turn what they find in lot opportunities to thrive”, and the fact that they have just been freed from slavery. We have definitely not seen the limit of their potential.

The fact that they share the goblin skeleton and that they have a similar appearance to characters from Wildstar, Starfox, Ratchet & Clank, etc. makes it a familiar archetype as well.

I can't wait to play a Tinker.

Also I love the arrogance of so many people in this thread. It boils down to: "Well, if I don't like something, no one does, because the world revolves around meeeeeeeeeee! My mommy told me soooo!!!"

So fucking embarrassing for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Warlocks wield Void magic. Just because one of their specs isn't called Shadow or whatever doesn't meant they don't use Shadow magic.
    Actually Affliction is a shadow based spec;

Affliction
    A master of shadow magic who specializes in drains and damage-over-time spells. Preferred Weapon: Staff, Wand, Dagger, Sword
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...nt-calculator#

They can also control Void Walkers, so I have idea why @Triceron is complaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia;51721531

And no, the vulpera are [B
    not[/B] a tinker race. They're far from it. Only the tauren are less technologically inclined than those foxes. Humans and blood elves are quick-witted too, but I don't see you adding them to the list.
    So on one hand you say that Tinkers won't be popular and on another you say that Blizzard wouldn't allow a small race (that uses the Goblin skeleton )to be a tinker and help with any popularity issues? You do understand that Blizzard can do whatever they want, and has retconned lore before right?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    which at first I wouldnt have minded but now because of these few hardcore fans I kinda hope they don't happen.
    It's funny how many of us are thinking this way by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As my above convo with Teriz, I think we're far more likely to see Mag'har orcs as tinkers than Vulpera.
    I dont. I dont think it was a coincidence that Blizzard chose a cute, Fox-like race to be the Goblin AR. As someone else mentioned, Fox people and tech is a pretty common trope in gaming. You see it in Star Fox, Rachet and Clank, The Sonic series, and in Wildstar. The last of which Blizzard hired developers from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    It's funny how many of us are thinking this way by now.
    It's really funny how you guys keep posting in a Tinker thread telling us how much you don't like them. We get it, you want another shadow-based class in a game with multiple shadow classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    "a tinker thread" doesnt mean your personal discord server where you circlejerk
    They're free to talk about why Shadow class 65437 would be a better option, if they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    "they" can talk anything and respond to anyone in a forum, madlad. Including your disillusions. Maybe you should look up the word forum
    Except they're not doing that. They're sitting in the background complaining about how Tinker fans are mean to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I can't wait to play a Tinker.

Also I love the arrogance of so many people in this thread. It boils down to: "Well, if I don't like something, no one does, because the world revolves around meeeeeeeeeee! My mommy told me soooo!!!"

So fucking embarrassing for them.
    Same goes the other way. Quite high of you to assume everyone likes them, no?
    Most topics in WoW are split 50/50 if you look at big poles.

Just because you LOVE the idea of tinkers does not diminish the dislike of the other group.

I, for once, know more poeple who dislike tinkers immensly as people who like the idea.

It's really funny how you guys keep posting in a Tinker thread telling us how much you don't like them. We get it, you want another shadow-based class in a game with multiple shadow classes.
    Yes I don't want WoW to get a Wildstar class instead of a relevant "Shadow" class.

However, this time I didn't even argue about one or the other. I simply pointed out the attitude, which is the reason I'm discouraged from debating with the vocal Tinker minority of 2-3 people who are producing toxic one-sided discussions.

If in doubt of my point, try looking back at everything you said and how you are either in denial or pulling strawmans at everything they throw at you. Not to mention your lack of awareness of mechanics like Old vs New Shadowpriest or the fact that you throw personalized comments like claiming that I wouldn't be happy with a new Shadow class announced without you having any hint for saying it.

Don't bother to quote me by the way. I know it will end up circular as always and I'm not up for it. Just felt like saying this here too in case it wasn't clear by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Same goes the other way. Quite high of you to assume everyone likes them, no?
    Most topics in WoW are split 50/50 if you look at big poles.

Just because you LOVE the idea of tinkers does not diminish the dislike of the other group.

I, for once, know more poeple who dislike tinkers immensly as people who like the idea.
    You mean like this big poll?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...W-class-in-9-0

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope they adressing your strawmans alright
    What strawmans?

Excuse you, I want dragonsworn. :P

And I agree with the others that I feel like vulpera don't fit thematically as of right now, but if Tinker does become a thing and Gnomes and Mecha-Gnomes have access to Tinker, but only Goblins have access to Tinker... Well, it would be a shitshow. So vulpera are probably the next best option.