10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Demon Hunters were considered for TBC;

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    It makes as much sense arguing for Tinkers with Ielenia than it makes sense to argue against Tinkers with Teriz.

Not very worthwhile for both sides.

I just hope cuz of your bitter hatred against poor Tinkers that you neither get Necromancer or Bard even if I dont get Tinkers, muhahahahah.
    Dude Ielenia's the dude who says that Tinkers weren't canon because although in the game they weren't in the WC3 campaign but says that Alchemists were canon just because potions existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I didn't hate Tinkers at first but thanks to you and Teriz I despise them and "IF" they get made the next class I will make it my goal to corpse camp every single one of them in warmode and make their lives a living hell.
    If you play europe I wont mind a faceoff.

Edit: I HAVE BECOME A MECHAGNOME BY TITLE! Now, all I need is two more weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As long as we agree there's no evidence whatsoever they were planned for TBC...
    Fair enough, here's your source: https://heavy.com/games/2016/08/worl...zard-gamescom/

Then why didn't necromancers were added in Wrath instead of the death knight? I don't think anyone ever asked for "death knights", but there was a clamor, however small, for necromancers.
    As always, the rule of cool comes in. Death knights are all about the Arthas fantasy, and Arthas was extremely popular from WC3. Getting Frostmourne and playing as a death knight was absolutely requested. So, so much.

Why do those have to "lead somewhere"? Mechagon's story was one and done. Its arc began and ended in the same patch. "Our allies using tech" is also nothing new. If you want, I can give you a long, long list of instance of our allies using technology in combat throughout almost every expansion, if not every single one of them.
    The game doesn't present things just to tell stories. At minimum, Mechagon was a way to introduce mechagnomes and give background about Titan technology. Just as Aszuna prepared us for Azshara, and Drustvar gives us hints about the nature of Death, these things are rarely given much attention without ulterior motives. Our allies using tech is nothing new, but as I said, it's never been featured in this way. If it was a one-off like Mogu island expeditions or a single dungeon, sure, maybe they just think it's cool. On the other hand, if they think something is so cool that they give it that much attention in a single expansion, do you really think they'd be worried that the themes don't match?

I'm not sure it can work this way. Did you play the recruitment scenario for the Mag'har? The orcs of Draenor have been greatly diminished, and they don't have much technology left. We destroyed their foundries too, remember?

Iron Horde technology is just goblin technology. And, again, the simplest explanation is just: "they thought it'd be fun." Technology has been developed throughout every single expansion. BfA is no different.
    All of this is false. The Blackfuse Company stole Titan technology to use it for the True Horde, and Garrosh brought it with him, where it was developed by the Blackrock for some 20 years before we arrived, and used for 30 years after. At the end of the Mag'har scenario, they arrive with Gronn mounted with Iron Horde cannons - that tech is still very much in use, and specifically by the Blackrock. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blackfuse_Company
    Last edited by protip; 2019-10-16 at 04:57 PM.

I didn't hate Tinkers at first but thanks to you and Teriz I despise them and "IF" they get made the next class I will make it my goal to corpse camp every single one of them in warmode and make their lives a living hell.
    Huh... and i guess they will do the same to Dark Rangers? You have made multiple hateful posts now. Maybe it's time to go cool down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This fact is so sad, but true. So much support for something so uninteresting (at least for me and many others) that if it comes to pass, everyone who wished for something else will just have to deal with it for another 4 years at minimum.
    True enough but that can generally be said about any class added to the game. I never much cared for either monks or demon hunters. It never really bothered me that others liked them. Obviously not everyone is going to like everything. I'm very wary of making generalizations based on what I read in forums, especially this one. You can generate tons of hate for anything and everything here.

Whether or not the class will be interesting will be dependent on how it's set up and what it does. For me, swinging swords or casting spells all is pretty much the same no matter how you dress it up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's more than that;

Mekkatorque piloting a mech
    Gazlowe piloting a mech
    Gob Squad piloting a mech
    Gallywix piloting a mech
    Mekkatorque being a boss
    Mechagon
    Island Expedition Teams
    HotS Tinker abilities enter WoW
    Mechagnomes AR
    Gazlowe becomes Goblin leader
    All patch content material

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Alright, fair enough.

The game doesn't present things just to tell stories. At minimum, Mechagon was a way to introduce mechagnomes and give background about Titan technology. Just as Aszuna prepared us for Azshara, and Drustvar gives us hints about the nature of Death, these things are rarely given much attention without ulterior motives. Our allies using tech is nothing new, but as I said, it's never been featured in this way. If it was a one-off like Mogu island expeditions or a single dungeon, sure, maybe they just think it's cool.
    Mechagon added zero Titan lore, and by this logic, Mechagon already served its purpose: to introduce the mechagnomes. Which, off-topic, is ten times more than void elves got). Drustvar was mostly to explain the Kul'Tiran "druid-ness", what with them being the "death" side of the druid coin, since the Cenarion circle is about life.

On the other hand, if they think something is so cool that they give it that much attention in a single expansion, do you really think they'd be worried that the themes don't match?
    Yes, I do. Because, again, cohesiveness seems to be a strong theme in the expansions regarding the overall expansion's story theme and the class/races they add.

All of this is false. The Blackfuse Company stole Titan technology to use it for the True Horde,
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse's greatest achievement, regarding Titan technology, that we know of, was jury-rigging an existing titan device to a goblin console to activate it. It's not really that different from Brann Bronzebeard "hacking" the Titan consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    True enough but that can generally be said about any class added to the game. I never much cared for either monks or demon hunters. It never really bothered me that others liked them. Obviously not everyone is going to like everything. I'm very wary of making generalizations based on what I read in forums, especially this one. You can generate tons of hate for anything and everything here.

Whether or not the class will be interesting will be dependent on how it's set up and what it does. For me, swinging swords or casting spells all is pretty much the same no matter how you dress it up.
    It's always funny how people like that say that it's "uninteresting for them and many others" then you check like any poll on what people want to see as the new class and Tinker normally gets around twice as many votes as the 2nd place option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    All patch content material
    That content spreads over multiple patches.

That content spreads over multiple patches.
    And remains patch-worthy material.

Big question is if they can market it into a full expansion.

Maybe they'll do it like Mechagnomes and give Tinkers OP talents so people would have more reason to roll one.

10+ Year Old Account

Big question is if they can market it into a full expansion.
    If they so desire. Considering how deep the technology theme and history is in WoW it shouldn't be that difficult.

If they so desire. Considering how deep the technology theme and history is in WoW it shouldn't be that difficult.
    To market? I disagree, I think it would be very difficult to ship a Gnome/Goblin-centric tech theme for an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Mechagon added zero Titan lore, and by this logic, Mechagon already served its purpose: to introduce the mechagnomes. Which, off-topic, is ten times more than void elves got). Drustvar was mostly to explain the Kul'Tiran "druid-ness", what with them being the "death" side of the druid coin, since the Cenarion circle is about life.
    I would (and have) argued that Mechagon also serves to give context about tech based combat. It's true it has other purposes, so let's say that's not implicit. As for Drustvar, it's true that it serves to explain the Kul'tiran relationship with druidism, but in the context of all of the foreshadowing about death, the cohesive message is that it's not a coincidence. The same message comes through with all of the focus on technology and tinker heroes.

Yes, I do. Because, again, cohesiveness seems to be a strong theme in the expansions regarding the overall expansion's story theme and the class/races they add.
    That's a perfectly reasonable opinion. Obviously I feel the evidence is against you, but I won't tell you that you're wrong.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse's greatest achievement, regarding Titan technology, that we know of, was jury-rigging an existing titan device to a goblin console to activate it. It's not really that different from Brann Bronzebeard "hacking" the Titan consoles.
    Okay, but the Blackfuse Company designed artillery, guns, iron stars, and other technology that was never available to friendly goblins. They are distinct technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What about Mechagon, or Gnomeregan, Mechanar, Arcatraz, Grimrail Depot, THE MOTHERLODE or any other dungeon that is already filled with enemies and traps and mechanics that use technology instead of magic and swrods?

The entirety of the WoD expansion based on the Iron Horde using "advanced" technology?

What about all the quests that use tanks, mech suits, airships, planes, motorcycles, and other high tech "vehicles" to complete the objective?

You seem to be ignoring ALL of that and saying it's not bad, but somehow seeing a player character using it in a dungeon is all of a sudden over the top and crossing some line, when you see it ALL THE TIME.

Why would a class put it over the top vs everything else that's already in the game?
    All the things you mentioned were filling the cup. Freaking tinkers would be the last drop. Seeing a guy named john rambo wielding something that resembles a rifle or rocket launcher... Yeah, I wont be a part of that. All the things ppl usually whine about (class balance, raid difficulty, gear..) are fine with me. This would not be. Not that it matters, I understand there are ppl who will enjoy it. It would destroy wow for me though.

The thing is in polls and forums there's a minority compared to in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. I don't understand how people think the least played races currently ingame would help sell an expansion.
    Yeah, but you still get a good look at the grouping because you get a portion from the pool. It's like when people poll in real life. They don't do the entire population, but random members. The thing is that ANYONE can be on this forum so you get a good representation, unlike real life polls where you can get differing factors based on where you do the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    To market? I disagree, I think it would be very difficult to ship a Gnome/Goblin-centric tech theme for an expansion.
    Only to man-children and edgelords who derive their sense of worth by being cool in a video game. The majority of WoW players would welcome an expansion that handles a different theme than what we're used to. MoP for example is fondly remembered because it gave us a break from dealing with massive world ending threats. Considering that we just killed a fully freed old God, it might be time for another expansion "vacation".

This has nothing to do with previous debates or gameplay/technical stuff, but this video explains my lore "need" as to why Sylvanas' new powers need to be fleshed out in a new class:

Very long, watch if in the mood and have enough time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only to man-children and edgelords who derive their sense of worth by being cool in a video game. The majority of WoW players would welcome an expansion that handles a different theme than what we're used to. MoP for example is fondly remembered because it gave us a break from dealing with massive world ending threats. Considering that we just killed a fully freed old God, it might be time for another expansion "vacation".
    Are you seriously insulting people for not liking tech/gnome/goblin themed stuff*? You should take a break from the forums, friend. This is getting out of hand. And it's coming from someone that loves cyberpunk and steampunk.

Do you truly believe the words you say though. How likely would you say this even is?

And you don't think this "vacation" would be difficult to market? Be honest here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    Are you seriously insulting people for not liking tech/gnome/goblin themed stuff*? You should take a break from the forums, friend. This is getting out of hand. And it's coming from someone that loves cyberpunk and steampunk.
    That's the thing too. I don't even have a problem with technology/gnome/goblin stuff, so he's not even insulting me. He's just taking a shit on everyone who likes the current Void/Death themes that seem to be leading into the next expansion.