Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    It's actually shockingly few outside of like, the large-scale battle at Lordaeron where they really weren't much more than mindless zombies. Like, as soon as she forcibly raised one and then attempted to strip them of their will we had an entire questline with Baine saying "Nah, that's bullshit, you can't take that away".

Great, how? Once again, Dark Rangers are part of Sylvanas elite guard so they're quite loyal to her. So you'd pretty much be needing to raise new people. Then these people somehow be trained as Dark Rangers (which is usually by being taught by another Dark Ranger who once again are loyal to Sylvanas) then they'd need to (for the Alliance) have some reason as to why they wish to abandon the Undead and go back to the Alliance.
    There's text about Calia Menethil helping the NEs raised (Dark Rangers, btw) cope with undeath in the wake of Sylvanas' departure. Not too hard to see that working considering NE rangers should be FAR more proficient at being rangers than Nathanos is. 10k years vs. an average human lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They are not all elite though, Nathanos trained a fuckload of new Rangers, he even says it in game. They already created the opportnity to have Rangers that defect from Sylvanas.

There is no reason to be against it, we need another pure DPS, we have not had one since Classic. Not every class has to be able to do everything.

Also I am not against Tinker it just does not fit thematically to where the story is clearly headed and Blizzard always creates them based on expansion Theme.
    we are saying the lore dont support dark ranger for alliance right now we are not saying we are against it
    we even got the new lore that revive night elves feels abandoned by elune and joins the horde

its probly a class that will come later but right now lore is on agenst it and a ? with the new lich king thing

tinker more possible since there is a big chance blizzard dont have a class to fit the theme of the next expansion wait 2 weeks to find out... if it is not delayed by the political thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So people hate the plot that revolves around Sylvanas, but that has nothing to do with Sylvanas?

Okay.

Which is why more players want Tinkers over Dark Rangers?
    You are absolutely fucking demented if you think Tinkers are more popular than Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    You are absolutely fucking demented if you think Tinkers are more popular than Sylvanas.
    Everyone knows including Blizzard that Sylvanas is the poster girl for WoW. Even if they have written her character pretty badly lately, they still use her as marketing front... for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    we are saying the lore dont support dark ranger for alliance right now we are not saying we are against it
    we even got the new lore that revive night elves feels abandoned by elune and joins the horde

its probly a class that will come later but right now lore is on agenst it and a ? with the new lich king thing

tinker more possible since there is a big chance blizzard dont have a class to fit the theme of the next expansion wait 2 weeks to find out... if it is not delayed by the political thing....
    The faction lines are blurred now though, you absolutely need to take that into consideration, we are getting a PvE counterpart to War Mode for cross faction play which I think will play into it.

Great, how? Once again, Dark Rangers are part of Sylvanas elite guard so they're quite loyal to her. So you'd pretty much be needing to raise new people. Then these people somehow be trained as Dark Rangers (which is usually by being taught by another Dark Ranger who once again are loyal to Sylvanas) then they'd need to (for the Alliance) have some reason as to why they wish to abandon the Undead and go back to the Alliance.
    Sylvanas literally just admitted to betraying the Horde and there was a scene with Lillian Voss and Calia where some of those raised by Sylvanas are feeling lost and betrayed.

It wouldn't be difficult to come up with a scenario where those who were previously loyal and dedicated to Sylvanas and Nathanos now feel betrayed or adrift based on her actions and wish to find their place again among their faction. Similar to Death Knights, where the story of how they came to be trained was revealed and then at the end of it they were forced to join find themselves within their corresponding faction as a result of their previous leader abandoning them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Everyone knows including Blizzard that Sylvanas is the poster girl for WoW. Even if they have written her character pretty badly lately, they still use her as marketing front... for a reason.
    Her and Jaina....they have some amazing....personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Oh I know. But Teriz insinuated that Tinkers are more popular than Dark Rangers because their concept is more popular than the character the rangers would probably be based off of.

The faction lines are blurred now though, you absolutely need to take that into consideration, we are getting a PvE counterpart to War Mode for cross faction play which I think will play into it.
    sry i can take it abit wrong u meen the extra ability from pvp exclusive?
    or do you meen that faction may be neutral with each other? if that is the case only see wow turning alliance vs horde as a sport competition with each other for it to still work.. to make each other a stronger faction just hope people dont twist it to football etc when i meen combat style sport bg is already kinda that

but then again tyrande is going the scary direction of how jaina used to be but she has better reason around it.. and greymane aswell who knows what happans there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas? No. The class based on her? Yes.

sry i can take it abit wrong u meen the extra ability from pvp exclusive?
    or do you meen that faction may be neutral with each other? if that is the case only see wow turning alliance vs horde as a sport competition with each other for it to still work.. to make each other a stronger faction just hope people dont twist it to football etc when i meen combat style sport bg is already kinda that

but then again tyrande is going the scary direction of how jaina used to be but she has better reason around it.. and greymane aswell who knows what happans there...
    I am saying, when 9.0 pre-patch goes live, we will have the ability to be in Unity Mode or War Mode, you will chose in a major city, one will allow you to do PvE content cross faction, the other is all out PvP war as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sylvanas? No. The class based on her? Yes.
    You know, being into toddlers with grandpa heads is weird, but it doesn't make you a worse person or less of a human. Just weird.

So, I was nice, is your internal conflict resolved and you stop to project your own weird af tastes on the masses? I feel rather grossed out by it tbh.

They are not all elite though, Nathanos trained a fuckload of new Rangers, he even says it in game. They already created the opportnity to have Rangers that defect from Sylvanas.

There is no reason to be against it, we need another pure DPS, we have not had one since Classic. Not every class has to be able to do everything.

Also I am not against Tinker it just does not fit thematically to where the story is clearly headed and Blizzard always creates them based on expansion Theme.
    It says that he is training non-elf undead Dark Rangers, but nowhere does he claim he's taught a ton at large. It's just a new generation. With no accurate number that could easily just be a handful or maybe a small regiment.

There's no reason to have a pure DPS class. Especially as a mail-wearing class where we already have one and the other class is also 2/3rd dps.

As far as thematics the powers of death are getting stronger, so you send in the guy who uses unliving machines that can't really be affected by death magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Do what they did with Death Knights?

Just an option, and there's a precedent for it.
    Once again remember, the Death Knights were under the influence of the Lich King. The Dark Rangers are loyal to Sylvanas.

There's text about Calia Menethil helping the NEs raised (Dark Rangers, btw) cope with undeath in the wake of Sylvanas' departure. Not too hard to see that working considering NE rangers should be FAR more proficient at being rangers than Nathanos is. 10k years vs. an average human lifespan.
    The text does remark Night Elf Sentinels, but that doesn't mean all have been left behind or that the ones left are Dark Rangers. But once again, why then would these Dark Rangers then up and leave to rejoin the Alliance instead of stay with Calia?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Sylvanas literally just admitted to betraying the Horde and there was a scene with Lillian Voss and Calia where some of those raised by Sylvanas are feeling lost and betrayed.

It wouldn't be difficult to come up with a scenario where those who were previously loyal and dedicated to Sylvanas and Nathanos now feel betrayed or adrift based on her actions and wish to find their place again among their faction. Similar to Death Knights, where the story of how they came to be trained was revealed and then at the end of it they were forced to join find themselves within their corresponding faction as a result of their previous leader abandoning them.
    Nathanos is literally off to do more work for Sylvanas so no, he's not feeling betrayed. Even if we ignore that, we're once again at "Why would they then also leave the Forsaken to join the Alliance?"

I am saying, when 9.0 pre-patch goes live, we will have the ability to be in Unity Mode or War Mode, you will chose in a major city, one will allow you to do PvE content cross faction, the other is all out PvP war as it is now.
    ok not sure i know the best direction around that but if questing wise like can quest in alliance area i wuld think it be better if the questing area show trust issue on you if you are the opposite faction i dont know the right answer in war mode since i am not a pvp server player i am not sure how it gona work if horde walk inside stormwind in war mode yet myself

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    You know, being into toddlers with grandpa heads is weird, but it doesn't make you a worse person or less of a human. Just weird.

So, I was nice, is your internal conflict resolved and you stop to project your own weird af tastes on the masses? I feel rather grossed out by it tbh.
    Bro, you are arguing that Dark Ranger is more popular than Tinker while every poll states otherwise.

It says that he is training non-elf undead Dark Rangers, but nowhere does he claim he's taught a ton at large. It's just a new generation. With no accurate number that could easily just be a handful or maybe a small regiment.

There's no reason to have a pure DPS class. Especially as a mail-wearing class where we already have one and the other class is also 2/3rd dps.

As far as thematics the powers of death are getting stronger, so you send in the guy who uses unliving machines that can't really be affected by death magic.

Once again remember, the Death Knights were under the influence of the Lich King. The Dark Rangers are loyal to Sylvanas.

The text does remark Night Elf Sentinels, but that doesn't mean all have been left behind or that the ones left are Dark Rangers. But once again, why then would these Dark Rangers then up and leave to rejoin the Alliance instead of stay with Calia?

Nathanos is literally off to do more work for Sylvanas so no, he's not feeling betrayed. Even if we ignore that, we're once again at "Why would they then also leave the Forsaken to join the Alliance?"
    Calia is VERY friendly with the Alliance. If a dark ranger chose to join them, she likely would not have objections. That being said, I don't think factions will be the barrier they are now. I expect the line to be much more fluid moving forward.

Also, you don't need ALL the risen NE rangers. You simply need a couple to train the new class. It wouldn't be hard to slot someone into that role.

Bro, you are arguing that Dark Ranger is more popular than Tinker while every poll states otherwise.
    there are even youtube video with even more likes then vote poll on tinker as class

and it seems like dark ranger is more favored as class skin sadly i cant really see that work perfectly becus wuld make it look more like dk

Polls with like 100 people voting? Dark Ranger is more popular because its an elven class. Gnomish flavored classes would be widely unpopular, proven by the fact that Gnomes are the most unpopular race in the entire game.

The new Eternal Shadow leak is the first one that doesn't seem like outright bullshit. It does mention dark rangers instead of tinkers though so no doubt it's fake, eh @Teriz?

Calia is VERY friendly with the Alliance. If a dark ranger chose to join them, she likely would not have objections. That being said, I don't think factions will be the barrier they are now. I expect the line to be much more fluid moving forward.

Also, you don't need ALL the risen NE rangers. You simply need a couple to train the new class. It wouldn't be hard to slot someone into that role.
    but that is not how dark ranger works with lore...

but that is not how dark ranger works with lore...
    And according to lore, there wasn't a massive reserve of DHs on ice in a warden prison. But guess what...