Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, well this is a nail in the coffin for me, my favourite race is now completely and utterly fucked, turned into Alliance lapdogs.

Nice, 12/10 writing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Well .. for those of you clamoring that there was no precedent for this to occur:
    Remember that book where the Forsaken try to defect to Calia because she was Calia Menethil heir to the Kingdom of Lorderon?
    Raz remembers
    Remember when Sylvanas in a fit of jealousy killed all the Forsaken present and Calia because they were going to leave her to follow the Heir to the Kingdom of Lorderon instead of a random elf that basically uses them as rotting meat shields?
    Raz remembers

Lets not pretend that this is out of left field. This has been a speculation since Legion
    This has been speculated since that book where all this happened
    We ... didnt all know what Sylvanas was going to do, but the new undead model humans cropping up and Calia returning to the game with a shiny new model made this fairly obvious.

I think we can speculate a soft faction merge at the least, hard merge at the most. This sets up the Forsaken for a redemption story where they finally realize that they've turned into the monsters they feared under Sylvanas and can move towards changing that with Calia.
    and for those of you that were loyalists: think underground cabals awaiting the return of the Banshee queen.
    What a load of Crapopolis, Hail Banshee Queen only true ruler of Horde that has balls to do WARCRAFT
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I mean... Sylvanas was an Alliance hero.
    lol yeah, how soon they forget.

And the forsaken are the people of lordearon, which was ruled over by the menethil line.

Il'gynoth: Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
    The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
    When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.
    The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
    Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way.
    The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.
    The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.
    Interesting note to make.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Literally everyone who can actually reproduce their races and therefore siege them out of existence? Only recourse they have is the blight, and in high enough concentrations needed to get past the various defenses we've seen for it, it's lethal to them as well.
    The only defense we've seen against Blight is Dreadlord magic. Jaina froze Blight for a moment and that was already after it was deployed and dealt most of the damage it was going to deal. And while the Forsaken may not reproduce (until they finally remember that they have a Lich and necromancers among their ranks; besides organic reproduction is slow as hell), they have plenty of advantages over the living as well. Particularly when it comes to sieges, because they can't be starved out. Which means each and every of their strongholds needs to be breached, which puts their enemies at significant disadvantage. Especially once the Forsaken start deploying the Blight into the chokepoints that are the breaches in the walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    What a load of Crapopolis, Hail Banshee Queen only true ruler of Horde that has balls to do WARCRAFT
    you do you, baby.
    I'm just rollin through life Dorf style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    wow, what an original concept. Must be great repossessing the same thing over and over again and expecting it to remain fresh.
    If you want stagnation you can find that in classic. Some of us want the story to move on from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is going to be a lightborn Undead AR. I think Calia was created to replace Sylvanas so Blizzard could weed out the belligerent faction leaders to go full steam ahead on reconciliation and cross faction grouping in 9.0. The game is 15 years old and has a dwindling playerbase, particularly in the endgame on one faction.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Out of all the reasons to quit WoW...you leave because you're hurt that Sylvanas was bat shit crazy after all the signs and they need to replace her? Should they just have left the leadership empty?
    Sylvanas being batshit crazy. Calia out of all people becoming the new leader of the Forsaken. What's the difference lel. But what's a misrepresentation or two when it allows one to complain about that pesky Sylvanas some more
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wow, what an original concept. Must be great repossessing the same thing over and over again and expecting it to remain fresh.
    If you want stagnation you can find that in classic. Some of us want the story to move on from that.
    Well when your entire faction's identity revolves around one tumblr tier goth chick, and she gets bored and moves on: it can cause some upheaval when their story actually has to continue without her.

Could a better story be made with Lilian and Belmont making the ideology of the Desolate Council work for the Forsaken? Where "more members" is written as a plan to grab more from Northrend to lessen the ranks of the Lich King to bolster the ranks of their own? Embracing the Forsaken moniker to a tee?

Nah... Let's make a late-term inductee the leader cause the Menethil name. Cause the whole "May the bloody crown be forever lost and forgotten" totes don't matter now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man this is a really bad thing to see for someone who used to love the warcraft world. Two of my favorite races are now dead with trolls before them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The only defense we've seen against Blight is Dreadlord magic. Jaina froze Blight for a moment and that was already after it was deployed and dealt most of the damage it was going to deal. And while the Forsaken may not reproduce (until they finally remember that they have a Lich and necromancers among their ranks; besides organic reproduction is slow as hell), they have plenty of advantages over the living as well. Particularly when it comes to sieges, because they can't be starved out. Which means each and every of their strongholds needs to be breached, which puts their enemies at significant disadvantage. Especially once the Forsaken start deploying the Blight into the chokepoints that are the breaches in the walls.
    yes, but they also don't heal outside magic/literally sewing themselves back together, so a slow grinding campaign is also going to be extremely effective, and they've never shown any large capacity digging capabilities, so realistically the dwarves/gnomes could simply bury them with enough strategically planted charges around the undercity/under the castle itself.

They're really written into a corner. so you can either A: Stop being the mindless undead SCOURGE you pretend you're not. or B: Die and stay dead in super-double hell. With Arthas. and try to explain how you actually managed to be even bigger assholes then him, when he at least had a quasi-immortal deathknight body-jacking him for his worst stunts. Or C: Dumb blizzard writing where they're totally unrepentant, but still somehow accepted because status quo is god.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Nah... Let's make a late-term inductee the leader cause the Menethil name. Cause the whole "May the bloody crown be forever lost and forgotten" totes don't matter now.
    To be fair, that quote on the plaque was written after whereabouts of Calia had dissapeared (read: calia wasn't even planned in WoW's future). The quote is a direct jab at Arthas and his ousting from Lordaeron and Sylvanas taking the reigns of his "forsaken" people that he betrayed.

Had Calia been planned beforehand, I don't know if that plaque would even read the same.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2019-10-08 at 02:30 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken are Sylvannas. This has always been an issue with the race. Love her or hate her, there is nobody that could replace her. Except maybe Arthas but Blizzard isn't crazy enough to go there, yet...
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Well when your entire faction's identity revolves around one tumblr tier goth chick, and she gets bored and moves on: it can cause some upheaval when their story actually has to continue without her.
    I know right? It's scary for them having to develop an identity outside of the one character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    The Forsaken are Sylvannas. This has always been an issue with the race. Love her or hate her, there is nobody that could replace her. Except maybe Arthas but Blizzard isn't crazy enough to go there, yet...
    And yet here we are. The forsaken have no city, no land, no ruler, and its entire identity based around those concepts. This is finally a chance to do something with them that isn't the same old crap. Maybe blizzard will surprise us showing a different side to the forsaken

We must break Calia.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Had Calia been planned beforehand, I don't know if that plaque would even read the same.
    None of us would be able to predict such a moot point, though. And I dunno about you, but when you make a current "pathway" for your story, you don't just flip a table over something you may think is cooler.

Forsaken ideology is even in their namesake. From Menethil to Windrunner, they've been betrayed. So it would be within reason they nope all over the idea of the former coming back to rule over them again.

And that is sans "Dark Lady" worship. As I said, there is much to mold with them being, well, forsaken again. Feed off them being "godless" ideologues.

But nope, Light Lady watches over them now. Not entirely digestible story progression. And this is coming from a dude who doesn't like much of the Undead motifs to begin with.

It's like the Goblins are the only coherent race right now because they started off ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, this thread is something special.

I for one am interested to see where they take the Forsaken now that they aren't tied to a single character.

Also, for those of you quitting over this, please stay away from FFXIV, we don't need your kind clogging up that community with this level of toxicity.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The game's story has been a joke since Cataclysm if not earlier, and THIS is the thing that makes you lose your shit and unsub. lolk