Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    You could literally remove death bolt from the game and affliction would still be a burst spec. I'm completely confused as to how you aren't following this. It isn't trinkets, it isn't essences, it's that affliction is primarily designed to be a burst spec.

    You can say Blizzard didn't intend this, but we both know that's hard to believe given the multi-target talent changes and the dot nerfs. You don't give a spec one of the most powerful single target CDs in the game if you don't intend that spec to do high burst damage.

    Essences and font didn't exist in uldir or bod, aff was still a burst spec, it was a burst spec without death bolt or with.
    Play Affliction without Deathbolt, DSM and Essences and tell me how it's a burst spec. Darkglare and its effect on it's own is nothing to write home about. This is what you have baseline.

    You talent and gear into it being a "burst spec". It's not what it is baseline.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The spec was clearly intended to be
    How unfortunate that every single thing they gave the spec was to improve single target burst and reduce multi target damage if their intent wasn't to make it a burst spec.

    Guess blizzard employs people with a sub 70 IQ.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Play Affliction without Deathbolt, DSM and Essences and tell me how it's a burst spec. Darkglare and its effect on it's own is nothing to write home about. This is what you have baseline.
    Lol, if I go and play aff without DSM and bolt most of my damage would still be loaded into darkglare.

  3. #203
    I’ve honestly hated the warlock design post mop.

    My warlock died during the pre legion event after being my main since day 1 vanilla.

    I don’t know if Blizz has “class” teams anymore these days, but if they do, the warlock team is by far the worst at the company

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Lol, if I go and play aff without DSM and bolt most of my damage would still be loaded into darkglare.
    You will be surprised to see how much Darkglare would be unimportant in that scenario. It will be a mild DPS cd, something just about every spec has and that's about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    How unfortunate that every single thing they gave the spec was to improve single target burst and reduce multi target damage if their intent wasn't to make it a burst spec.

    Guess blizzard employs people with a sub 70 IQ.
    They missed their mark, won't be a first. Happens every expansion with half the classes/specs.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Except this wasn't a fuck up. The spec was clearly intended to be a burst spec.
    I think you 2 should clear up what u mean with "the specc is intended". asil means the specc is intended to be burst "IN BFA". And when you look into the skillset, its hard to deny that. That it should be different, I guess we ALL can agree on that.

    The discussion started when people say that the DB nerf is "a right step in the right direction" and "makes sense".

    And thats just not the case. because when they say they feel like for a dot specc the burst is too high, they dont see that in all bfa affli was NO dot/sustain specc. So the blue line is bullshit. or incompetence.
    When their goal is to change aff into a dot/sustain specc again because they fucked it up, then nerfing DB and not buffing dots/sustain in the same moment, is bullshit.
    When they nerfed DB only because the sky is blue and they dont like it, its bullshit too, since aff dmg is middle of the pack anyway.

    So I for example are not mad that affli isnt Number 1 dmg specc, Im mad that they do unnecessary nerfs when its not needed, instead of changing Drain Soul in the same row to be at least a dps gain over taking no talent at all.
    Last edited by Ashrael; 2019-10-14 at 12:35 PM.

  6. #206
    Deathbolt nerf is a right step in the right direction at a wrong time. At this point is amounts to pissing on wildfire.

    They should have done in 9.0.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You will be surprised to see how much Darkglare would be unimportant in that scenario. It will be a mild DPS cd, something just about every spec has and that's about it.
    I have done this, it is not mild. You seem to be really reaching to defend the fact blizzard knows they gutted aff going into BFA and are trying to save face now. No reasonable person can look at the affliction kit in BFA and not see that it was clearly tailored to single target burst.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I have done this, it is not mild. You seem to be really reaching to defend the fact blizzard knows they gutted aff going into BFA and are trying to save face now. No reasonable person can look at the affliction kit in BFA and not see that it was clearly tailored to single target burst.
    Feel free to link the logs. Let's see the amazing burst.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Deathbolt nerf is a right step in the right direction at a wrong time. At this point is amounts to pissing on wildfire.

    They should have done in 9.0.
    For the record, I don't disagree that aff should be a multi target spec. I don't like BFA affliction, it doesn't play like affliction should play. My only issue is with that dev note, given the current state of affliction.

    As you said, 9.0, not this next tier, because nerfing death bolt just isn't going to change anything about the spec, all they're doing is reducing the output of the spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Feel free to link the logs. Let's see the amazing burst.
    Well, I didn't exactly do it in raids. It was a target dummy with creeping death and no major essence. My burst was about 47k without using an essence, no bolt, and no DSM.

    It was like 57 or 58k with everything. In raids it'd be well over 100k with everything, not sure what it'd be without, but it wouldn't be some joke of a CD.

  10. #210
    I am not particularly worried about Affliction output in 8.3. I think it will be all right, because this nerf itself in the grand scheme of things is about 1-2% give or take, while the raid itself is certainly much more Affliction friendly, especially Nzoth, if those adds there work the way I suspect they do.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In affliction case it's a double whammy of DSM/Deathbolt combo being more powerful than it should have been (and thus becoming mandatory to the point it's unthinkable for some people that these are actually supposed to be optional talents)
    You don't think that deathbolt is mandatory because the 2 other options in the talent row are either a DPS loss over not taking a talent at all and the other one is almost dps neutral?

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    You don't think that deathbolt is mandatory because the 2 other options in the talent row are either a DPS loss over not taking a talent at all and the other one is almost dps neutral?
    Way to fail at reading comprehension.

    Here, have a fel cookie for the mental effort that required.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Protip: remove word "don't" at whatever BS you wrote there and then it's about right for what you have quoted.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Affliction should not be a single-target burst spec. That's what Blizzard is saying. Affliction is a dot-spec and that doesn't comply with single target burst.

    Affliction is not below the middle. It is a mid spec right now and it is still one of the best specs on spread cleave fights like Queens Court. It's good to see Warlock not having a top spec just for one tier. Warlocks is almost always one of the best classes so it is nice to see other classes get to shine.

    There is no need for all this crying in the Warlock forums. You have simply just been spoiled by past performance.
    Who are you, Ion's MMO-C account?

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    It's pretty obvious you do not know what burst spec means dude.

    Let me give you a few examples.

    Fire mage is a burst spec:

    > https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=43

    Notice the massive spike, followed by a rapid decline and then bad damage until the next massive spike comes? That means the damage is loaded into CDs primarily, it is a burst spec.

    Here's a moonkin:

    > https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=46

    Notice how the damage curve is a lot more even? That's because moonkin isn't primarily a burst spec. It has burst damage CDs, but it doesn't have as much of its damage loaded into a CD as a fire mage does.
    Moonkin: 58,7% of damage done during burst windows
    Fire Mage: 56% of damage done during burst windows

    A fine example indeed
    Last edited by apustus; 2019-10-14 at 03:32 PM.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oho,lock not leading the pack by a huge margin as it has been since tbc until now?QQ
    Have you even looked at the raids recently?
    Shadow priest puts everything to shame.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Great job @ the Warlock team. Looks like I will stay on my Rogue alt till the next expansion. *sad panda*
    Lol if they are paying salaries for a team for every class then what are the doing all day? 15 minutes per 6 month period they throw a dart for the one class change they'll make?

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Have you even looked at the raids recently?
    Shadow priest puts everything to shame.
    That's fine, because apparently it's only warlocks that people have a problem with doing OK. I mean, affliction is supposed to be the premiere dot/rot spec in the game, but shadow does that 3x better and affliction has been turned into a 3min cooldown single target burst dps spec.

    The nerf to deathbolt isn't going to change that in the slightest, I just can't imagine why Blizzard said they nerfed it to make the other talents more useful when nobody will take drain soul ever while it's a DPS loss over no talent at all.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •