Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now there is news about Blizzard banning the kids that showed a sign saying: "Free Hong Kong, Boycot Blizzard"

People complained about them NOT being banned
    Now people complain that they ARE getting banned

Like they say on my country:
    Arrested for having a dog and arrested for not having a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Now there is news about Blizzard banning the kids that showed a sign saying: "Free Hong Kong, Boycot Blizzard"

People complained about them NOT being banned
    Now people complain that they ARE getting banned

Like they say on my country:
    Arrested for having a dog and arrested for not having a dog.
    No, it's about optics and consistency.

They protested just as Blitzcheung did and were not banned. That was viewed as a gross double standard and led to the "One company, two policies" jabs at Blizzard.

The fact that they're NOW going back and reversing the decision is bloody stupid and just highlights the hypocrisy from them.

The smarter move would have been to issue the same punishment for them from the start.

The second smarter move would have been to ignore this and let folks get distracted by something else rather than giving them a reason to remember it and get mad about it a second time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just shows how shallow the internet rage generation is. Every video in this thread is click bait for more dollars in their pockets.

Nobody really gives a shit about Hong Kong, but if there is an excuse to rail against Blizzard you can be sure the Keyboard Warriors will be there to support it.

I am going to Blizzcon. I hope there are not protests, however if there are I support their choice to do that. As long as they are peaceful and do not fuck with the safety of y 14 yo son.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    A link:
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...g-kong-protest

I will admit to cackling like an idiot when I read that. They got exactly what they wanted, but I'm sure now that they can no longer complain about it being hypocrisy, they will complain about being censored by China.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    This just shows how shallow the internet rage generation is. Every video in this thread is click bait for more dollars in their pockets.
    Just because people fall for stupid outrage-bait YT channels doesn't mean there isn't reason to be angry with or criticize Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And? One is a direct mockery of the leader of the party and the other is just a bunch of characters from a game being used as protestors. Again it won't make them feel much of anything at all.
    Is that why Xi's Communist Party is so angry about Winnie the Pooh?

- - - Updated - - -

People cosplaying is a reminder of that? Yep you are definitely crazy.
    Protesting is Crazy?

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to Blizzcon. I hope there are not protests, however if there are I support their choice to do that. As long as they are peaceful and do not fuck with the safety of y 14 yo son.
    If you're actually concerned, don't go to Blizzcon.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Is that why Xi's Communist Party is so angry about Winnie the Pooh?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-40627855

Is a good description of it I quickly found. It was the mockery and not wanting it to become a symbol of the regime/leader.

Protesting is Crazy?
    I never said protesting is crazy. Saying that a bunch of cosplayers will remind China of a historical coalition against them is crazy. And that people of different countries protesting will remind them of that period of history that they don't like. That is crazy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-40627855

Is a good description of it I quickly found. It was the mockery and not wanting it to become a symbol of the regime/leader.
    And it shows that the Communist Regime hates the comparison of Pooh and it's Supreme Leader.

I never said protesting is crazy. Saying that a bunch of cosplayers will remind China of a historical coalition against them is crazy.
    Cosplayers Protesting is crazy but people wearing normal clothes protesting aren't?

- - - Updated - - -

Every Voice Matters, unless you talk about HK.

Blizzard Bans Three College ‘Hearthstone’ Protesters For Six Months

The members of American University who held up a “Free Hong Kong, Boycott Blizz” sign said they have no regrets.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d...for-six-months
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-16 at 07:59 PM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Nobody really gives a shit about Hong Kong, but if there is an excuse to rail against Blizzard you can be sure the Keyboard Warriors will be there to support it.

Railing against blizz is fine, but getting very angry over this while they barely gave a fuck when blizzard fired a ton of people says a lot.

The link was created by people only a few years ago. You have to be a special kind of crazy to associate that with time traveling and to think that I, or others, were talking about the creation of the character in the 1920's.
    So a despot got compared to a nearly century old cartoon and he was so overly sensitive about it he had the character banned from the country and you don't think something similar can happen if Overwatch characters become associated with the Hong Kong protests?

I mean, Chinese aren't even allowed to like Team Rocket from Pokemon anymore because they share a name with the Houston Rockets.

Didn't Blizz ignore them as obvious attention-whores until they started complaining about all players not being treated equally, so Blizz banned them so they could complain about Blizz being in China's pocket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So a despot got compared to a nearly century old cartoon and he was so overly sensitive about it he had the character banned from the country and you don't think something similar can happen if Overwatch characters become associated with the Hong Kong protests?

I mean, Chinese aren't even allowed to like Team Rocket from Pokemon anymore because they share a name with the Houston Rockets.
    Or is this due to being made by Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Didn't Blizz ignore them as obvious attention-whores until they started complaining about all players not being treated equally, so Blizz banned them so they could complain about Blizz being in China's pocket?
    They also gave him the same ban as Blitzchung, so now they can point to these two incidents and just say "if you bring up political shit during our tournaments, you're getting a 6 month vacation."

15+ Year Old Account
    And it shows that the Communist Regime hates the comparison of Pooh and it's Supreme Leader.
    Okay. I never said that they didn't.

Cosplayers Protesting is crazy but people wearing normal clothes protesting aren't?
    Are you misreading on purpose? Or are you inventing arguments completely on accident? I have never said anyone is crazy for protesting.

Why stop there? Why not say Every Voice Matters, unless you break the forum rules? Oh that isn't as edgey as HK.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    They also gave him the same ban as Blitzchung, so now they can point to these two incidents and just say "if you bring up political shit during our tournaments, you're getting a 6 month vacation."
    They didnt instant ban them. Just waited a bit to long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So a despot got compared to a nearly century old cartoon and he was so overly sensitive about it he had the character banned from the country and you don't think something similar can happen if Overwatch characters become associated with the Hong Kong protests?.
    Yes. Though that isn't what I was commenting on. I don't think the CCP will care about game characters being made into protest meme's or even if the protestors themselves cosplay. Just like they won't be reminded of a historical coalition against them and got riled up because of cosplayers.

And as your link indicates the man included reference to the NBA Team in his post. It wasn't just about banning Pokemon Go team Rocket. But of course that doesn't fit the narrative so it is ignored.

Just like they won't be reminded of a historical coalition against them and got riled up because of cosplayers.
    And you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that China does in fact get riled up by Memes.

It wasn't just about banning Pokemon Go team Rocket.
    Nobody said it was.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-16 at 09:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that China does in fact get riled up by Memes.
    Once again I have to tell you that I never said that they do not.

Nobody said it was.
    Implying they got banned for liking pokemon team rocket is saying exactly that. But you've shown a few times you only see what you want.

Once again I have to tell you that I never said that they do not.
    Yet you're suggesting that they don't.

But you've shown a few times you only see what you want.
    Says the person suggesting China doesn't get angry at memes.

Implying they got banned for liking pokemon team rocket is saying exactly that.
    And that is Partially the reason they got heavily criticized by China which you seem to be ignoring.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-16 at 09:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yet you're suggesting that they don't.
    No. I am saying that a bunch of cosplayers will not light a fire under them by reminding them of the 8 nation coalition formed against them in the 1800's.

Says the person suggesting China doesn't get angry at memes.
    Says the person inventing an argument just so they can argue.

And that is Partially the reason they got banned which you seem to be ignoring.
    No. The entire reason why they had to apologize is that they included an image of an article about the Houston rockets. Team Rocket from Pokemon go was not a factor according to the article linked. They accidentally, or on purpose, included a forbidden topic in their pokemon go related tweet.