Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It's about that too.
    So why target the most insignificant players first? Tencent will be happy that blizzard takes a hit. Well done, very well done.

Nice Lie.
    I beg your pardon? What can blizzard or the nba do to change chinese policies?

We'll see.
    So the range goes from nothing to something?

E Z

That Blizzard stops bowing down to China's Influence while respecting Non Disruptive Political Statements Critical about China.
    Ah, so blizzard should allow certain political statements? Or all of them? And who decides what's disruptive or not?

I think it's quite telling that the ones who started this expected repercussions and therefore knew what they were doing but somehow are relieved from taking responsibility. Also, we vent our anger at the company that supposedly bowed down to chinese influence but not at china for exerting that influence, so we're targetting the one whos bullied instead of the bully.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So why target the most insignificant players first?
    Blizzard Insignifigant? BWAHHAHAHA

Tencent will be happy that blizzard takes a hit. Well done, very well done
    And people are also starting to notice Riot Games and their association with Tencent too, Your point?

I beg your pardon? What can blizzard or the nba do to change chinese policies?
    Who said anything about Changing Communist China's Political Policies?

So the range goes from nothing to something?
    Nope.

Ah, so blizzard should allow certain political statements? Or all of them? And who decides what's disruptive or not?
    You think that making a Non-Violent Less then 30 second Political Statement is somehow Disruptive especially when Blizzard has supported LGBT Causes Easily without making any Violent Threats or being Disruptive?

so we're targetting the one whos bullied instead of the bully.
    Wrong, and People are clearly angry at both.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 07:05 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Insignifigant? BWAHHAHAHA
    Compared to other companies that bow to china, yeah, by a mile.

And people are also starting to notice Riot Games and their association with Tencent too, Your point?
    Do they? Where, when, who?

Who said anything about Changing Communist China's Political Policies?
    Well if that's not the point, what is the point? Blizzard should allow political statements at their streams?

Nope.
    I'm at the edge of my seat.

You think that making a Non-Violent Less then 30 second Political Statement is somehow Disruptive especially when Blizzard has supported LGBT Causes Easily without making any Violent Threats or being Disruptive?
    You are not answering any of my questions.

Wrong, and People are clearly angry at both.
    Wrong? Oh, so how are people targetting china?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Compared to other companies that bow to china, yeah, by a mile.
    Wrong.

Do they? Where, when, who?
    Hong Kong people.

Well if that's not the point, what is the point?
    As I said before That Blizzard and other Companies stops bowing down to China's Authoritarian Influence while respecting Non Disruptive Political Statements Critical about China.
    Don't know why it seems like that's so hard to for you to understand.

I'm at the edge of my seat.
    Good for you.

You are not answering any of my questions.
    Wrong, I've been answering them.

Wrong? Oh, so how are people targetting china?
    By supporting Democracy in Hong Kong.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 07:14 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.
    You should stop using that word, you don't know what it means.

Hong Kong people.
    Tell me when youtubers start mass-reaction videos.

As I said before That Blizzard and other Companies stops bowing down to China's Authoritarian Influence while respecting Non Disruptive Political Statements Critical about China.
    Just China?

Wrong, I've been answering them.
    Wrong, I've asked if blizzard should allow all political statements or just certain ones and who's going to decide what's deemed disruptive. You never answered those questions.

By supporting Democracy in Hong Kong.
    Ah, so people are targetting blizzard to support democracy in Hong Kong, because that's how things work. Blizzard will probably call their ambassador to china back in response.

This thread gets even more enjoyable as this comedy outrage keeps on.

You should stop using that word, you don't know what it means.
    And you're clearly wrong.

Tell me when youtubers start mass-reaction videos.
    Apparently you care enough to react to the reactionaries.

Just China?
    This IS about China and Human Rights isn't it?

Wrong, I've asked if blizzard should allow all political statements or just certain ones and who's going to decide what's deemed disruptive. You never answered those questions.
    And you never answered why you're suggesting what Blitzchung said was Disruptive especially when blizzard Supported LGBT rights in the past.

Ah, so people are targetting blizzard to support democracy in Hong Kong, because that's how things work. Blizzard will probably call their ambassador to china back in response.
    Wrong, not what I said either.

This thread gets even more enjoyable as this comedy outrage keeps on.
    "Comedy Outrage"

or "Comedy Outrage"

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 07:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And you're clearly wrong.
    Revenue numbers disagree with you but hey, just keep repeating the word wrong, that's enough of an argument.

Apparently you care enough to react to the reactionaries.
    I have not watched one of these faux outrage videos but am reacting to the hypocrisy they represent.

This IS about China and Human Rights isn't it?
    This IS again not an answer to my question. Also, sorry if I'm a bit cynical when americans or associates talk about human rights abuses.

And you never answered why you're suggesting what Blitzchung said was Disruptive especially when blizzard Supported LGBT rights in the past.
    Because and this might come as a surprise to you, Blitzchung despite what his name might suggest is not a representative of blizzard. Might I get an answer now?

Wrong, not what I said either.
    Doesn't change that people target the ones that are being bullied.

"Comedy Outrage"

or "Comedy Outrage"

I was talking about youtubers and people on gaming forums, not actual activists or protests.

Because they're hypocrites who banned a player for making a non disruptive Political Statement because of China.
    Do you have any examples of Blizz allowing political statements on their e-sport streams - pro- or anti-Trump, pro- or anti-Brexit, gun control etc - without any form of censure?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do you have any examples of Blizz allowing political statements on their e-sport streams

- - - Updated - - -

Revenue numbers disagree with you but hey, just keep repeating the word wrong, that's enough of an argument.
    Who said anything about Revenue?

I have not watched one of these faux outrage videos but am reacting to the hypocrisy they represent.
    I guess those Blizzard Employees that walked out are hypocrites in your book too?

This IS again not an answer to my question. Also, sorry if I'm a bit cynical when americans or associates talk about human rights abuses.
    And Neither did you.

Because and this might come as a surprise to you, Blitzchung despite what his name might suggest is not a representative of blizzard. Might I get an answer now?
    Who said anything about blitzchung representing Blizzard?

Doesn't change that people target the ones that are being bullied.
    Wrong.

I was talking about youtubers and people on gaming forums, not actual activists or protests.
    You're the one that suggested HK Protesters Targeting Companies was stupid.

Not exactly what I was looking for in terms of political issues, but I appreciate the effort you put in to make the collage and you're right there is an element of hypocrisy in Blizz mentioning social issues while celebrating LGBT pride. How about the political issues I mentioned though - any examples of competitors making on-stream political statements along the lines of pro- or anti-Trump, pro- or anti-Brexit or about gun control?

How about the political issues I mentioned though - any examples of competitors making on-stream political statements along the lines of pro- or anti-Trump, pro- or anti-Brexit or about gun control?
    From what I've seen not yet, however Political Statements will happen in any E-Sport and/or Sports whether people will like it or not.

Not exactly what I was looking for in terms of political issues
    Those are still Political Issues done in a non Disruptive way.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 09:10 AM.

It'll happen one day in any E-Sport whether you'll like it or not.
    Well yeah, what I'm looking for is an example of a competitor doing it on a Blizzard stream and Blizz saying it's cool or at least ignoring the issue. A lot of people are saying Blizz only enforced the rule because China but no evidence that they fail to enforce the rule if China aren't involved.

Those are still Political Issues done in a non Disruptive way.
    I forget some people still see being against hatred and prejudice as a political issue, although your key point seems to be that it's non-disruptive (i.e. part of the event) so you do see the difference between Blizz organising something and a competitor making an impromptu protest.

A lot of people are saying Blizz only enforced the rule because China but no evidence that they fail to enforce the rule if China aren't involved.
    Yet Blizzard overreacted to non violent Political Statement about China.

I forget some people still see being against hatred and prejudice as a political issue, although your key point seems to be that it's non-disruptive (i.e. part of the event) so you do see the difference between Blizz organising something and a competitor making an impromptu protest.
    Less then 30 seconds making a Non-Violent Political Statement is not a Protest.

Yet Blizzard overreacted to non violent Political Statement about China.
    Okay... but there are no examples of Blizzard reacting differently if, for example, an American player said "Orange man bad," or "you'll take my gun from my cold, dead hands" or "build the wall!"

Less then 30 seconds making a Non-Violent Political Statement is not a Protest.
    Ooh semantics, okay then Blitzchung engaged in an activity that brought them into public disrepute, offended a portion of the public or otherwise damaged Blizzard's image.

Okay... but there are no examples of Blizzard reacting differently if, for example, an American player said "Orange man bad," or "you'll take my gun from my cold, dead hands" or "build the wall!"
    False Dilemma Fallacy.

Ooh semantics, okay then Blitzchung engaged in an activity that brought them into public disrepute, offended a portion of the public or otherwise damaged Blizzard's image.
    Your Point being? We all know Blizzards Rules are Vague so they can ban anyone for almost any reason.

And it wasn't semantics, Blitzchung was not Protesting against Blizzard he was making a Political Statement in Support of HK protests.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 09:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about Revenue?
    Ok, so how do you tell the significance of a company? This is going to be interesting, let's see where blizzard by any metric comes out as significant.

I guess those Blizzard Employees that walked out are hypocrites in your book too?
    No, obviously not. I am appaled that you even asked that question.

And Neither did you.
    Are you ever going to answer these questions or are you dancing around because the answers might not align with what you want to achieve?

Who said anything about blitzchung representing Blizzard?
    And that right there is the difference. You're welcome, I've answered your question. That's why it was disruptive, it wasn't just some silent protest, some t-shirt, colours or anything, it was him using his time during an interview to talk about something breaking blizzard rules.

Wrong.
    Please stop using that word, you don't know what it means. Right now you're trying to tell us that china isn't bullying companies to abide despite saying so a few posts ago.

You're the one that suggested HK Protesters Targeting Companies was stupid.
    It is because companies usually aren't part of the process of changing the policies of a foreign country.

- - - Updated - - -

And it wasn't semantics, Blitzchung was not Protesting against Blizzard he was making a Political Statement in Support of HK protests.
    He himself knew he was violating the rules, stop defending his actions as if it was totally unpredictable that blizzard would react.

Ok, so how do you tell the significance of a company? This is going to be interesting, let's see where blizzard by any metric comes out as significant.
    You're telling me that Blizzards Revenue from China is insignificant?

No, obviously not. I am appaled that you even asked that question.
    yet you're angry about ALL youtubers outraged at this because they work for Google, Hypocrite much?

Are you ever going to answer these questions or are you dancing around because the answers might not align with what you want to achieve?
    And Neither will you.

And that right there is the difference. You're welcome, I've answered your question. That's why it was disruptive, it wasn't just some silent protest, some t-shirt, colours or anything, it was him using his time during an interview to talk about something breaking blizzard rules.
    30 seconds non violent Political Statement is apparently disruptive but not Blizzard Flamboyantly supporting LGBT Rights. Got it.

Please stop using that word, you don't know what it means. Right now you're trying to tell us that china isn't bullying companies to abide despite saying so a few posts ago.
    LMAO you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

It is because companies usually aren't part of the process of changing the policies of a foreign country.
    Who said anything about Companies Changing Foreign Policy?

False Dilemma Fallacy.
    Not really, not even close. There's a claim that Blizzard are only enforcing the rule because of China but zero supporting evidence that they wouldn't act the same way with issues that have nothing to do with China. At least, I assume there's no evidence as the amount of YouTube outrage should have turned up something by now.

Your Point being? We all know Blizzards Rules are Vague so they can ban anyone for almost any reason.

It's semantics because whether you want to call it a Protest or a Political Statement it still falls under "engaged in an activity that brought them into public disrepute, offended a portion of the public or otherwise damaged Blizzard's image," you objecting to the exact phrase I used is irrelevant to the point being made.

There's a claim that Blizzard are only enforcing the rule because of China but zero supporting evidence that they wouldn't act the same way with issues that have nothing to do with China.
    Again LGBT rights.

zero supporting evidence that they wouldn't act the same way with issues
    False Dilemma Fallacy, also can't prove something that hasn't happened yet.

It's semantics because whether you want to call it a Protest or a Political Statement it still falls under "engaged in an activity that brought them into public disrepute, offended a portion of the public or otherwise damaged Blizzard's image," you objecting to the exact phrase I used is irrelevant to the point being made.
    And again We all know Blizzards Rules are Vague so they can ban anyone for almost any reason. Your point being?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-10-22 at 09:35 AM.

You're telling me that Blizzards Revenue from China is insignificant?
    You're missing the point - Blizzard are fairly irrelevant to China as they are insignificant to the economically and provide a service that can easily be replicated. Compare that to Google who have important tech and facilities far in advance of many of their competitors, or Apple and other manufacturers who provide a vital boost to China's economy.

30 seconds non violent Political Statement is apparently disruptive but not Blizzard Flamboyantly supporting LGBT Rights. Got it.
    Blizzard organising an event is not disruptive to the event Blizz are organising, that seems really obvious. People who go to Blizzard's LGBT pride event are expecting Blizzard's LGBT pride event. People who go to a Hearthstone event are not necessarily expecting Blitzchungs Political Statement.