Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Didnt read entire thread so not sure what has been said.

At any rate, at first when I saw Vulpera could be warlocks, it felt rather odd. Then I thought about it. There is even a quest where Vulpera use dark troll magic to collect souls and use them to defeat undead troll along with player's help. I think it was made pretty clear that at least the vulpera involved knew very well how to use such dark items.

You could say that doesnt make them warlocks and I agree, but what it proves is that Vulpera dont really mind, if it gives them advantage. They have been shown to be survivors that use every tool available to survive in the desert. Darker magic is probably acceptable tool.

Hence... warlocks.
    Last edited by Morae; 2019-10-29 at 10:13 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luji View Post
    I may not be a lore master, but can anyone recall when did Vulpera exactly have a connection with Fel magic?
    Please, anyone explain why Vulpera can be Warlocks and Zandalari can't? Since Fel interaction excuse is really lame and seems to be thrown out of the window now!
    oh it's ok. about a week before the release of 8.3 Blizzard will pull a 180 and remove the warlock race from Vulpera. so nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    You could say that doesnt make them warlocks and I agree, but what it proves is that Vulpera dont really mind, if it gives them advantage. They have been shown to be survivors that use every tool available to survive in the desert. Darker magic is probably acceptable tool.
    This is my take too. The vulpera are clearly practical people - like real societies of people living in harsh environments, they make use of whatever comes to hand to help.

A friend of mine comments that vulpera clearly like making friends, and it's entirely compatible with existing lore for their demons to either be outside the Burning Legion as an organization or in it but not wild about it. Imps are as much chaotic as innately evil, as we've seen along the way, and one can easily imagine demons of other sorts who want to just do their stuff and who cares about the whole cosmic war thing anyhow. Their national anthem is the song "Anthem" from the musical Chess: "And you ask me why I love her / Through wars, death, and despair / She is the constant, we, who don't care". And they tell their like-minded buddies that, hey, these little folks over yonder will treat you relatively well and give you opportunities to just do your stuff and not care about the cosmic war.

No, of course we won't see that in official lore, any more than we'll see the attitude I've used in playing warlocks before, "Some people are fascinated by fire and spend all their time studying it because they're arsonists, others because they're firefighters." But it works for my head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh it's ok. about a week before the release of 8.3 Blizzard will pull a 180 and remove the warlock race from Vulpera. so nothing to worry furry about
    Had to fix that....I will see myself out....

They already ruined warlocks with the stupid holy power system from ret pallys back in the day, embers, shards, shadow orbs, holy power, it's all the same now. So who cares if they give vulpera a ruined class?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    They already ruined warlocks with the stupid holy power system from ret pallys back in the day, embers, shards, shadow orbs, holy power, it's all the same now. So who cares if they give vulpera a ruined class?
    I like the combo point style play this was one of the things that made the Secret World great for me you had builders and spenders it works.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I like the combo point style play this was one of the things that made the Secret World great for me you had builders and spenders it works.
    I guess its preference, but this is the problem with all classes playing the exact same way now

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    I guess its preference, but this is the problem with all classes playing the exact same way now
    To be fair, MoP destro was much more aligned to risk / reward and smart-decision making than later iterations of our class. Knowing that you could see yourself burning as you generated embers and allowing you to determine if you want to keep building or do you want to spend? Throw in Shadowburn and havoc and the toolkit was very much reliant on how GOOD you were vice the gear you had. Knowing how to properly and timely generate embers for a big burst phase while also sniping adds to keep shards up was some of the most fun gameplay I can recall from Warlocks.

This thread has good timing, I was torn on what my Vulpera would be with the Shadowlands boost. I was torn on rogue or warlock since a Vulpera rogue with the gypsy identity sounds cool, but then I remembered the movie Thinner from Stephen King, recalled gypsies are also known to delve into dark magic, and my mind was made up!

On topic, it's pretty fitting because of that, but that's just my personal head canon.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They come across a few player warlocks and being curious foxes, considered that it were not beneath them.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

♫ Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are my best friends, they like to, erm, kill people n stuff. ♫
    Last edited by Throsher; 2020-01-02 at 10:49 AM.

Especially considering Vulpera scrounge for goods, they would come across dark sources of magic quite frequently.

I think Zandalari being tricked by demons to thinking they're loa common.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    They come across a few player warlocks and being curious foxes, considered that it were not beneath them.
    Most robbers do have a decent sense of when to NOT mess with the evil dark magics and such though. Makes more sense to me that they aren't warlocks tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Better question: Why are we still pretending like class/race restrictions matter? I mean every expansion they open up new available classes to old races, so why not just open the flood gates and make every race able to be every class?

I don't feel the game should be that way, but it seems like Blizz is slowly heading in that direction.
    I agree with this, up to a point. I think everything should be able to be anything, BUT with the caveat that some things just don't make sense as a class for x race, so at that point, the class should be re-skinned. It would give more flavour, in my opinion.

Foxes summoning demons from the twisting nether makes no sense and will be weird.

I could have seen Zandalari doing this, they get into every type of magic and they are actually super skilled (also exist wayyyyyyyy before vulperas does and they know better).

It's like:
    Vulpera: Oh cool, we joined the horde, going to be a warlock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Hard to say, but I don't feel like those are the Nightborne we're playing as, you know? I always figured we're playing as the ones that rebelled/were liberated.

"Hey, yeah, look I know I was trying to kill ya'll last expansion because I was loyal to Gul'dan - but now that Thalyssra and the Horde/Alliance defeated all of us, I am totally on your side! Yeah!"

I can't imagine that was the angle Blizz had in mind for playable Nightborne, especially given her pleasantries toward the player versions when you first create one.
    I think the Horde have shown more than a few times that they'll let anyone who was against them join them without much of an issue. High Elves were apart of the Alliance for forever and as soon as they were ready to switch sides the Horde was like "cool, we have elves now." That's kind of what makes the Horde, the Horde.

It could somewhat make sense if we imagine that some of the Vulpera, being shifty vagabonds newly arrived to Orgrimmar, would spend a lot of time in the Drag dealing with and learning from the warlocks there.

Nightborne warlocks make all the sense in the world, any of these scenarios would do: they were familiar with that kind of magic from the start, they agreed to work with the Legion for a while before joining the rebellion (there was a constant effort to recruit people and get them out of town before the raid, after all), they believed in Elisande, but made peace with Thalyssra after she was defeated, or they developed an addiction to fel magic as civilians during the Legion's occupation of Suramar and stuck with this school of magic when they decided to become adventurers later.

Zandalari monks are dodgy, but Ji Firepaw is there on the Horde ship (on top of the mast), stating his intention to go out and punch some dinosaurs, so maybe he traveled around the island off-screen and recruited some trainees during the first half of BFA. Ma'ara Grimfang is also a notable presence in the Battle for Dazar'alor; she might have inspired a few Zandalari to follow that path, though she herself is a bit of a strange choice, being a Mag'har orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I think the Horde have shown more than a few times that they'll let anyone who was against them join them without much of an issue. High Elves were apart of the Alliance for forever and as soon as they were ready to switch sides the Horde was like "cool, we have elves now." That's kind of what makes the Horde, the Horde.
    Agreed. Same for forsaken. They at some point wanted everyone dead. But the horde being the horde, let them stay, regardless of wanting "every living dead".
    One of the reasons i love horde and even with so much betrayals i still love this faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Agreed. Same for forsaken. They at some point wanted everyone dead. But the horde being the horde, let them stay, regardless of wanting "every living dead".
    One of the reasons i love horde and even with so much betrayals i still love this faction.
    Well, that was supposed to be a specific sect of the Forsaken. The new plague that stemmed from the Wrath event in BC had finally perfected the ultimate plague that destroyed not only the living, but the Scourge which was a culmination of the Forsaken quest line from Vanilla. Sylvanas claimed she didn't know about the plague at the time and Varimathras had also betrayed her.

Which in fairness, when Garrosh took over, he did let the Forsaken stay despite heavily distrusting them. Which is again reflected in the BFA story line of the Forsaken Elite Guard and loyalists being allowed to stay in the Horde as Sylvanas had used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, you act like the Vulpera has more than like 10 quests worth of lore.

There's no precedent for most of the classes other than Rogue and Warrior and Hunter.
    More or less this. Vulpera Lore pretty much started in BFA. If you want to be picky about Vulpera warlock you can make that argument about every other class Vulpera can be but Rogues and maybe Hunters.

Why not, an extra heal wont hurt in PVP haha