Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moldevort View Post
    Almost every product we consume today it's manufactured in China. We know why it's so cheap and still we don't say / don't care shit about it.

And now everyone rushes to boycot Blizzard cause they fired someone who didn't abided to the rules he signed to follow to participate in a tournament.

Just standard internet hypocrisy, nothing to watch here. Move along.
    Yeah. I understand the sentiment but it's kind of disgusting how many people are tweeting and posting about this from their iPhones.

-we-.
    you, there is no "we" in this situation.
    i don't own no iphone or anything else licensed to cheap low-quality Chinese slave-labor factories to produce, speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    you, there is no "we" in this situation.
    i don't own no iphone or anything else licensed to cheap low-quality Chinese slave-labor factories to produce, speak for yourself.
    What ever you're posting on is made in china.

To live a chinese free lifestyle you basically have to be naked in a tree or a cave.

What a great timing for Blizzard so close to Blizzcon. Hope this gets questioned at the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What ever you're posting on is made in china.

To live a chinese free lifestyle you basically have to be naked in a tree or a cave.
    so you claim, facts are that products can be banned by law.

Oh cool the thread has gotten to the point posters are unironically being this dude

MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

so you claim, facts are that products can be banned by law.
    That's all well and good, but if you ban everything from China today, tomrrow every shelf would be empty for years. It's not about being moral right now it's a fact of life. Everything we use, everything we have is made in China or some other despotic place.

You simply can't post on the internet without something in the hardware coming from mainland China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every product we consume today it's manufactured in China. We know why it's so cheap and still we don't say / don't care shit about it.

And now everyone rushes to boycot Blizzard cause they fired someone who didn't abided to the rules he signed to follow to participate in a tournament.

Personaly i wish it wasnt. And most stuff china produces is very very bad quality. When possible i always buy local or from any other country than china.
    Their trash barely lasts a year, so its better to pay extra for a better quality and not to mention is better for your economy to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Oh cool the thread has gotten to the point posters are unironically being this dude

-snip-
    let them be ignorant, it makes all the more enjoyable to watch them come to the realization that they're not as smart or as popular as they think they are.

yup nothing new here. People blowing crap out of proportion and he knew what the repercussions would be in a post interview so he obviously didnt care about losing the prize money. he shouldn't have put blizzard in a position where they could lose all access to china because one player decided to break the rules, its that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Personaly i wish it wasnt. And most stuff china produces is very very bad quality. When possible i always buy local or from any other country than china.
    Their trash barely lasts a year, so its better to pay extra for a better quality and not to mention is better for your economy to.
    then, if you're a united states citizen i ask you write your state's senator and congressman and ask that trade with china be halted, not just for this pathetic game but the environment, human rights, and the state sovereignty of countries that the communist state has conquered and subjugated since taking over china and murdering over 30 million in less then half a decade.

Fuck blizzard. Every time I think I can't possibly despise this shitty company any more -- they prove me wrong.

Has nothing to do with Hypocrisy and I already covered this at the start of the thread.

People (as in adults) need cell phones that is a fact, Its to deal with jobs and daily life. That is something we can not control at all. What we don't need is Activision-Blizzard Products.

It is MUCH easier to boycott a company when that company's product is optional.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzard love bashing themselves right around blizzcon time don;t they.... Those Q&A sessions are gonna be mighty juicy come Blizzcon
    Their decisionmaking has the worst timing. The D:Immortal debacle from last year will be an afterthought compared to the shit they're getting this year. Expect Q&As to be super controlled and limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Their decisionmaking has the worst timing. The D:Immortal debacle from last year will be an afterthought compared to the shit they're getting this year. Expect Q&As to be super controlled and limited.
    Honestly good. The devs who had no decision making in this should be hounded by it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeknightX View Post
    C-Those who naively think that Blizz. could/should have stood up for him.....man I would love to see that dreamland you live in....might as well believe apple/google/EVERY OTHER CORP. doing in businesses in/with china should stand up for every nitty gritty personal belief or social injustice....that is not how reality works, no one will drop a billion dollar business for a random...
    If every corporation dropped China the whole country would implode in a year.

The most pointless thing about greed is that he who dies with the most toys is still dead. The pursuit of wealth is idiotic at best.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    If every corporation dropped China the whole country would implode in a year.

The most pointless thing about greed is that he who dies with the most toys is still dead. The pursuit of wealth is idiotic at best.
    i love how these arm-chair economists forget about the value of brand recognition.
    they don't get that by doing this shit blizzard is very likely to be losing future sales which effects the value of their stock as investors invest for future returns, so if they've gone and ruined their brand so badly no one wants to buy their games it's unlikely their stock value will be worth buying into.

i love how these arm-chair economists forget about the value of brand recognition.
    they don't get that by doing this shit blizzard is very likely to be losing future sales which effects the value of their stock as investors invest for future returns, so if they've gone and ruined their brand so badly no one wants to buy their games it's unlikely their stock value will be worth buying into.
    The problem is that the Blizzard haters vocalize far stronger than any other group. This right here is just but another reason to hop on the Blizzard hate train, and we're really in an echo-chamber.

The reality is the majority of the playerbase still comes from China. So if you're talking about wanting to make their stock value drop, then the best way to do it is have Blizzard vocalize support for HK and have them distance themselves from China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Has nothing to do with Hypocrisy and I already covered this at the start of the thread.

People (as in adults) need cell phones that is a fact, Its to deal with jobs and daily life. That is something we can not control at all. What we don't need is Activision-Blizzard Products.

It is MUCH easier to boycott a company when that company's product is optional.
    Eh, just buy a Samsung, Sony or LG phone, they already cut their factories in china (well, LG never had one in there). South Korea/India, Thailand and Vietnam respectively. Most things are made in other countries however. NANDs are South Korea or US mainly. CPU from Taiwan or South Korea. Display, South Korea or Japan (very rarely these days). Camera sensors / lenses, Japan or South Korea. Unsure where the PCBs are from, I know India makes some. A lot of the South Korea is Samsung btw.