10+ Year Old Account

For the Alliance?

Hello guys and gals,

how is the raiding, M+ and PvP community at the moment on the side of the Alliance? For years I have been playing Horde and I just need some fresh wind and want to level me an Alliance alt.

I hope there are some people left on the Alliance side nowadays

Of course there are people, just pick a server with heavy alliance presence and go with it.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Hello guys and gals,

how is the raiding, M+ and PvP community at the moment on the side of the Alliance? For years I have been playing Horde and I just need some fresh wind and want to level me an Alliance alt.

Do yourself a favour then and pick a German server, EU English Alliance is dead, I played EU Alliance and half the time had to join German groups from Antonidas or Blackmoore while pugging m+ or raids. I'd swear I got invited to more German than English groups.

Anyway you will feel it in world pvp, bgs or m+ that the playerbase is much weaker than horde side (both numbers and the amount of organized players).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Do yourself a favour then and pick a German server, EU English Alliance is dead, I played EU Alliance and half the time had to join German groups from Antonidas or Blackmoore while pugging m+ or raids. I'd swear I got invited to more German than English groups.

Anyway you will feel it in world pvp, bgs or m+ that the playerbase is much weaker than horde side (both numbers and the amount of organized players).
    Oh wow, this is something new, would never thought of german servers would be more than english since I am playing on Kazzak since MoP. Thanks for the information mate

Oh wow, this is something new, would never thought of german servers would be more than english since I am playing on Kazzak since MoP.
    Yep, Horde is going strong, Kazzak / Tarren Mill / Twisting Nether / Draenor are full and lively. Meanwhile last Alliance dominated servers, Ravencrest & Silvermoon seen several guilds disband / go horde in the recent years and I've heard from players who focus on m+ that it's much harder to find high key groups on Alliance. To get battle of Nazjatar wins people were fishing for Russian shards because there it's a bit more Alliance so there are some winning shards.

Mid tier content is puggable, but there are less groups, so if you pug hc for example you should do it at a time most people play, at odd hours it takes ages to find replacements. It was surprising for me how often I saw German groups (usually they say "twink run" or "NHC" in title and only Germans use that).

There are Russians too, but they usually don't speak English so I rarely joined these. Same with French, they are kinda... hermetic for a lack of better expression.

I don't even know if Antonidas or Blackmoore are the biggest German servers but that's what I usually saw on people's nameplates.

BG queues are faster because Horde is basically throttled by the amount of Alliance, however the win rates are usually worse than Horde side, it was evened out when all the Hordes were queuing as merc for extra honor when grinding essences, but that ship has sailed (most people finished essences long ago and also merc honor got nerfed).

Pugging low m+ keys or Mechagon is usually full of awful players, but I'm not even sure if that's better horde side, or just general plight of pugging "accessible" content.

If you do low tier pve content like daily hc, islands, world bosses, you won't notice any issue. World pvp though most shards are Horde dominated in Mechagon and Nazjatar (very few people are still in the old zones, so there it doesn't matter as much). Getting "3 rares in Mechagon" is definitely easier with WM off otherwise you'll see all rares spawn camped by Horde, and if they don't kill you, they'll definitely deny you tag on any mobs. WM off tags are shared though, so both factions can kill the same rare. Plus I rarely see Horde with WM off anyway, it feels they're all in WM on shards.

Trade chat on my server was 90% boost sell spam & guild recruitment spam. I don't know if it's the same everywhere though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be a bleeding edge player, stay Horde. Racial imbalance from several expansions ago has led to basically every cutting-edge guild being Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Come to the Argent Dawn my friend!

We have pandas, more pandas, a lot of pandas, and a few worgen!

And a hell lot of gnomes!

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine a resurgence of Alliance players coming back to BfA with the addition of playable Mechagnomes.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using https://realmpop.com/eu.html Shows that Silvermoon has a 15:1 Alliance ratio. Maybe try there.

Oh wow, this is something new, would never thought of german servers would be more than english since I am playing on Kazzak since MoP. Thanks for the information mate
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...ction=ALLIANCE

Might be a good idea to learn Russian. From the looks of it Gordunni is by FAR the most active european raiding server for the Alliance.

Edit:
    Personally, i would probably go with Silvermoon. It's the biggest server with an extremely active AH and obviously some raiding going on as well. The sheer mass of players there means you will probably always find people to do something.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-10-08 at 06:50 PM.

Hello guys and gals,

on dalaran in my guild on mythic sunday/monday we run 4-5 groups at a time so pretty good i would say lol

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    I imagine a resurgence of Alliance players coming back to BfA with the addition of playable Mechagnomes.
    As if Gnomes weren't already one of the most unpopular races... So far I think the only really successful allied race on alliance were void elves, and no wonder, they're a reskin of the most popular wow race, so lore be damned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you want to be a bleeding edge player, stay Horde. Racial imbalance from several expansions ago has led to basically every cutting-edge guild being Horde.
    Nah I had my progress 6 days a week time at the release of MoP, I am just playing casual now because of job and family