Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    new wotlk server gonna drop soon, and the patch offers another mandatory grind.

Will get my aotc and unsub probably

I barely play retail longer than 10 minutes a day before I go to Classic. I'll probably do all the story content for 8.3 and then its just the same routine.

i think the point "the retail defense squad" tend to miss out on is that people who prefer older expansions and play them like it the way it is... retail always changes.
    that can be quite problematic for someone who likes the new stuff but don't feel like they get proper representation.
    being a die hard fan of current wow is way harder than being a fan of past iterations.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

They currently drop currency to buy fairly decent gear so they are probably expected to be a progression path for solo players.
    zzzzz why do I need gear in this game give me real rewards
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The opposite. It's re-invigorated my want to play WoW.
    Yeah, I like what I see with 8.3

8.2 and 8.2.5, not so much, but I'm actually interested in trying out the new stuff with 8.3
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    But I'd only log on, try that, then log off and go back to classic.
    Dude, no one cares

Nothing to come back for, end expansion patchs are always bad, especially if the expansion itself is bad.

i dont think will be coming back actively to new patch like i used to in other patches, and i feel that after i finish my robe of archmage am going to take a break from classic too, got epic mount, tested raids, farmed bis on dungeons and now just farming gold; not that much fun anymore. Might come back on other phases or level an alt next month if i feel like it, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    If something has to be grinded and then you collect it, I'm not doing it and that is not content.

Making someone pick up marbles and put them into a jar across the room for a shoe lace, that 5 months later will become a shoe, is not meaningful content. Step back and ask yourself if you're just mindlessly swallowing everything Blizzard puts in front of you.
    It seems you might be playing the wrong genre, fam. Everything related to MMOs are a grind. That's the way WoW has been since 2004. It's ok to not play a game you don't like it.

For me, and many others, 8.3 is looking great. Can't wait for it.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    The patch doesn't make any class changes, therefore, it is bad. Unless the patch magically unscrews the talent trees and suddenly adds depth to them outside of AP grinding, then I'm not coming back to retail. I'm not grinding a legendary cloak, I'm not grinding a 5th, 6th, 7th essence slot, I'm not grinding rep for another allied race, flying and I'm not grinding this dumb ass shit anymore.

Just release dungeons and raids for me to do and give the classes depth. Stop adding mounts and mount quests and 9999 miscellaneous crap things to collect, it's very simple.
    All this problems start at the core of the game... Gameplay which has been terrible this expansion that's why I don't even ask why people don't come back.. Plus the whole grinding is getting repetitive at this stage.

Blizzard as a company is too far gone. The only thing they ddid right was Classic . There is no creativity left there , because Activision sucked the life out of Blizzard
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I like mechagnomes enough that I might come back for a little while. Allied races are just about the one thing that keep me playing.

But for the story? The raid content? Nah. Nothing has changed enough to make me enjoy the game. Maybe someday Blizzard will get their shit together with the story, but right now, this is just interesting enough for me to play through once or twice and never touch again as far as raids go. Though who knows, maybe they'll give us compelling reasons to play the raid and make the raid exceptionally fun to play through... but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I haven't looked into the mechanics changes in details, but I haven't seen anything that I care about, even slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Blizzard as a company is too far gone. The only thing they ddid right was Classic . There is no creativity left there , because Activision sucked the life out of Blizzard
    Uh, what? I assume you mean it's the only thing they've done recently that was right. Even the most hardcore haters of Activision and Blizzard will admit WotLK and TBC were good expansions for their time.

Definitely for BFA's life Classic was the only unanimously good decision they've made. BFA isn't bad, it's just that for every reason that something might be good about it, there are 10 more reasons why it is bad. Allied races are interesting, but slapping them behind rep walls isn't compelling content. Especially the first four which are locked behind past expansion content that no one touches anymore except for that purpose. It's just bad design.

If people are not playing content because it's fun, and are instead playing content because they arbitrarily need to grind it to unlock content they want to play, they are going to get burned out. Fast. They should have learned that in Mists of Pandaria. Exact same story for Pathfinder, but I will hold off on that for this reply.

Their creativity in terms of the story is definitely lacking, but the problem is not as much with their lack of creativity but their lack of direction. Kul Tiras and Zandalar are both amazing zones, filled to the brim with compelling, interesting content. But the Faction War felt forced, felt bad, and in general ruined what little in the expansion felt good because it was the overwhelming story. In the process, they have ruined a few characters people care about. Sylvanas being a big one, obviously, but she's hardly the only victim.

Well, I don't think WoW is doomed or cannot recover. Legion proved that Blizzard can make a decent story, if not a great one, and make a compelling game if they really want to. Blizzard makes a lot of mistakes but at the very least, Blizzard usually learns from them and doesn't repeat them. Sometimes they go to opposite extremes and make even worse mistakes, and if something works they may experiment with new ideas too much for their own good, but they don't keep doing the same thing if it is unanimously hated.

Take Artifact power. Artifacts were fun, but people disliked grinding power. They made the power grinding a little better in BFA, but made the BFA artifact complete trash along with the Azerite armor nonsense. I would be surprised if they tried artifact power in any form for a third time because it's just bad. On the other hand, the overwhelming amount of busywork in Garrisons overwhelmed players, so they cut down all of the crap people hated about it, and kept simple, fun versions in the order halls. It felt good. Hell, even the BFA version of these missions are okay, if a bit underwhelming. I don't doubt but that we'll see them again.

The story is the real question here, though. Can they create a new, compelling story? Or have the burned out all of the interesting concepts WoW could ever have, now? I am curious to find out, and while BFA has severely disappointed me, I'm interested to see what they plan to do in response to how people feel about BFA this coming Blizzcon.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-10 at 09:23 PM. Reason: double post, lol

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    BS, I don't play "retail" (actively) since the BfA prepatch and have little to no desire to come back.
    However I play and quite enjoy both classic and WotLK, sure they are not perfect not not so batsht crazy like Legion/BfA shtshow.
    At least classes don't feel so hollow and I ain't "forced" to log in daily to so some boring sht I have done plenty before.
    Exactly my point, you have outgrown the new version of the game, but this is your game now - M+ Seasons, Raiding., PvP Seasons.

Haven't left. While I'm not excited for the raid so much, I do plan to roll up a Vulpera hunter but, I'm interested in taking part in the horrific visions stuff, I think the invasion style things will get old quickly though, just hope they have some cool rewards to come from it, dont wanna miss out on those.

So far, no. I went to ffxiv and the new patch dropped. New story, new armor transmog that makes me look like raiden from metal gear. New raid, new dungeon. All of which is more interesting to me than wow. Ill probably come back for the expac. At least for a bit. I really like wow still but its not as fun as it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet, but 95% certain I wont. Might login sometime around easter holidays (if Im not going to see my family), but other than that, I dont have any high interest about it
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll check out 8.3 for the new seasonal affix.
    Last edited by Zka; 2019-11-01 at 05:56 PM.

No. A single raid is not a content update. Not to mention killing off N'zoth in an expansion not even about him or the black empire is entirely disrespectful to the writers that set up his story in Cataclysm and has since been fired and replaced. As well as greatly disrespectful to the fans of the lore.

What an absolute fucking joke of a patch.

Not returning.

Probably won't if the next expac doesn't knock my socks off (holding my breath...).

Patiently playing Classic, waiting for TBC servers.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    Exactly my point, you have outgrown the new version of the game, but this is your game now - M+ Seasons, Raiding., PvP Seasons.
    I'd say that quite opposite, I stayed where I was, its WoW that went to... places.