Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    There are a great deal of raw materials floating around space. The trick is obviously getting to them and transporting them somewhere for fabrication (or transporting fabricated products to their final destination). Even if there aren't aliens to fuck/conquer we'll do just fine setting up colonies and then fucking/conquering other humans.
    You say that, but you're not saying who has the desire to take the risk and invest.
    Too much piss-poor rhetoric being tossed around.

Reality check:
    Is it happening now?
    No.
    Don't expect anything later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You say that, but you're not saying who has the desire to take the risk and invest.

Reality check:
    Is it happening now?
    No.
    "If something isn't happening now then don't expect it later". That doesn't make any sense. Unless civilization collapses then one of the only things you can expect is that there will be new happenings in the future.

Common sense rarely makes a dent in anyone that replaces such with simple beliefs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Reality check:
    Is it happening now?
    No.
    That's not up to your usual intelligent discourse.

Assuming it won't happen in the future because it isn't happening now isn't necessarily a logical fallacy, but it's certainly ignoring most of human history. Plus, it is happening now. SpaceX and Blue Origin along with others are pushing towards that goal.

Reality check:
    Is it happening now?
    No.
    So why are we not still single-celled organisms?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So why are we not still single-celled organisms?
    Confusing evolution with technology.
    While the former is indeed the thread...the actual point was about progressive technology.

And we've likely evolved to a point where we are our own worst enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same folks who sent idiots like Christopher Columbus across the sea: the rich and the powerful.

Jesus fucking christ.

Reality check:
    Is it happening now?
    No.
    Ok so because something isn't happening right fucking now it means it's never gonna happen?

Goddamn that's fucking stupid.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Show me what you know...o right, you can't.

I have always believed that we will reach the stars. Unfortunetaly, no one here is going to see that, though.

Hey, I once had a similar belief. I thought "Tomorrowland" was going to be real in my lifetime. The young sci-fi books I once read "Danny Dunn," "Tom Swift," were my heroes. Got older and reality kicked my disillusioned ass into cynicism.

Yes it is, considering the fermi paradox, I strongly doubt there are any technological civilizations within 1 billion lightyears from us. The universe is ours for the taking.