Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The people who hate him hate Thrall just as much. These two represent the antithesis of Warcraft; characters who are willing to put aside the bloody history for less future bloodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    who was the strategic brain behind the Burning of Teldrassil
    Gunna need a source for this one

I don't, I think he is fine, I think people are just scape goating him because they do not like the overall plot or what that one female writer wrote so feel the need to keep memeing it like the frothing fucktards that they are.

Also Horde has way less population than Alliance, baffles me you thought for even a moment it was 3 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    How so? Can I get an example on any of his writing that is bad now that isn't logically consistent with how he's been since MoP?
    He's been portrayed as morally incorruptible for someone he's age--what is he, a young man of 18, 19 years old of impeccable moral fiber? He's made incapable in combat to overcompensate for his unshakeable demeanor and faith that everything will work out in the end--and it has. What is the character's journey? Is it complete If he does tomorrow, what did he not learn? He's already more mature and capable of making the right decision in every situation, more so than any of his seasoned fellow racial leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    In the current times, the Horde is the most dominant force in Azeroth, by quite a long margin. Not only do we have the most land and capitals, but the Alliance has recently lost a large amount of its population and a major landmark.
    How did alliance lost a large amount of its population? Teldrassil? I doubt many of the night elves lived there. The tree was like 20 years old only? I think most of the population, living in the forests for millenia didn't suddenly move there.

How does the horde have most capitals? Alliance lost Teldrassil, Horde lost Undercity.
    Last edited by procne; 2019-10-09 at 11:53 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    How can you write stuff like this and just simply not know the story? Anduin's story arc all of legion and BFA has been him coming to terms with the fact the idealistic view of the world he had when sheltered by Varian isn't possible - have you not stop to think why he went from a pacifist, fairly weak unimposing individual during Legion to the Priest/Warrior hybrid we see today?

Because he has changed, he knew he had to be prepared to defend his people, as he said in his 7.2 questline - a Wrynn stands with his soldiers.

I just don't understand how you can expect to say his story has developed and he hasn't had a journey - if you've been paying even a tiny bit of attention to his story, it's obvious he has
    So his story was, he was a sheltered boy who came from nobility, his dad died, and he realized the world isn't rainbows and lollipops? And now he stands as a beacon of incorruptible demeanor whose maturity level far exceeds a ten thousand year-old elf, an Octogenarian werewolf and a millennia-old prophet who he himself, has gone through a crisis of faith? Yet not the young king, no. He is able to persuade even his enemies to come to the table to break bread. I'm not trying to advocate for the edge lords who yearn for a warmongering Horde led by the Garrosh's and Sylvanas' of the world, but if you think Anduin's characterization isn't flawed then you need to take a writing work shop on story-telling 101.

When Anduin's maturity and wisdom supersedes that of his peers who all should be counseling him, and not vice-versa, as a king this young, what does he have to learn? You spoke so much of his youth as if he's gone through so much. Has he seen bad things? Yes. Has he been sheltered, as you pointed out? Yes, he has. The worst thing that happened to him physically was a bell fell on him. Given the world he lives in, even for a noble, that's not bad. And yet, as little action as he's seen compared to others, he somehow possesses a moral compass incomparable with anyone even beyond him.

And yet this is a character you can relate to, and find intriguing to see where he goes, and what he does next when he's a reactionary character, and not pro-active? It's not like Blizzard wrote Varian Wrynn so excellently it raised the bar high, but the difference is, Varian Wrynn wasn't inserted as a plot resolution to every conflict, and he wasn't shoved into every major scene as a pacifist trying to diffuse every thing wrong going on in the world. He's practically World Shaman Thrall with the volume turned all the way to 11. The only difference is, once the world was saved, THRALL WENT AWAY.

it's just insecure guys who think masculinity is measured by how emotionally warped someone is
    damn I agree with bennett?
    change can't wait.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    People hate Anduin because he is the amalgamation of the devs hate for the Alliance. He is the embodiement of the devs desire to make Alliance dumb losers.
    I don't agree with some of the stuff you've written but this part... yeah, actually. He's the representation of everything the Alliance isn't and doesn't want to be but the devs keep pushing on us so they can more easily develop their horde storylines. Which incidentally are everything the horde doesn't want.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Look at the Lordaeron cinematic

He does has faults, he himself admits this
    Someone must die, for Anduin to abandon that "Light"(to turn him 100% morally grey) and go full Varian with plate armor he has its pretty easy.
    Once he gonna be rough AKA Die Hard in nakatomi plaza (feet covered in blood) people would LOVE HIM.

Player base 60%+ DD mains ....... they cant relate to PRIEST support character, like Anduin is now.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-10-10 at 12:28 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But he never has to go through the consequences of those flaws, which thus remain on a purely discursive level, without affecting him in the slightest.

In this case, it's the NEs who have taken the blunt of the consequences of Anduin's mistakes. Yet everyone in the Alliance talks of him like the best thing since sliced bread, with the exception of Tyrande - and she's now "consumed by vengeance". We all know what that may entail.
    It’s not Anduin’s fault Sylvanas decided to torch Teldrassil. She wanted to show some random NE that there was no hope left. What did Anduin do wrong? Not commit a bunch of forces to blighted land when Tyrande asked him to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It's nice to see a character who is something different than the angry warmongers. I am glad to see the game evolve to something new and different.
    Anduin has really grown on me during this campaign. So refreshing to see a different perspective on how male leaders can act.
    change can't wait.

He’s an old god pawn, how can you not see this OP.
    Only Sylvanas can save us.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It’s not Anduin’s fault Sylvanas decided to torch Teldrassil. She wanted to show some random NE that there was no hope left. What did Anduin do wrong? Not commit a bunch of forces to blighted land when Tyrande asked him to?
    Too bad that Anduin isn't in a position to provide military relief to an ally in distress... O wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It's not about him it's about his writing

Who gave a shit about him when Varian was King?

He's the guy who gets squashed by a giant Bell and instead of dying he gains a superpower and now he feels pain whenever any of his actions would be considered malicious.

Literal fanfiction.

Hey my character is super cool, I bet I can write a way that would make him always do what I consider right by my moral compass....but what can I do....

Which is what you would expect from a writer who puts his face in her Twitter avatar or Twitter background, as she has done. Or she criticizes/mocks Garrosh for "embodying toxing masculinity" and praises bald-Thrall/Anduin for being these soft, loving "sweet sons in an era of angry men",

She's a tumblr extremist fetishizing about a soyboy schooling all these rude chads.

The framing of everything he does is put in a good light and starts with the preconceived notion that "he's the good guy of the story!"

One of the latest cinematics has Genn reassuring him that the war has kept going on because they needed to "stop her".

Sylvanas burns Teldrassil.

Anduin sieges Undercity and it becomes inhabitable and deserted.

Then he destroyed the Zandalari fleet

Then raided and razed Dazar'alor while killing civilians and executing their King.

The war is going on "because we need to stop her" .....? Hello? He has been on the offensive against the Horde far more than what Sylvanas actually did this expansion, but he's still being framed as some sort of stoic hero in a reluctant defensive war against a big evil.

He's the one who plans to instigate a civil war inside the Forsaken by using Calia as revolt-bait, and lures Sylvanas in under the pretense of a "Peace meeting, to show how much our people have in common!"

Only to have her reveal herself, in front of Sylvanas, and openly ask for defections in the Forsaken ranks.

He's LITERALLY asked about "but what about all the civilians that would die in the civil war if the plan works?" and the way he is made to cope with that is "whatever lol".

Oh by the way the baddie of that story was obviously Sylvanas for deciding to kill anyone there. Anduin dindu nuffin.

[some] people have had enough of Lawful Good parodies that repeat the same things like a broken record

HONOR JUSTICE RETRIBUTION FAITH LIGHT PEACE FREEDOM HONOR

because he is written Chris Golden level of terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    A HORDE GENERAL WHO WAS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GENOCIDE OF THE KALDOREI!
    People keep saying this and I have no idea where it's coming from. Sylvanas burns Teldrassil on a whim and Saurfang reprimands her minutes later. Where was his intent shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    People keep saying this and I have no idea where it's coming from. Sylvanas burns Teldrassil on a whim and Saurfang reprimands her minutes later. Where was his intent shown?
    Saurfang was the one that created the plan for assaulting Kalimdor. That's probably why people include Teldrassil even if it's not totally accurate
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Saurfang was the one that created the plan for assaulting Kalimdor. That's probably why people include Teldrassil even if it's not totally accurate
    Yeah uh, that's a bit of a stretch. Indirectly responsible at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Sylvanas didn't burn down Teldrassil, the Horde did. Saurfang has never once lamented the genocide committed under his leadership only the tactics used to achieve it. He is singularly the most responsible person for Darnassus behind Sylvanas but they are both definitively war criminals.
    You're actually using Saurfang's past in a scenario it has nothing to do with. Saurfang accepted death at Sylvanas' hands because of his past actions. It has nothing to do with being blamable for something Sylvanas herself does with no prior warning or intent.

I suppose the first clue of your heavy alliance bias was unironically calling the nelves kaldorei lmao

There's nothing irrational about hating Anduin. He's a terrible character that ruins the story and other characters around him.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaW View Post
    He's basically Christie Golden's pet to push her agenda against your "typical" male.

https://twitter.com/christiegolden/s...12328479260672

Just watch, sooner or later, everyone (Alliance or Horde) will "understand" and follow Anduin's way as he slay the toxic male character (probably Horde) of Warcraft.
    The Alliance has been acting Stupid Good long before they hired Golden. Anduin has been a naive cuckold for the Horde since the comic series, though at least back then that could be excused as him being a dumb kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Ya know, after reading this it made me realize. Horde and alliance have kind of swapped ... Alliance was a coalition while the Horde had a Warchief. Now Horde is ruled by a council and Alliance has a High King. o.0
    That's how consistent the writing has been. It is such a pity.