Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    First time seeing this new method of gold sellers advertising... spamming channel invites with their website name for said channel. Even blocking invites it'll show the invite attempt showing the advertising still...

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    careful what you wish for, wow token sounds good on paper, but it has bad side effects.
    in a perfect world there would be no way to buy gold, at all.

the wow token has made retail indirectly pay to win, legally.
    not only can you can pay your way to boosts.
    you can also get pretty geared from BoEs + crafted gear. method spend over 100million gold, just on gear, in the first week of the eternal palace raid race,.
    you can pay your way to gain rep with some factions.
    it causes gold inflation, consumables become overpriced, making it almost impossible to have the funds to min/max your character. unless you spend tons of hours on gold farming, or tons of irl money on wow tokens.
    i know many friends and guildies who buy 10 tokens every month, just to be able to raid at a high level.

blizzard is rolling in their big pile of money, created by the golden goose, wow token.

EDIT: actually, method was in 100million gold debt, after the race, god only knows how much they actually spend.
    Again with this Method and other 0.01% playerbase argument Because 50 people do this, rest of the millions need to suffer!

If you're complaining because they're are sending whispers or inviting you to new channels, wait until it starts falling gnomes in SW/IF and forms words for a few moments.

From what I've read, I don't think it'll work like it used to work back in the days, because skeletons do not stay on the ground as much time as it used to stay.
    | Realm First Monk | Battle of Azeroth Alpha Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    Again with this Method and other 0.01% playerbase argument Because 50 people do this, rest of the millions need to suffer!
    What hurts more? Witnessing an ad or a whale ignoring you if not laughing at you from up on their high horse?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    its crazy when people make these kinds of arguments when something like WoW Token would help so many people even if they do not wish to take part in the WoW Token system

no proof but i have a big hunch that most of the auction house bots on my severs are being run by people that sell gold

i try to go around messaging other players letting them know they are using the auction house incorrectly there are so many people who only put a buyout price and no bid price zzzz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Originally i thought the token would be good in classic, but not anymore. if tokens come in, this means prices for boosts later on will be extremely high and only achievable with tokens. so it would be better if players can buy boosts through aq40/naxx for lower amounts so its affordable for more people than having to buy tokens.
    most people who sell boosts on retail are after real life money not just gold its very annoying i dont think the WoW Token has much to do with all that spam

ive always hopped Blizzard would add quests that are set up by players for example you list a quest to kill X boss and put a gold reward for getting the kill for that X boss the gold would be placed into the quest system sitting there "proof" the money exists and gold will be transferred apon the quest being completed

the system would be set up by players who are looking to buy carries or items so their would no longer be a reason for anyone trying to sell a carry filling up chat channels with spam
    Last edited by Daish; 2019-10-18 at 03:28 PM.