Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because I've been playing this game for 15 years and there's nothing new for me to learn/see. I'm one of the few people who lived the true classic experience from day one, and this is nothing like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    Why would you play this game the retail way ? I thought the point was to not treat it like retail. Aren't you denying yourself a more authentic experience ?
    Questing addons have existed since 2005. This isn't "the retail way" so much as it is "how the game has always been". The only time I leveled without a questing addon was my very first character back in early 2005. It took me about 5 months. I don't really have the patience to do that again.

Why would you play this game the retail way ? I thought the point was to not treat it like retail. Aren't you denying yourself a more authentic experience ?
    Easy, playing it the way I prefer to play this game. Not interested in floundering around trying to solve some quest - Generally will just instantly look up on wowhead anything i'm unsure of that's a bit ambiguous.

I started playing in BC so didn't play vanilla, so classics pretty much what I make of it, making up my own way to play on the spot. Likely going to follow a similar trend to how I play retail since I still actively play retail and have no intention of stopping my characters in my signature.

Classic have a 60 mage, a few MC clears under my belt so far, even picked up T1 legs last night ^^

A question towards all those people playing classic and basically using Joanna's guide or questie or something along the lines of sheer content burning mods.

Why?

I came back to classic to enjoy the vastness of a world, hang out in chat, level up and do some raiding, PvP. Now I notice blizzard already backing down on earlier statements by releasing dire maul earlier.

I bet you are one of those guys who dont use addons and are constantly asking in /1 where the quest mob is.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmondil View Post
    Diferent people enjoy diferent things, some would like to go straight and as fast as possible to do lvl 60 activities... otherss enjoy lvling and the immersion it offers... etc...
    It's mind boggling to me that so many people don't seem to get this. Wait everyone doesn't like the exact same things as me? waaa??

3+ Year Old Account
    A question towards all those people playing classic and basically using Joanna's guide or questie or something along the lines of sheer content burning mods.

Why?

I came back to classic to enjoy the vastness of a world, hang out in chat, level up and do some raiding, PvP. Now I notice blizzard already backing down on earlier statements by releasing dire maul earlier.

Even if it's "more authentic" it's still not authentic mostly because people have changed. I don't use questie but I do look on wowhead to get the badly designed quests done in a respectable amount of time, I understand why people would use it and why some don't want to use it. Some people don't play this trying to get the most authentic experience, they just ride the hype train and follow the trend without actually wanting to play this but they still have the mentality that WoW is a life style and not a game so insetad of playing something else they just eat more of what they don't even enjoy.

There's no low level quest tracking in the default UI. D: I use Questie to make sure I don't miss anything. I already know most of the quests by heart, it's the go-to quests that were always a problem for me even back in vanilla and the add-on helps with that too. Plus the few I forgot about like the protect the sentinel one in far southern Darkshore.

I got Loremaster back when it was just the EK & Kalimdor categories and you had to do basically every quest on each continent (also why some of those go-to quests mattered). It's not like there's anything I haven't already done.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I tried to play without addons, but found I spent far too much time alt-tabbing to figure out where to go for a quest. So many of them just don't tell you what to do at all, or where to go. Gave in and figured If I'm spending so much time on wow-head reading comments I may aswell have an addon that tells me "look in this area".

Also as others have said, having ! on the mini map (or even the world map) is so much better, many of the quest givers are very hidden in side rooms of houses and such and very easy to miss.
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2019-10-10 at 11:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use Questie because I've done this content before and because there are a lot of quests hidden in obscure places that I haven't done but would like to.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

OP thinks quest helper addons are a retail thing.

How cute.

Back in the days we had thotbot ....
    And i was doing my quest route on sheet of paper at my job during lunch break and doing my quests the same evening
    This or Questie, same thing, less irritating

«Time change »

I done these quest many moons ago and just want to get to level 60 asap .....

I was using Thottbot during Vanilla. Questie is nearly the exact same thing but pasted over my map/minimap so I don't have to alt tab or look over at my other screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually did many quests in Classic with Wowhead, and I decided to try Questie because of this thread.

To make sure I don't miss any quests. I know how to do all of them but I don't know where to get all of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I already leveled two characters in vanilla to 60 and after the first one I was already using an in-game quest helper.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's awesome.

I like tracking more than five quests on my quest watch list at a time.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-10-11 at 09:16 AM.

Just because you didn't have the capacity to install addons back then, doesn't mean other people hadn't. Installing addons until your client nearly explodes is the vanilla way.

Because Quest Helper feature is the one of the best thing , which was added to World of Warcraft .
    btw . classic wow is not good expansion, i hope there will be TBC one, i love it.

Thanks to Yoni