Thread: Ny'alotha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I always expected Ny'alotha to be a patch zone somewhere. For example, it could be the one remaining chunk of the Black Empire from long ago, sunk below the sea or something. It is unfortunate that it is just a raid but its clear they did it because the level designers are all on 9.0 by now. They probably had to choose between nazjatar or ny'alotha. It is disappointing though because I know they could have made nazjatar a new continent not just a little zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    It's the same deal as Argus and Nazjatar. Both of them could have been full expansions but everyone would have gotten bored of both. My only criticism is that they should have been 2 content patches, instead of a single one
    At least Argus had the 3 zones. If Argus had gotten Ny'alotha'd, it'd just be Argus as a raid, and some Legion invasions on old zones in 7.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume the nature of how they handled things is why we got it. N'zoth attacking certain areas instead of well him being on a different planet. Weirdly enough Ny'alotha is some realm altogether. I'm disappointed there's new zone in Ny'alotha but we'll see how 8.3 in total when it releases. Considering how for some reason Yogg and C'thun are considered "defeated" and not deceased(Like Y'shaarj).

I hope Ny'alotha isn't forgotten.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Imagine a game released this year. You travel un top of an ancient whale to the middle of the ocean. You descend to the ocean floor and find ruins of a long lost civilization, made of stones that a míithril dagger can't even scratch. Deeper inside you find a city deep underwater with a technology far ahead your own, run by faceless giants who command magic you can't even dream of.

Yeah, for me things can't go more Lovecraftian than this.
    I am sorry but I just cannot really connect Ascians with Lovecraftian lore. They feel like nothing alike. It was a cool thing, Tempest, but it's so different than lovecraft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    If you look at the pattern of content releases, the final patch has almost always contained assets prepped for the next expansion before its launch. I don't think it's any mistake that this next patch contains no new world geometry but large amounts of Black Empire and Old God related doodads and widgets and environment art. This isn't the end of the Old God story, don't worry, it's just the beginning. These are only, after all, the Visions of N'zoth.
    I would love to see N'Zoth resurrect at least one of his fellow Old Gods, but 7.3 didn't add anything hinting at Zandalar or Kul Tiras.... Just references to Azerite, which has been larglely ignored this expansion other than as currency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I assume the nature of how they handled things is why we got it. N'zoth attacking certain areas instead of well him being on a different planet. Weirdly enough Ny'alotha is some realm altogether. I'm disappointed there's new zone in Ny'alotha but we'll see how 8.3 in total when it releases. Considering how for some reason Yogg and C'thun are considered "defeated" and not deceased(Like Y'shaarj).

I hope Ny'alotha isn't forgotten.
    The Minimap shows Ny'alotha gets a new zone-sized non-instanced area, it's just North of Nazjatar & isn't visitable yet

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    the minimap shows Ny'alotha gets a new zone-sized non-instanced area, it's just North of Nazjatar & isn't visitable yet
    Iirc that was an old draft of Nazjatar that was scrapped at some point during the development of 8.2
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The last patch of MoP had heavy orc themes leading into WoD.

The last patch of WoD had heavy fel themes leading into Legion.

The last patch of Legion had some Void themes in Mac'Aree and more faction war shenanigans in Silithus/Seething Shore, leading into BfA.

Chances are this will lead into the next expansion's base theme.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    To be quite honest, I'm a little over WQ hubs. Nazjatar bored me to tears. And it seems that from a cost/benefit perspective, it's just super inefficient to make something like Nazjatar. The zone events in Naz were a joke, and so all it became was yet another zone where you rush through repetitive WQs to get reward X. And for that you need a whole team of designers slaving away to create the landscape etc. Just so not worth it.

I'd rather have game modes that might be more interesting in repetition rather than some eye candy new zone that I don't want to be in because the content is boring.
    Bare in mind this will likely last 6-9 months minimum and it's not like we could have one or the other. 8.2 brought a new raid, two new zones and a massive dungeon. I think people are holding out hope these Visions will be decent content, trust me after a few hours of play testing them with different levels of the cloak you'll get very bored with them.

I'm personally dreading having to do this forced content to the point I'm watching the class changes very closely and then solely focusing on one character alone come 8.3 --> 9.0 because it really isn't as interesting as people are making out. The visions aren't difficult in terms of actual difficulty providing you are actually watching what's happening on the screen (not tried the skulls you can find) its just that your low rank cloak makes it punishing and will become easier as you level it.

Having a WQ hub is a new zone is decent for a good couple of weeks sure, Uldum / Vale of Eternal Blossom cycle through three various conflict zones which I'm assuming will change daily but it offers nothing but a bunch of 9.0 assets around and darkening the sky.
    Last edited by AidanJLowe; 2019-10-14 at 07:12 PM.

I have to admit - I was REALLY hoping we'd get a full old god/Black Empire expansion or even a new zone.

Alas... no. Raid looks fantastic though and hey... vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Iirc that was an old draft of Nazjatar that was scrapped at some point during the development of 8.2
    Yes, but it's back in 8.3's build so I don't think it was scrapped:

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it's back in 8.3's build so I don't think it was scrapped:
    Probably the raid entrance. Because N'yalotha isn't coming as an uninstanced zone in any capacity, as per Ion's vid.

Probably the raid entrance. Because N'yalotha isn't coming as an uninstanced zone in any capacity, as per Ion's vid.
    They add a landmass equally as big as Nazjatar for just a raid entrance? Sure

5+ Year Old Account
    They add a landmass equally as big as Nazjatar for just a raid entrance? Sure
    Then why Blizzard hasn't mentioned that supposed huge landmass even once? Imagine if 7.3 had been announced without a single reference to Argus...

Besides, the basic terrain for an open world zone might actually be here, for all we know. But it isn't exactly difficult to prevent players from accessing it if Devs don't want us to. And if the zone is barren, maybe even untextured, chances are they don't.

Edit: at least, not yet.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-10-14 at 09:35 PM.

We are going to see more old gods and fun void stuff next expansion

The reason I say this is because of the whispers

If you remember in legion we got a lot of whispers early and never knew what they were

Fast forward to the next expansion and we can see most if not all have become reality

Now if we look at the new whispers there is one specific line that tells me that we are not done with the OG

The five torches

They are the five dragonflights and as alexzstraza says in the next patch...the red dragonflight aren't enough to stop all of the invasions. They will find a way to restore their powers and that will be the return of the old gods

Also the new green dragon leader is totally going to become a tyrant

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why Blizzard hasn't mentioned that supposed huge landmass even once? Imagine if 7.3 had been announced without a single reference to Argus...

Besides, the basic terrain for an open world zone might actually be here, for all we know. But it isn't exactly difficult to prevent players from accessing it if Devs don't want us to. And if the zone is barren, maybe even untextured, chances are they don't.

Edit: at least, not yet.
    Possible but who knows really but my feelings on this haven't changed if there's no zone added I'll be disappointed but I'm still gonna enjoy the ride.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi