The peculiarity of YT comment bots

If you use Youtube, there is a very high probability you have seen this guy posting in the comments section of Youtube videos.

The weirdness is how this guy just appears within 1 minute since a video has been uploaded, makes a very general comment, and gets a shit ton of upvotes.

This dude SOMEHOW manages to appear out of nowhere almost as soon a video has been posted, as if he literally does nothing with his life all day but watch the Notification tab every second so he can jump into it.

Now I haven’t researched into this guy but he appears on all political channels with a significant following, but also on random channels as well, such as gaming channels that have nothing to do with politics, always among the very 1st commentators.

You will DEFINITELY see him on channels such as Tim Pool, Mark Dice or Steve Turley. Just hit the Top Comments, and he’s there with a shit ton of upvotes.

I called it out in the comments of some vids, and other people said „Yeah, I’m seeing this guy is everywhere, too”.

Also I could swear his name was slightly different.

Is this some Skynet shit going on?! Are there multiple people with multiple Youtube accounts all named a variation of this, and posting comments in random places?! Who is this guy?!

This is his Youtube channel. Nothing there but some completelty random shit, an he has 3k subs?! For what?! It feels like it’s some made-up profile so it’s not completely empty.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_...dlplsiaay8v1RQ

Edit: Even if that is his name, do not put slurs in the title of your OP.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-17 at 11:21 PM.

3k subs? Pft... my YouTube account has 160+ and I don't have a single video uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    If you use Youtube, there is a very high probability you have seen this guy posting in the comments section of Youtube videos.

The weirdness is how this guy just appears within 1 minute since a video has been uploaded, makes a very general comment, and gets a shit ton of upvotes.

This dude SOMEHOW manages to appear out of nowhere almost as soon a video has been posted, as if he literally does nothing with his life all day but watch the Notification tab every second so he can jump into it.

Now I haven’t researched into this guy but he appears on all political channels with a significant following, but also on random channels as well, such as gaming channels that have nothing to do with politics, always among the very 1st commentators.

You will DEFINITELY see him on channels such as Tim Pool, Mark Dice or Steve Turley. Just hit the Top Comments, and he’s there with a shit ton of upvotes.

I called it out in the comments of some vids, and other people said „Yeah, I’m seeing this guy is everywhere, too”.

Also I could swear his name was slightly different.

Is this some Skynet shit going on?! Are there multiple people with multiple Youtube accounts all named a variation of this, and posting comments in random places?! Who is this guy?!

This is his Youtube channel. Nothing there but some completelty random shit, an he has 3k subs?! For what?! It feels like it’s some made-up profile so it’s not completely empty.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_...dlplsiaay8v1RQ
    Most likely what your seeing is a bot test. This won't be a guy it will be a bot and those liking him will mostly also be bots.

What happening is probably a test of bots to identify specific YouTube channels to comment on and promote during some events like elections

Bots and networks of bots are alot more sophisticated than the trash they had comming out of India 10 years ago that just spammed bad English adds, nowadays these bots have accounts that look very real with very real names and back history's built in and usualy on places like face book have exstencive friends list of usualy other bots, often bots will be grouped so a twitter bot and Facebook bot will both use the same name, pictures and personality, this adds a level of credability to there human persona incase some one gets suspicious and goes digging if there on one platform.

An academic study of twitter found the aprox 15% of twitter users arn't actualy human but are infact bots, these bots are very sophisticated and to the averedge person behave exactly like you would expect a human to and can hold full on topic conversations, many of the bots found even had extensive human followers who were Completly unaware theat the person they were following wasnt a human.

We have reached a point where bots can mimic human interaction online well enough that you can never really be sure your are talking to a human on any social media platform or forum.

I know people often slate me for my spelling, mistyping, rushed thumb phone essays but tbh I often find this most suspicious thing in a person's communication is of the have absolutely perfect sentence structure, grammer and spelling, especialy if they claim to be a non native speaker.

https://mashable.com/2018/02/14/exam...s/?europe=true

Some actualy estimate the twitter bot polpulation to be around 30 million accounts. Percentages are probably comparable between platforms.

And I don't think the platforms mind, that's 39mil fake users being shown adds, which and add company is paying for, if it was ever really uncovered and dug into just how many of the users in these platforms are real vs how many or bots it would be chaos for platforms the rely on adds.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-10-17 at 12:49 PM.

What sad cunts read youtube comments?
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-10-17 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

You don't have to use homophobic slurs to advertise your youtube channel.
    change can't wait.

Not going to lie, thought this was going to be some person's burner account trying to call someone out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    You don't have to use homophobic slurs to advertise your youtube channel.
    It's the name of the bot account he's referring to.

Most likely the bot is name that way to generate out rage, that or its advertising a version of British dumplings.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    What sad cunts read youtube comments?
    I do, because it's entertaining how utterly absurd those comments can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Not going to lie, thought this was going to be some person's burner account trying to call someone out or something.
    I mean...

You're not wrong.

Going by name alone I don't think he's someone really worth concerning yourself over. It sounds like you pretty much have his life story guessed down to a T, and you almost certainly have better things to worry about than what they're doing with their free time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And you were right, always a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I mean...

You're not wrong.
    Jinx!
    /s