Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You buy a license. This has always been the case with software, physical or digital.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    You purchase a physical product, its yours. You are the owner of this product and no one has the right to take it from you. Same this with virtual goods. You pay, its yours.

If you purchase WoW with all of the expansions, then the characters you create and the account is your ownership. Blizzard has no right to take them from you with bans or any other means that would result you not having access to the account.

I can’t believe people defend this. This won’t affect you now, but it might in the future. You invest your money and time towards something you own, as you paid, and then some dumbass gm with a bad day just will take your ownership of the account, without any consequences.

Blizzard Terms of service are not above the law, when you accept those terms, you are being forced to, because if you decline you wont be able to play.

Ye ye many companies do same strategies, but perhaps change?
    If you rent an apartment, then paint the rooms, if you piss on the carpet till it rots and your kicked out you should be allowed to pry the paint from the walls cause you paid for that!

yes blizzard does, if you get banned you lose access to the account you were renting. nothing you purchased was physical. you purchased a rental account, and you paid to license that. that you are pretending to make a world were people can just do stupid shit, get banned, and have no punishment for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Same this with virtual goods. You pay, its yours.
    Incorrect, factually.
    If you purchase WoW with all of the expansions, then the characters you create and the account is your ownership.
    Incorrect, per EULA.
    Blizzard has no right to take them from you with bans or any other means that would result you not having access to the account.
    Yes, they do. In fact they have every right.
    I can’t believe people defend this.
    Just because someone doesn't agree with a rule doesn't mean they aren't bound by it.
    Blizzard Terms of service are not above the law
    Yes and no. Blizzard's rules and code of conduct is not 'law', so it's apples and oranges. Rules and contacts are not 'law'.
    when you accept those terms, you are being forced to, because if you decline you wont be able to play.
    You are not being forced to, because you accept it. These are exclusive.

That all said.. This has been hashed out a billion times on a million games. Virtual goods are, generally speaking, not 'yours' in terms of property. If you dislike this idea, you're welcome to try and change it in court or something, as people and governments already have many times and failed.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Your account is Blizzard's property. You're paying to rent it.

It's in the EULA/TOS.

/thread
    Tbh, you need to be stupid to waste your time and money on something that is not yours and could be taken away any second lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this has been tried multiple times against multiple companies in the past, and the player loses every time. You buy the game, a ban doesn't stop you from having the game. You can be banned from the online service same as you could be banned from this very forum.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I can agree with that, and i think at least in europe if you were to pursue that in law you would probably win, as the case on the resell of digital good proves.
    But, i do think they have the right to ban you from access to their service if you break their rules. I do agree that characters and ability to play the game offline should be in the client though.

OP i think you should go ahead and ban blizzard instead of them banning you. Its only logical.

You purchase a physical product, its yours. You are the owner of this product and no one has the right to take it from you. Same this with virtual goods. You pay, its yours.

If you purchase WoW with all of the expansions, then the characters you create and the account is your ownership. Blizzard has no right to take them from you with bans or any other means that would result you not having access to the account.

I can’t believe people defend this. This won’t affect you now, but it might in the future. You invest your money and time towards something you own, as you paid, and then some dumbass gm with a bad day just will take your ownership of the account, without any consequences.

Blizzard Terms of service are not above the law, when you accept those terms, you are being forced to, because if you decline you wont be able to play.

This genre is over 25 years old. If this was a thing there would have been press on it.

Tbh, you need to be stupid to waste your time and money on something that is not yours and could be taken away any second lol
    So in your mind every single person who lives in an apartment is a stupid person?

You sound mad kid, when I was your age I thought I knew better than everyone else too. Nothing I say will change will change that, so yes rage on, but I promise making this post on here changes nothing! When I turned 14 last week the world was more clear.

You have no idea what you're talking about, simple.

You don't buy WoW, but instead you a sign a license agreement where Blizzard allows you to use their software under certain conditions.

How old are you? 10?

5+ Year Old Account
    HA! HAHA! Someone complaining about banned accounts. If you're an idiot, and do something stupid, such as Buying gold, exploiting something, all that stuff.. Then YOU SHOULD be banned and have all your SHIT taken away. Don't sit here and claim you have ownership of something when you DO something to get it taken away. It's YOUR own fault.

Do you go to the movies? You act like a jackass in the theater and they have every right to remove you even if you didn't see the whole film.

10+ Year Old Account
    So fuck the terms and agreement and be utterly unreasonable? Ok cool I guess.

You signed a contract you didn't read or understand, that's on you, buddy.

WoW isn't a necessity, it's a luxury service that you voluntarily subscribe to. You either follow the rules you accept when you create your account, or you lose your privilege.

you still own the right to play the game , however you don't own the right to do wahtever you want on the servers .
    every body knows that if you break the rules and they find out you will be punished , sometimes a month ban sometimes permanent ban.

as they say if can't do the time , don't do the crime .

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    How old are you? 10?
    Just what I was thinking when I read that aswell.

10+ Year Old Account

You own the key or the CD... that is all... You do not, in fact, own your characters... they belong to Blizzard.... Think you are right, go sue them. Cant or Wont follow the rules, thats wholly on you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account

The terms and agreement is to protect them and to make sure you don't do some dumb shit.