Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i have no problem with them iterating and improving the current implementation. its definitly not my favorite type of content, but those 3-4 island expeditions a week ok for me.

i want to see them return.

Yay let's create more solo content for socially anxious or asocial people who wants to play a MMO alone...

(then some people still don't understand why classic release was a success)

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I've quite enjoyed both features - done in moderation. The real problem with both Islands and Warfronts is that people overplay them.
    lol what? I do 1 warfront every time it’s active. The only way to play them less than that is to not play them at all. I still dislike the feature heavily, haven’t done a warfront the last 2-3 times it’s been up because it’s just that boring.

Islands are world quests put into a mini zone. You run around, kill mobs and fill up a bar. It’s literally a mindless trash grind on pretty much every difficulty. All difficulties are also extremely easy. The “real” problem has nothing to do with participating in the content, I raid more than I do anything in the game and I still love it. The problem comes from the content being a mindless trash grind that’s basically 1 big world quest objective for filling up a bar. It’s insanely boring. Also the ridiculously low drop rates for anyone whose a collector are really off putting, especially when there’s an island rotation.

The expac would’ve been a bit better imo if m+ was the main source of AP. . M+ was a much better area to have the majority of AP come from since you can actively choose what difficulty you want. Anywhere from +5-18 dropped a great amount of AP and allowed people to take it easy or push themselves.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-10-14 at 02:44 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    lol what? I do 1 warfront every time it’s active. The only way to play them less than that is to not play them at all. I still dislike the feature heavily, haven’t done a warfront the last 2-3 times it’s been up because it’s just that boring.
    Ok, clearly the feature must be at fault then. No other possible explanation exists.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind islands being just a source of collectibles (even if drop rates are busted...), gold and lore - if they were more about exploring and less about beating a timer while mindlessly AoE'ing everything in sight. We have enough timers in PvE as is (M+ and raid bosses).

As for PvP islands, they could be fun... if there was actual PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Ok, clearly the feature must be at fault then. No other possible explanation exists.
    I mean yeah the feature sucks but the point of my post was to explain that trying to tell people they’re spending “too much time” doing that specific type of content and that’s why they dislike it is ridiculous. I dislike it because it’s mindless and boring. Heroic warfronts are actually a bit better but islands are the biggest snooze fest I’ve seen in a while, having them tied to such a large portion of the game (AP) is unfortunate.

Islands suck as much as MoP scenarios did = good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can go in the bin for all i care

I hope we won't get new ones in the next expansion. But i hope we can solo sign up for the previous ones. I would farm the shit out of that to get the mounts im still missing.. so all of them

I don't know why they went backwards from scenarios and made islands. Islands are just a worse version of the monkey island scenario. Screw the timer and fuck the annoying NPCs.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-14 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make them housing templates. Would have to shrink them but a bunch of empty islands with varied environments screams housing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Make them housing templates. Would have to shrink them but a bunch of empty islands with varied environments screams housing to me
    The problem is it seems like WoW's engine can't handle ANY customization.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Hopefully a system with some kind of a solo end game progression.
    This will never happen, it defeats the purpose of an MMO. People need to realize if they want a solo player game that there's thousands of other games out there and WoW isn't the game for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Island Random Generation + Horrific Vision tech = Shadowlands Expeditions imo.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Legion assault scenarios are still 3-player, so I'm guessing they'll leave islands as 3-player at least for the next expansion.

I'd have a lot more fun with islands if they didn't have a rotation. Seeing the same island twice in a row is a bit boring, and with only three islands, there's a 7/9 probability you'll get repeats when running mythics for the weekly. That's too high, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, they are a bit better now, but it would be interesting if there was more variety of action.

Launch they were just bad. Now, they are okay. It just is so boring you can essentially on "heroic" just run off by yourself and be fine 90% of the time if you are even passably decently gear. The other versions required pre-made groups, so I don't know how those go.

Honestly, I don't mind the Azerite grab, but they could have had like "Defend the Outpost" akin to Garrison defense in WoD or take some ideas from Scenarios of MoP which focus more on exploration.
    Mythic islands are pretty much the same as heroics, beyond needing to form a group. On my 430 geared character, I just run off on my own and solo the entire enemy time while fighting an elite rare. I'm sure it would be much more challenging at lower gear levels (350-380), but the change in difficulty is barely noticeable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This will never happen, it defeats the purpose of an MMO. People need to realize if they want a solo player game that there's thousands of other games out there and WoW isn't the game for you.
    Islands, dungeons and most of all WoW content is already Solo considering you queue up, get into a group, never talk to anyone, never strategist with anyone. or just engage socially at all.. you queue up. teleport in. kill things. teleport out.. Same with world content. You queue up. phase into area. kill boss. teleport back out.

WoW is already Solo mode.. Classic wow is way more "MMO" then retail. Island being made into a solo litterally does nothing to change the social aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Islands, dungeons and most of all WoW content is already Solo considering you queue up, get into a group, never talk to anyone, never strategist with anyone. or just engage socially at all.. you queue up. teleport in. kill things. teleport out.. Same with world content. You queue up. phase into area. kill boss. teleport back out.

WoW is already Solo mode.. Classic wow is way more "MMO" then retail. Island being made into a solo litterally does nothing to change the social aspect of the game.
    Except it isn't. Just about all PvE que'd content is practically dead, LFR has next to no one queing for it(hence ques that are taking 2+ hours), Heroic dungeons aren't worth the reward, Islands have half the que playerbase than it did months ago, simply because Blizzard forces high end players to participate for a huge chunk of AP.

M+ if you're garbage and just "do whatever you want" you fail the key which reflects and effects you later when people are requiring a certain IO to do keys. World content is mostly meant to be solo, but what I quoted specifically is him talking about wanting end game rewards for only doing solo content. The only reliable way to get end game rewards right now is Mythic Raiding, high M+(again which comes back to poor IO = no groups), and Gladiator/Elite level PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except it isn't. Just about all PvE que'd content is practically dead, LFR has next to no one queing for it(hence ques that are taking 2+ hours), Heroic dungeons aren't worth the reward, Islands have half the que playerbase than it did months ago, simply because Blizzard forces high end players to participate for a huge chunk of AP.

M+ if you're garbage and just "do whatever you want" you fail the key which reflects and effects you later when people are requiring a certain IO to do keys. World content is mostly meant to be solo, but what I quoted specifically is him talking about wanting end game rewards for only doing solo content. The only reliable way to get end game rewards right now is Mythic Raiding, high M+(again which comes back to poor IO = no groups), and Gladiator/Elite level PvP.
    I dont mind some solo content being int he game, I love brawlers guild after all. But solo content should not award raid gear. Raids should award raid gear. Dungeons should be for pre-raid or even consumables, if they ever bring that system back in (or some other reason to revisit other then AP grinding) PVP should reward pvp gear. World content should be for non pvp or pve rewards. aka, rep gain, pets, mounts. We need new shao hao, dino bones, netherwing rep, vanilla-cata treasure chest system, and REAL rares back. mists rares were the best imo. Hell, fun cosmetic things only like the Farm was fun. Farm, unlike garrison, was not required and cosmetic only. It did help with tiller rep but it was just side content. Garrison was a horrible system because it was forced on you and required for raiding. If they introduced player housing in a similar way that OSRS has it where its all cosmetic and just something to do on the side (as well as gold sink since blizz loves those) That would be one of the best ideas. Hell remember dungeon parties in old school runescape? I'd love to host a party in my tauren's house, lol.

Edit: i realized I went off topic in my rant. Basically for MMOs they should encourage player interaction, not force it. the removal of some of the more "QoL" options is a start. One thing they could do that would be a mix of vanilla and new expac. is to return Outdoor dungeons. They could have areas full of elites that require 3-5 people to complete and by venturing in, there could be rare chests, rare bosses, ect that award neat things. Maybe even some mid tier gear or "catch up gear" if it was a later patch. Basically just dungeon scaled gear.

While i like they returned elite quests, with the looking for group system, you do as I said, queue up, not talk to anyone, kill them and leave. The removal of that system, or making it server wide would be a better option. While people may still not talk, being that this is a different crowd of players then classic, it will helps reinforce the fact that these are people on thier server, they might see that same player again, instead of being phased away into another server never to be seen again. seeing the same player a 2nd time, you will usually say like "Oh hey, i remember you" and that will start off a convo.

There are ways to make the game social again and even update it to be with the modern wow, however it would have to come to sacrificing some QoL systems.

Mythic + is a bit better then other systems, while it does pull from other servers, you are still required to walk tot he dungeon, and communicate on how the dungeon will be done. Its minimal, but its better then nothing.
    Last edited by kyo wolfsfang; 2019-10-14 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    I don't think you've actually played modern WoW much past the "tourist mode"?