Will we ever see a new race that isnt Allied?

So with Allied Races being apparently easy to create and pop out mid expansion what point is there to create a fully fledged race again?
    Now that we have Vulpura coming, that shows that Blizzard isnt restricting allied races to other flavors of existing races.

Off the top of my head, skeletons/models are the only real thing thats different from an Allied Race to a new race?

Either way, will we ever get another fully fledged race?
    If so, other than the instant unlock, what would make it different to an Allied Race?

Only things I can think of that a 'full race' would have developed for it that an Allied Race wouldnt
    - Starting Zone
    - Killable Faction leader

From what I can see, the inclusion of Allied Races has cheapened new races being a thing. People were excited when new races were announced for expansions, but now that would just be a footnote.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    So with Allied Races being apparently easy to create and pop out mid expansion what point is there to create a fully fledged race again?
    Now that we have Vulpura coming, that shows that Blizzard isnt restricting allied races to other flavors of existing races.

Off the top of my head, skeletons/models are the only real thing thats different from an Allied Race to a new race?

If so, other than the instant unlock, what would make it different to an Allied Race?

Only things I can think of that a 'full race' would have developed for it that an Allied Race wouldnt
    - Starting Zone

From what I can see, the inclusion of Allied Races has cheapened new races being a thing. People were excited when new races were announced for expansions, but now that would just be a footnote.
    If there is little difference, why do you feel the inclusion of Allied Races has "cheapened" it? What are Allied races not doing that new races would do that makes them worse? Allied Races brought about Heritage armor, is that "cheapening" the experience or making it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    If there is little difference, why do you feel the inclusion of Allied Races has "cheapened" it? What are Allied races not doing that new races would do that makes them worse? Allied Races brought about Heritage armor, is that "cheapening" the experience or making it better?
    Cheapening in the sense that there are lots and they came quickly. An expansion boasting about 'this new race' wouldnt be a big selling point anymore like it was before Allied Races came along.

7+ Year Old Account

- Starting Zone

will we ever see a new class that isnt hero? yes
    just like monk, im sure more normal races will come. but really now that its no longer just reskins of current races, what is the difference other then having to earn them, and there being ALOT more of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

the one race we have been waiting since 2007

I mean honestly both are the same. The only difference is that Allied Races require unlocks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    That ain't Nagas
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I personally consider Kul’Tirans and Zandalari to be full fledge races. Neither are reskinned, plenty of backstory and buildup, you only have to do a little work to unlock them. I had the rep to get Zandalari the moment they unlock like many other people so it wasn’t even work.

My only problem with allied races is the part of them being unlocked mid expansion. At the end of xpac like nightborne and the others are fine, it gives something to do while you wait/prepare for next expansion. At the start of the expansion is fine too, plenty of time to lvl something new and catch up. Mid expansion however is just bad. Im already fully leveled and geared, all the classes I want to play for the expansion are leveled and set to alt status... I have no time to start fresh at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That ain't Nagas
    The lack of legs making armor complicated thing isn't a good argument anymore considering that Mechagnomes' arms cannot even display armor. Which is frustrating to me. They want to act like it's because the Mechagnomes have these utility arms. No it's to take part of the load off of making Mechagnome copies of every other piece of armor in every other slot. The utility arms, which I assume will have unique animations, will still only have use involving Mechagnome racials. They could have easily just created animations displaying the limbs transforming into whatever gadget they're currently using. So to me, it's all about saving on labor costs.

From that standpoint, Naga make a lot of sense to include as an allied race. They won't have to work on a whole new set of leg armor.

- Starting Zone

Hint hint..Murlocs are not allied with anyone. ~
    They attack both factions!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    The lack of legs making armor complicated thing isn't a good argument anymore considering that Mechagnomes' arms cannot even display armor. Which is frustrating to me. They want to act like it's because the Mechagnomes have these utility arms. No it's to take part of the load off of making Mechagnome copies of every other piece of armor in every other slot. The utility arms, which I assume will have unique animations, will still only have use involving Mechagnome racials. They could have easily just created animations displaying the limbs transforming into whatever gadget they're currently using. So to me, it's all about saving on labor costs.

From that standpoint, Naga make a lot of sense to include as an allied race. They won't have to work on a whole new set of leg armor.
    almost like trolls, tauren, and draenei and alt versions of them not having actual boot models cause of their feet.... i get the argument but if there is a will there is a way....
    Last edited by Nergul; 2019-10-15 at 04:09 AM.
    "All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? It's another glorious day in the Corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm: Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck's a fortune! Every formation's a parade! I LOVE the Corps! " - Sgt Apone (Aliens)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post

Was honestly expecting them to arrive at some point after Argus, though all references were probably about the Void Elves.

There's still a good possibility of them cropping up next expansion with the Shadow theme, even though said expansion WILL introduce a new Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Was honestly expecting them to arrive at some point after Argus, though all references were probably about the Void Elves.

There's still a good possibility of them cropping up next expansion with the Shadow theme, even though said expansion WILL introduce a new Class.
    More than likely with the spoiled Bolvar stuff next expac will be Return of the Lich King, not shadowlands stuff.

Unless its both.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

7+ Year Old Account
    An expansion boasting about 'this new race' wouldnt be a big selling point anymore like it was before Allied Races came along.
    As you can see by some of the posts already. Some people aren't satisfied with the current race offerings, even though there's almost double.

A new race will always be hype, because there's a lot of races not yet playable that people have been wanting for years (Ethereals, Jinyu, Hozen, Naga, Ogres, Forest Trolls, etc etc).

New race or new class, it will always have hype surrounding it. Because people always want more. It's a very vocal minority that says "we have enough!"

Whether it's lackluster hype (like Mechagnomes) or hypest hype (like confirming Vulpera) is another story.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

I was convinced the BFA drop in '17 would reveal Ethereals. Instead we got Draenei with Light +1, non-High Elves pulled from someone's mental diarrhea, Canadian tauren and blue Night Elves that don't seem quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Hint hint..Murlocs are not allied with anyone. ~
    They attack both factions!
    Sssh, sshh, stop getting my hopes up damn you.

Setting reps to grind to exalted keeps players paying longer though. Also less work since they use a pre-existing skeleton.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.