4 12.90%
  • November 2020

1 3.23%
  • December 2020

0 0%
  • 2021+

0 0%

9.0 release date

When do you think 9.0 will be released? I feel like with how late the 8.3 raid will be released and the sheer volume of bosses it has, that the next expansion won't be out for a while.

If they push out the 12 boss raid in January, that's already 2 months after Antorus. From that alone, that would put us in October.

Given that there will be other things to keep us occupied like the 15th anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard goes for a more traditional holiday release like November when people are back from their holidays. I don't think the summer release worked for either Legion or BFA.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I don't think the summer release worked for either Legion or BFA.
    lmao what? the summer releases were fine
    Warrior Armory | Rogue Armory | Priest Armory | Warlock Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    lmao what? the summer releases were fine
    Works for the kiddos!
    You tend to have players taking vacations from work to play during a new expac. :P
    My friends always take 1-2 weeks off from work *usually unpaid* to play a new expac. Except the married friends of course, i'm sure that wouldn't fly with their wives. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    When do you think 9.0 will be released? I feel like with how late the 8.3 raid will be released and the sheer volume of bosses it has, that the next expansion won't be out for a while.

If they push out the 12 boss raid in January, that's already 2 months after Antorus. From that alone, that would put us in October.

Given that there will be other things to keep us occupied like the 15th anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard goes for a more traditional holiday release like November when people are back from their holidays. I don't think the summer release worked for either Legion or BFA.
    You put down 2019. Do you honestly think we will get 9.0 this year? I want what you're smoking! 8.3 I think..but not 9.0.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It really depends on all the features the next expansion has to offer. If it's feature-light like WoD and BfA a release in Q3/2020 sounds realistic, if it's a feature-heavy expansion like MoP or Legion I could see a Q4/2020 release in November.

8.3 is very feature-shy and doesn't introduce new zones, just a raid and some slightly altered zones - this could mean a lot of work was already put into 9.0 and didn't go into 8.3 (compared to 7.3 8.3 is very, very "small") with a possible release earlier than expected. After Blizzcon a realistic estimation on the release date is possible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Expecting a 2020 Q3 or Q4 release as always. Any sooner than that would be a tinfoil conspiracy.
    Terrible Writing 1 - 0 The Bolvar

End of the Q2 or beginning of Q3
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

ill let you know in about two weeks