Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cause they do such a great job with the 2dps specs now you would want them to design and balance another one....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    No. Pruning does not solve making classes unique.
    It does, since you don't have to come up with 100 different mechanics/playstyle and can just focus on making ~20 of them play well. If anything you 'prune' the amount of classes, but actually increase their amount of unique abilities.

Especially 3 spec-DPS classes could be reduced to only two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    It does, in fact do with pruning.

Removing specs means if anything, we'll have less overall available, even if we have more spells per spec.
    You could make 10000 specs but that doesn't make them all interesting, or doable to make interesting. I feel Blizzard cannot handle the amount of specs currently, hence some being boring, clunky, dull, or some others being unworthy of a raidspot

They've said they struggle to handle the 36 specs they have now, why would they make their problem worse by adding a 4th spec to classes?

Lmao, some of you are actually advocating pruning our already pruned classes.

Do me a favor and never work for Blizzard. Thanks!
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Do you even know what the term "confirmed" actually means?
    let's be fair, most people don't even know proper english because english is a messed up language.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    They've said they struggle to handle the 36 specs they have now, why would they make their problem worse by adding a 4th spec to classes?
    because people expect new stuff. the artifacts handled that in legion, but we got nothing new in bfa and that was a big deal to people.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    let's be fair, most people don't even know proper english because english is a messed up language.

- - - Updated - - -

because people expect new stuff. the artifacts handled that in legion, but we got nothing new in bfa and that was a big deal to people.
    Artifacts were for the 36 specs we had at the time. That's different to adding more specs. The number of specs isn't the problem the game has. It's that the ones we have are in a bad state.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It does, since you don't have to come up with 100 different mechanics/playstyle and can just focus on making ~20 of them play well. If anything you 'prune' the amount of classes, but actually increase their amount of unique abilities.

Especially 3 spec-DPS classes could be reduced to only two.

You could make 10000 specs but that doesn't make them all interesting, or doable to make interesting. I feel Blizzard cannot handle the amount of specs currently, hence some being boring, clunky, dull, or some others being unworthy of a raidspot
    "Interesting" is a highly subjective term. What is interesting to you might not be interesting to others.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Blizzard doesn't quite have a history of really caring of past expansions, at best they band-aid stuff if in dire need. If that. In this case they would probably just take a random weapon model added a few recolors and called a day.
    Right, but the only case where a whole class came in and past expansion content needed to be adjusted was with Death Knights. They added in Worgen and Goblin NPCs to the DK starter zone. They also added DK abilities to Nefarian. Class halls and artifact weapons were a primary feature for Legion content. You can’t really do it without that. They can totally do it without adding in hidden skins, but it would require a major overhaul of Legion to add in specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Right
    adding an npc for single quest and dk recolor skins is not all that much of work; wheres adding a class hall, artifact and everything that was associated with these is a massive work in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    adding an npc for single quest and dk recolor skins is not all that much of work; wheres adding a class hall, artifact and everything that was associated with these is a massive work in comparison.
    I know, that’s what I’m saying. If they add 4th specs to non-heroic classes, I think they would have to either redo how Legion works or go all in on new weapons and lore. Both seem like a ton of work. I’m not saying that 4th specs are impossible, but I also can’t see Blizzard half-assing it either. I am merely curious how the people who want extra specs want to work around Legion. One solution would be to make Legion content the same level as another expansion (like BC and WotLK are now), and just discourage the new spec from doing Legion.

idk about 4th specs. some classes could use them but others would be a stretch.

I truly believe they’d figure out a solution to Legion content with 4th specs. I have a hard time imagining they never add another class that isn’t a hero class, and that would cause even more issues. I guess WoW is pretty old though, and maybe they are done adding new normal classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was actually thinking about this earlier, and I'm wondering if rather than a fourth spec, they might just be part of a Blood spec rework, with some of the existing Blood abilities being returned to baseline and Blood getting new / upgraded abilities themed around Bolvar's "fireblood" aesthetic.

So, for example, all DKs get Blood Boil, but Blood DKs get Ignite Blood, which causes the target's blood to erupt into flames and deal additional fire damage over time.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah fam this is a bigger stretch than your mum's pants. It's just Bolvar-related gear for allied race DKs because their startup chain is clearly going to be different.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

They are just to give the option for the stats you want, I don't think it confirms the 4th spec

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    As another point of note, as someone said in the comments on that page, the Frost one is a two-hander not one, so maybe we can do Two-handed Frost again.
    They'd better not do that shit without giving Fury Warriors back Single Minded Fury...

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    They'd better not do that shit without giving Fury Warriors back Single Minded Fury...
    I was quite disheartened when we lost that. My entire warrior fantasy was about running around punching people's faces in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They couldn't even come up with a 3rd spec for demon hunters.

There's no way, no way they add 4th specs.
    It was very wise of them they didn't try to stretch DHs into yet another spec. TBH even the ones we have are such.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They couldn't even come up with a 3rd spec for demon hunters.

There's no way, no way they add 4th specs.
    Well yeah, for demon hunters they had a hard time, but some like Mage Chronomancer healer or Shaman Earthwarder tank could provide new specs without much difficulty. Doesn't overlap with anything pretty much.

I hope frost and unholy becomes one spec. I hate having to choose between the two. I want to be able to use both frost and unholy abilities at the same time like the Lich King does

A death knight just don’t feel ‘whole’ when it lacks one or the other.