Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Paying for Classic+

For all the people who wants Classic+, how many of them would ACTUALLY be willing to pay for it as it would require work to be made and not "copy/paste" from their reference client like Classic has.

It would probably cost 20-30 euro for Classic+ (speculation)
    We saw loads of people who asked for Classic in the first place, then was upset they had to pay for it, would that be the same for a Classic+
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Can you define what we're paying for? Is Classic+ just Classic WoW, except tweaked for everything to be a bit harder to satisfy 2k19 gamers.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    If it had enough differences to at least be a proper Classic+ and not just a copy/paste of Classic with a few minor tweaks (so in other words, it has enough content to at least feel like an expansion), I'd be willing to shell out anywhere from 30-40 bucks + continue paying the monthly subscription for it. If we're talking a graphical overhaul too, I could see the price going up a bit more and would be okay with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic+ means new content for classic like questes rainds and dungeons isnt that obvious ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Can you define what we're paying for? Is Classic+ just Classic WoW, except tweaked for everything to be a bit harder to satisfy 2k19 gamers.
    If I understand the Classic+ concept correctly, it is for new content to be added to Classic in the spirit of the Vanilla game but it would diverge from retail (so basically continue releasing new content for classic after everything from the old game was released) without going to TBC.

Either that or Classic+ is to continue the classic release path through expansions like it was originally but I think it's the former.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    If it would be extra content made with 90% of the game design decisions that went into Classic then sure (stuff like class balance def should be tweaked to where no specs are doing 50% less than others) then yeah I'd pay for it.

You think hundreds of thousands of people right now are paying a subscription for retail?
    That they log in to retail at all?
    We PAY for CLASSIC m8, there would be no sub for Blizzard without it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If I understand the Classic+ concept correctly, it is for new content to be added to Classic in the spirit of the Vanilla game but it would diverge from retail (so basically continue releasing new content for classic after everything from the old game was released) without going to TBC.
    Yeah, this is what the most accepted definition of Classic+ is. Most do not want to go down the same storylines Blizzard has already given us with current WoW.

C+ would be like finishing up what content they did want to add into Vanilla and then branching the game off from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    You think hundreds of thousands of people right now are paying a subscription for retail?
    That they log in to retail at all?
    We PAY for CLASSIC m8, there would be no sub for Blizzard without it.
    I pay for both, though admittedly 95% of my time is on Classic right now. I don't even feel compelled to unlock the new AR coming in 8.3. And I've unlocked all previous AR currently available.

That's how much fun I'm having in Classic

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    If it would be extra content made with 90% of the game design decisions that went into Classic then sure (stuff like class balance def should be tweaked to where no specs are doing 50% less than others) then yeah I'd pay for it.
    Imho this and the previous responses show exactly why this won't happen, as the definition of Classic+ is ever so different from person to person, when it it enough, when is it too little. While even I, who does not want to relive Classic at all, might be interested in 'a' Classic+, I couldn't say what would draw me in and what would be too little to be of any interest.

All I want on Classic is better graphics. Almost every single model in Classic, save for some environmental things, have been updated and look way better on retail. There should be an option to toggle between the old and new models for everything.

Why would I pay for it more than sub?

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question for the 12 or so people spreading the good word here for Classic+

With all the rants and complaints and bellyaching we see about how the modern WoW team has ruined 'retail' (strengthening the cry for Classic realms), why would you suddenly trust said team to develop new content for Classic?

Because it would be them who made it. I know there's this idea that Classic has its own full-blown team but that's false: there's a small team of people who worked on porting the old game to the modern infrastructure, and support etc, but there isn't this huge team of devs and class designers isolated to working on Classic. Because it doesn't need that.

So any, literally any, Classic+ content you got would come from the Visionary Team that brought you for Battle for Azeroth

I mean, do ya'll think they have some kind of 2004 mode they can snap into that strips the art down (speaking technically), that empowers them to develop new 'old' content that is worthy of the legacy of vanilla/Classic? You seriously believe that like, a Stratholme raid developed in 2019/2020 by the Legion/BFA team would feel or look anything like the raids of yesteryear?

To be clear I'm dead serious: I am legitimately curious what makes you guys excited at the idea of the retail team getting their mitts on your precious.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    Imho this and the previous responses show exactly why this won't happen, as the definition of Classic+ is ever so different from person to person, when it it enough, when is it too little. While even I, who does not want to relive Classic at all, might be interested in 'a' Classic+, I couldn't say what would draw me in and what would be too little to be of any interest.
    People said the same for before Classic released. "They won't do it because everyone's got a different version of what Classic is", yet there's a clear solid foundation for what Classic is based on what we have available right this moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    People said the same for before Classic released. "They won't do it because everyone's got a different version of what Classic is", yet there's a clear solid foundation for what Classic is based on what we have available right this moment.
    That was the easy part though. Blizz looked at 1.12, decided 'yeah that works' and bam, off to the races.

There is no such 'clear solid foundation' for imaginary content that doesn't exist.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    With all the rants and complaints and bellyaching we see about how the modern WoW team has ruined 'retail' (strengthening the cry for Classic realms), why would you suddenly trust said team to develop new content for Classic?
    I can speak only for myself, but to me now that we have Classic with how it is - it shows they understand what are the strengths of Classic. So now, they have a solid foundation. This allows them to compare features they'd add (if C+ were really happening) to whether it fits for Classic.

An example of this would be how Flying mounts/Dungeon Finder/Raid Finder were immediately r/o during the presentation where Classic wasn't even released yet.

Yeah you can get into nitty gritty small stuff like how some people are upset that "oh content is so easy because we're on last patch" but small shit like that doesn't matter.

If they know how to handle the big stuff then that's what matters. Kind of like how everyone thought Dire Maul would inflate the economy, and turns out Blizzard solved those issues through patches in Vanilla (kinda also outed the people who played on unofficial servers who had these things wrong).

- - - Updated - - -

That was the easy part though. Blizz looked at 1.12, decided 'yeah that works' and bam, off to the races.

There is no such 'clear solid foundation' for imaginary content that doesn't exist.
    The clear solid foundation is Classic and its design ideas. I don't know how that isn't a foundation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The clear solid foundation is Classic and its design ideas. I don't know how that isn't a foundation.
    Fair enough: that's a decent response. But it is still a big, huge leap to go from understanding the design tenants of Classic, to creating brand new content that looks, sounds and feels like it came out of 2004. Much less content that people agree on - ask 100 people what they would like in Classic+ and you're likely to get a lot of different answers.

I might be wrong, apologies if I am, but I feel like you're underestimating the delta there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough: that's a decent response. But it is still a big, huge leap to go from understanding the design tenants of Classic, to creating brand new content that looks, sounds and feels like it came out of 2004. Much less content that people agree on - ask 100 people what they would like in Classic+ and you're likely to get a lot of different answers.

I might be wrong, apologies if I am, but I feel like you're underestimating the delta there.
    I don't think I am because as I replied to another, people were already having those conversations of "how can you get everyone to agree on Classic, it's different things for different people" and they still released Classic in a state where the vast majority that wanted it are satisfied.

I remember people talking about how "oh if they screw this up a lot of people are just going to go back to private servers" and Idk about you, but through rummaging through a lot of Classic discussion topics - I don't see a whole lot of "yeah Classic is trash, I'm going back to x" etc etc.

A ton of people are satisfied with what is currently available. I think too many people put too much stock into "oh but people want different things!", I mean we see that with current WoW as well and it hasn't stopped Blizzard from designing content a lot of people like (aside from also creating stuff a lot of people don't like) - point is "not being able to all agree on something" isn't something that staves off adding new content.

Also, all of this doesn't take into account how well in communication the Classic team has been with the Classic community. They respond to stuff fairly quickly relative to current WoW team with current WoW community.

I think though it goes without saying that if a C+ were to happen, they'd be opening up a lot of dialogue with the Classic community. They actually mentioned this in an AMA

"What are the plans after Phase 6?

We've done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We'll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be."

https://www.wowhead.com/news=294587/...n-r-classicwow

What that response tells me is, we're going to either get Classic TBC servers down the line, or they will potentially do a C+. But I don't think the answer is going to be, "because a lot of people can't decide which way to go, we decided to not go anywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

Either that or Classic+ is to continue the classic release path through expansions like it was originally but I think it's the former.
    Sounds like a bad idea. Most people who worked on vanilla WoW back in the day are gone. Only like a handful are still on the team. So pretty much the same people who work on retail will work on Classic, so no....that's not right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why would I pay for it more than sub?
    You would be paying for things like: Balanced specs/skills/items, new zones/raids/quests, and whatever people have asked for to be in Classic+
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    We've done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us. Our plan is to identify everything we need to do should we ever decide to go this route. We want to be sensitive to the desires of our players. Some may want BC and some may not. We'll be following the Classic community closely to help determine what our next steps should be."

https://www.wowhead.com/news=294587/...n-r-classicwow

What that response tells me is, we're going to either get Classic TBC servers down the line, or they will potentially do a C+. But I don't think the answer is going to be, "because a lot of people can't decide which way to go, we decided to not go anywhere."
    Personally I interpreted the 'some may not' bit there as BC servers would be optional instead of forcing everyone on Classic to 'upgrade' to BC. Which I think is smart - BC servers, Wrath servers, etc should be their own standalone thing instead of telling the people playing and loving Classic 'welp, time to move on!'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Sounds like a bad idea. Most people who worked on vanilla WoW back in the day are gone. Only like a handful are still on the team. So pretty much the same people who work on retail will work on Classic, so no....that's not right.
    That's exactly my argument. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You would be paying for things like: Balanced specs/skills/items, new zones/raids/quests, and whatever people have asked for to be in Classic+
    Balanced specs...