Thread: Blizzcon Ready

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This is one of those kinds of 1 poster posts that sounds real-ish.
    I agree lol.

Massive system overhauls for <...> character customisation
    This alone makes it fake. Next!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's simple, small, straight forward-ish, and just enough to sound plausible without delving too much into the weeds.

this is a massive fake.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: The Eternal Shadow
    Not too keen on the title, sounds like something a 10-year-old would name their Demon Hunter.

Northrend revamped
    I'm all for it, but there needs to be more than that. A single revamped zone isn't going to be able to carry an entire expansion.

Wraith class, Necromancer/Dark ranger based specs
    Sounds cool enough. I'd be okay with it.

Azjol-Nerub and depths of Ulduar
    Ulduar neutral city, Dalaran will not return
    Azjol-Nerub, okay, cool. Never really liked any of the spider stuff but if we see more of the kingdom than a 5-man dungeon, I'm on board. But why is Ulduar both a city and a raid (assuming "Depths of Ulduar" is a raid)? And, more importantly, have you seen how big that place is? How is that going to work as a neutral city? Which part of it is the city?

Shadowlands Breach, two zones
    So Shadowlands is only two zones? Sounds like poop.

Massive system overhauls for talents, levelling and character customisation
    Good, we need this.

War between life and death, Taelia kidnapped by other death entities to force Bolvar's hand, new novel with her, Anduin and Bolvar
    Sounds like the Realm of Shadows leak with its terrible English.

Anduin sends Alliance to Northrend to rescue Taelia, Horde summoned by Vol'jin
    Again, sounds like the Realm of Shadows leak.

Factions can now group together with warmode off
    I would be happy if they added this into the game. Factions are outdated in 2019.

Battle for Dragonblight is new Broken Shore/Teldrassil, Wyrmrest consumed, Alexstrasza on verge of death
    A bit vague but sounds believable enough I suppose. Why is it that dragons are always on the "verge of death"?

Shadowlands rupture point where Wyrmrest once stood
    I don't know what exactly a "rupture point" entails but wasn't Icecrown the "gateway" to Shadowlands? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the rupture point be there instead?

Banshee's Pursuit track Sylvanas and Nathanos, new war campaign style
    Boring. I can think of better ways to spend my time than going on a wild goose chase to hunt down the only two characters in the game that I genuinely don't care about at all.

Ebon Blade mobilised to fight and raise new DK's
    If that's the case, then we should get new DHs as well. Why is the Illidari slacking when the world's being attacked by... who exactly? I don't think you ever mentioned who the antagonist is supposed to be. I hope it's not Sylvanas.

Class identity focus, this time on cosmetic/gameplay level rather than story with accessories and customisation options
    Good.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2019-10-18 at 06:46 PM.

This is one of the first I've seen that doesn't scream "fake" at me. Just simple enough and leaves a lot of the buzzwords out. Very similar to the Legion leak.

A bit too convenient considering the recent datamined stuff. It's basically people's speculations summarized in 10 lines.

Still, we speculated all this stuff precisely because this is very possible. But please, for the love of Elune, Azeroth Revamp. Must. Have. Faith.

It's a clever enough deception if it is one, given the recent datamined info about the new dk races & the new ebon blade weapons. What makes me think it could be legit is the fact that all most of the other leaks have been centred on Tinkers, I wouldn't be surprised if Necromancer was up there as much requested alongside it, Dark Ranger gets a lot of mentions too.

They'd have to gut DK's a bit for the necro stuff (Unholy I'd expect) and they've taken off a lot of the spell stuff from hunters I.E Black Arrow, I dunno, there's arguments for & against, guess we'll see 2 weeks from now.

I like everything here except the lack of a world revamp.

Also, where are the Dragon Isles?

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Not too keen on the title, sounds like something a 10-year-old would name their Demon Hunter.

I'm all for it, but there needs to be more than that. A single revamped zone isn't going to be able to carry an entire expansion.

Sounds cool enough. I'd be okay with it.

Azjol-Nerub, okay, cool. Never really liked any of the spider stuff but if we see more of the kingdom than a 5-man dungeon, I'm on board. But why is Ulduar both a city and a raid (assuming "Depths of Ulduar" is a raid)? And, more importantly, have you seen how big that place is? How is that going to work as a neutral city? Which part of it is the city?

So Shadowlands is only two zones? Sounds like poop.

Good, we need this.

Sounds like the Realm of Shadows leak with its terrible English.

Again, sounds like the Realm of Shadows leak.

I would be happy if they added this into the game. Factions are outdated in 2019.

A bit vague but sounds believable enough I suppose. Why is it that dragons are always on the "verge of death"?

I don't know what exactly a "rupture point" entails but wasn't Icecrown the "gateway" to Shadowlands? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the rupture point be there instead?

Boring. I can think of better ways to spend my time than going on a wild goose chase to hunt down the only two characters in the game that I genuinely don't care about.

If that's the case, then we should get new DHs as well. Why is the Illidari slacking when the world's being attacked by... who exactly? I don't think you ever mentioned who the antagonist is supposed to be. I hope it's not Sylvanas.

Good.
    Northrend, as in the entire continent. Y'know, the one that carried an entire expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    Northrend, as in the entire continent. Y'know, the one that carried an entire expansion?
    I think you're missing the point, which is that they're reusing a continent from a previous expansion. Sure, they can give it a fresh coat of paint with new assets and storylines but how much can it actually change? Borean Tundra will still be Borean Tundra and Zul'Drak will still be Zul'Drak. They can't pull new zones out of their asses or move mountains around to change the landscape. Well, I'm sure they can do whatever they want but they better come up with a very good explanation if they intend to make bullshit like that work.

It's going to be less like Draenor and more like the Arathi and Darkshore revamps in BfA. In the former we explored a zone which we had previously only seen in its destructed state and it was vastly different from Outlands. In the latter, the zones received updated assets and were designed fit in a bit better with the modern game, but the locations remained the same.

I think you're missing the point, which is that they're reusing a continent from a previous expansion. Sure, they can give it a fresh coat of paint with new assets and storylines but how much can it actually change? Borean Tundra will still be Borean Tundra and Zul'Drak will still be Zul'Drak. They can't pull new zones out of their asses or move mountains around to change the landscape. Well, I'm sure they can do whatever they want but they better come up with a very good explanation if they intend to make bullshit like that work.

It's going to be less like Draenor and more like the Arathi and Darkshore revamps in BfA. In the former we explored a zone which we had previously only seen in its destructed state. In the latter, the zones received updated the assets and made it fit in a bit better with the modern game, but the locations remained the same.
    Why not? They did this basically with Outlands vs. Draenor. If Bolvar was wrecking over Northrend it could look entirely different.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why not? They did this basically with Outlands vs. Draenor. If Bolvar was wrecking over Northrend it could look entirely different.
    I explained in my second paragraph how vastly different the Outlands vs. Draenor situation is from the proposed Northrend revamp. Unless some great calamity takes place that changes the landscape, it will look mostly the same.

I can see this being real. Even if it isn't then Golden will probably read it and pester the higher-ups to let her write some garbage Anduin/Taelia romance novel.

It's going to be less like Draenor and more like the Arathi and Darkshore revamps in BfA. In the former we explored a zone which we had previously only seen in its destructed state and it was vastly different from Outlands. In the latter, the zones received updated assets and were designed fit in a bit better with the modern game, but the locations remained the same.
    They rebuilt Kalimdor and the EK from the ground up. Wouldn't be hard to do with Northrend. That said, I mostly agree with what you're saying.

I'm really gravitating towards playing a Wraith now. My imagination's swirling with excitement there.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I'm always in for a Void Elf Dark Ranger let's do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Whether it's real or not, this one's not half bad. Wraith seems strange and out of nowhere, but plausible if its coming from death/void theme of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like this to be real, but......

10+ Year Old Account
    If this wraith class is a pure dps class, then yes please, cant wait