Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Azor and Hunter Discord Administration

Wanted to avoid going here, but, it's what it is I guess?
    https://imgur.com/XR8Dlvr

- - - Updated - - -

Some follow up discussion, I would bet money is echo'd by many....

https://imgur.com/kZlv3oF

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Mayco :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Seek help.
    For? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Wanted to avoid going here, but, it's what it is I guess?
    Obviously you didn't. What do you think posting about a public discord on a fansite is going to accomplish? Public outrage? Nobody knows or cares who you are, and knowing Azor the ban was probably justified. Crawl back into your hole and refrain from making any more useless threads in the future.

Go outside

This originally occurred a few months ago, and realizing I wasn't a complete saint and didn't really care that much about the game at the time given I was refocusing my life on more important things, I deliberately didn't come here with all of the "gory details".

All of that being said, the fact there's still a grudge being held by a singular person, as I would be surprised if anyone besides Limit hunters, which let's be honest here, probably a reason why none of you can manage a world first kill of significance on that class besides Method players, would actually have a significant grudge against me, prompted me to post. I've been in that discord since early Legion. Me and Azor never hit it off, but I'm not really a person of significance either, nor ever claimed to be, aside from being an averagely competent hunter who can occasionally shine. And being in there that long I have developed friendships that I kind of miss from time to time. And it's pretty goddamn insane to me that because one particular person has decided that I have somehow "crossed a line". To claim that I'm somehow "sick and need help" when this is the guy who has repeatedly banned and silenced me on a whim. I've seen asinine comments like "he's seeking attention" or "he has a drinking problem", which is hilarious considering I drink like once every few months at this point, or I like to occasionally meme with people I've talked with in there for years. Also hilarious to think I'm going so hard at Limit when I literally still share channels with players from there that I used to guild with myself. No I don't talk to you Dossou, because despite people telling me you're "alright" you've always seemed like a dick to the community at large and never seemed particularly good to me anyway, so, fuck you I guess?

Anyway, there's definitely an issue here, but given my success rate in every single discord channel but this one, I somehow doubt it's with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    knowing Azor
    Still chuckling at this part honestly. Pretty sure I have a good idea of what Azor is about. Glorify the guide, challenge nothing.

Imagine tattling to the MMO-C forums about a guy who banned you with no context and a one-sided story. This is legitimately the most pathetic thread I've ever seen.

This originally occurred a few months ago, and realizing I wasn't a complete saint and didn't really care that much about the game at the time given I was refocusing my life on more important things, I deliberately didn't come here with all of the "gory details".

All of that being said, the fact there's still a grudge being held by a singular person, as I would be surprised if anyone besides Limit hunters, which let's be honest here, probably a reason why none of you can manage a world first kill of significance on that class besides Method players, would actually have a significant grudge against me, prompted me to post. I've been in that discord since early Legion. Me and Azor never hit it off, but I'm not really a person of significance either, nor ever claimed to be, aside from being an averagely competent hunter who can occasionally shine. And being in there that long I have developed friendships that I kind of miss from time to time. And it's pretty goddamn insane to me that because one particular person has decided that I have somehow "crossed a line". To claim that I'm somehow "sick and need help" when this is the guy who has repeatedly banned and silenced me on a whim. I've seen asinine comments like "he's seeking attention" or "he has a drinking problem", which is hilarious considering I drink like once every few months at this point, or I like to occasionally meme with people I've talked with in there for years. Also hilarious to think I'm going so hard at Limit when I literally still share channels with players from there that I used to guild with myself. No I don't talk to you Dossou, because despite people telling me you're "alright" you've always seemed like a dick to the community at large and never seemed particularly good to me anyway, so, fuck you I guess?

Anyway, there's definitely an issue here, but given my success rate in every single discord channel but this one, I somehow doubt it's with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Still chuckling at this part honestly. Pretty sure I have a good idea of what Azor is about. Glorify the guide, challenge nothing.
    bro I don't even know who you are, the only impression you've made on me is a guy who gets banned from a discord and is outraged about it enough to post on a public forum

It doesn't bother me that you think I'm not particularity good because I know based on the little I've seen that you're certainly a trash human being and even more certainly a trash player

Stop replying to my posts I don't want to waste any more time typing a response to whatever drool manages to find its way out of your mouth

This is some schoolyard level shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    bro I don't even know who you are, the only impression you've made on me is a guy who gets banned from a discord and is outraged about it enough to post on a public forum

It doesn't bother me that you think I'm not particularity good because I know based on the little I've seen that you're certainly a trash human being and even more certainly a trash player

Stop replying to my posts I don't want to waste any more time typing a response to whatever drool manages to find its way out of your mouth
    If you don't know who I am why are you posting on this thread out of the clear fucking blue? It's not hard to look through your post history, which in this forum is pretty sparse, to see that it's only to post largely pointless edgy shit. I didn't post at you originally, it was your choice to come in, just as it was Podra's choice to call me "the dumbest person on the internet" when I had never personally attacked him in any way. But if you want to throw down, by all means, let's do it. I don't have a fucking thing to hide. Sure I can be an asshole back when someone decides they want to be that way to me.

I've never seen someone so desperate to be able to post in Trueshot Lodge. I promise you you're not missing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I've never seen someone so desperate to be able to post in Trueshot Lodge. I promise you you're not missing anything.
    So desperate that after being banned for months I'm just now bringing it public, yeah. More like pointing out the stupidity of it considering I've actually been in the channel the entire time but cannot post "as myself" despite having the exact same conversations I've always had for the most part. Yeah, pure desperation here pal.

While we're at it, let's all keep ignoring the fact that there was never a single reason given for the ban other than "well you don't play the game anymore so I guess doing this is ok", which wasn't even true
    Last edited by Mavick; 2019-10-19 at 10:16 AM.

While Azor isnt the easiest guy to deal with in a discussion when theres a disagreement, hes not the type of guy to ban people for no reason.

Been a while since I was active on that discord, but I still feel like we're missing a very important piece of this puzzle. My guess is that the stuff you said obviously pissed off the wrong people, Azor included, and now you're facing the consequences of not being a "complete saint", aka being an asshole.

I'll be clear, again, not a saint. If everything I said in that discord were scrutinized I'm sure anyone could say a mute or ban here and there could be warranted. But if you took everything in that discord in context it kind of gets more silly.

Up until the first round of mutes and bans I'd always held some respect for Azor despite what might be some common misconceptions. We had some arguments, and I was wrong more than right. But in general when I pushed him it was due to the fact that he was focusing on one thing more than others. I was simply pushing for more effort if answers weren't there, or weren't satisfying or clarified well enough. Never, at that point, was anything personal. Not trying to make myself out as righteous but I honestly was wanting the best for the class, in terms of theorycraft, and from the devs through incessant tweeting at @Warcraftdevs and @Watcher. I think at some point this got misconstrued by Azor, and I probably didn't help.

I presumed that most people would be open to some form of criticism, or if that happened they wouldn't take it so personally. But that is absolutely not the case with Azor. Sure we got into some heated discussions on Saturdays back when I drank every weekend, but I would challenge anyone to search through those conversations and find an instance where I was the one who went personnel before him. I lost count of the times where my intelligence was insulted or I was personally insulted for simply pushing the data I was looking at through my viewpoint. Again, not saying "I was right" but at the same time, what the fuck is the need to go personal, and to somehow hold that against me? So I like to drink occasionally, have a good time and meme things that everyone else is thinking or has already said? So the fuck what. Guarantee you the next day it's water under the bridge with me UNLESS you decide to somehow take offense at shit that's literally no worse than others have already said.

Here's the bottom line. I've played hunter since vanilla. I'm playing hunter in classic. I'm going to keep playing hunter and I'll be goddamned if someone is going to somehow be capable of removing me from the community that I've spent this much time and effort in because I've somehow managed to hurt their feelings in some unintended way. The issue is with YOU, as long as you decide this needs to continue being an issue. Because I don't give a fuck about you as long as you leave me alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    While Azor isnt the easiest guy to deal with in a discussion when theres a disagreement, hes not the type of guy to ban people for no reason.

Been a while since I was active on that discord, but I still feel like we're missing a very important piece of this puzzle. My guess is that the stuff you said obviously pissed off the wrong people, Azor included, and now you're facing the consequences of not being a "complete saint", aka being an asshole.
    When I'm back in the channel, with or without Azor's assistance, I will paste every single relevant screenshot provided he doesn't remove them. It won't make me look awesome, but it also wont' make me look as banworthy as you might assume. It will be clear there's a personal grudge being held at any rate, even when I'm clearly not holding one myself.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2019-10-19 at 11:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big yikes, if anybody was this obsessed about me I wouldn't want them back in any shared discord either.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Big yikes, if anybody was this obsessed about me I wouldn't want them back in any shared discord either.
    10/10 troll, anyway:

Just some snippets from my chat logs with Azor to show I wasn't a complete dick and actually gave a shit until it degenerated, through absolutely no personal desire of mine, with him:

https://imgur.com/a/7R0JXKr
    https://imgur.com/a/fYm2K6z
    https://imgur.com/a/Ffc9NVG
    https://imgur.com/a/79SBzRp

10/10 troll, anyway:

Just some snippets from my chat logs with Azor to show I wasn't a complete dick and actually gave a shit until it degenerated, through absolutely no personal desire of mine, with him:

https://imgur.com/a/7R0JXKr
    https://imgur.com/a/fYm2K6z
    https://imgur.com/a/Ffc9NVG
    https://imgur.com/a/79SBzRp
    Sting is right though, beacuse of the fact that you kept all these... records.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Sure we got into some heated discussions on Saturdays back when I drank every weekend
    I like to drink occasionally, have a good time and meme things that everyone else is thinking or has already said? So the fuck what.
    Guarantee you the next day it's water under the bridge with me
    It won't make me look awesome, but it also wont' make me look as banworthy as you might assume.
    Looks like people just got fed up with you.

In your eyes you were just having a good time and memeing, but that might be different from their point of view. You said that it was just water under the bridge the next day, but looks like the river overflowed and tore the bridge down at their end.

And when it comes to Azor and personal insults.. I know what you mean there.

He basically called me a pepega for saying that precasting CA in your opener was a pretty bad idea and in direct conflict with how he generally described the cooldown usage, and that he should maybe add a separate Birds of Prey opener given the nature of CA while using it, seeing how the majority of players were using Birds of Prey at that point. But it fell on deaf ears so I just gave up. He doesnt really play survival, and probably used his BM cd usage logic (which is pretty good) and applied it to a general Wildfire Infusion opener. He did change it later on though, so good job there!

Still, Azor has done a lot for the hunter community over the years, spending countless hours working out the best ways to play the class, so I can forgive his shortcomings when it comes to his ability to take criticism. He probably has a ton of shitters criticising him every day so its probably hard to filter out the good criticism from the bad. Especially when the guy criticising him is drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Also, this isn't just "Azor's discord", this is the main hunter discord. So it's a bit more nefarious when an admin decides he just wants to ban someone who legitimately wants to be a part of the community out of simple dislike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Sting is right though, beacuse of the fact that you kept all these... records.
    All I have to do is click on Azor's icon in discord. It's not like I went to any great length aside from snipping them to imgur.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Looks like people just got fed up with you.
    Define "people", because "people" didn't ban me, Azor did. I had many an argument with tons of people, most of whom I ended up at some point interacting with as amicably as anyone else. Just ask Mayco, Moofz, Gerados (if he was still around), countless examples of people I could butt heads with, not get personal, and still interact with normally in the end.

I would challenge anyone to search my history in that discord to see how much of "an asshole" I was compared to how much of that attitude was directed at me from one particular person publicly.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2019-10-19 at 12:12 PM.

Define "people", because "people" didn't ban me, Azor did. I had many an argument with tons of people, most of whom I ended up at some point interacting with as amicably as anyone else. Just ask Mayco, Moofz, Gerados (if he was still around), countless examples of people I could butt heads with, not get personal, and still interact with normally in the end.
    Could have been Azor alone, or it could have been Azor + people complaining. I obviously dont know the details.
    Still, the line was crossed, and looking at your last convo with Azor.. theres no coming back.

Time to move on.