Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sounds like fun, no idea why anyone would care.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    People have way too much time on their hands to be "outraged" over being friends with someone with different political views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    People have way too much time on their hands to be "outraged" over being friends with someone with different political views.
    TIL mass murder is a "different political view".

Not like he's doing a bunch of good shit in Africa or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody is all triggered over this because it goes against everything they been told to believe in. If you're team blue you're not supposed to talk or be friends with people from team red.

It's a shame really that people are so upset over two human beings having a good time together and getting along. Shouldn't that be something we as a country should all be striving for? We sure as fuck lack it these days. We're all so busy with pushing our opinions on others and acting like their opinion is fact and the opposing opinion is wrong and trying to feel superior over one another. It's fucking pathetic.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-10-22 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Everybody is all triggered over this because it goes against everything they been told to believe in. If you're team blue you're not supposed to talk or be friends with people from team red.

It's a shame really that people are so upset over two human beings having a good time together and getting along. Shouldn't that be something we as a country should all be striving for? We sure as fuck lack it these days. We're all so busy with pushing our opinions on others and acting like their opinion is fact and the opposing opinion is wrong and trying to feel superior over one another. It's fucking pathetic.
    You left out the part where Bush became a war crminial by killing millions

But hey, good to see you would have had no problem with people who where friends with Stalin or Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    You left out the part where Bush became a war crminial by killing millions

But hey, good to see you would have had no problem with people who where friends with Stalin or Hitler.
    So are you saying George Bush was friends with Stalin and Hitler? Was he a time traveler?

This seems to have pissed off both sides of the fence.
    Usually a sign that someone is doing something right.

Bush was the public face of the Precidency, but there were players behind the scenes playing him like a fiddle.
    He's a tool, but that doesn't have to mean that he can't be a good friend.

Jay Leno went to his ranch in Leno's Garage, he seemed perfectly pleasant.

The identity politics and political divide seen in the US is just on eye-roll levels these days.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-10-22 at 12:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why does this matter?

Wouldn't be against talking with George Bush Jr. Wouldn't call him a friend afterwards, but woulnd't miss the opporunity to speak with a living President.

I would never want to sit down and talk with Trump. And I would question the intelligence of any person who thinks they would have an intelligent conversation with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the impression that George Bush was a generally well-meaning president that was way in over his head and was subject to to the whims and orchestrations of more manipulative, self-interested individuals.

I get no such impression from Donald Trump. He IS the self-interested, manipulative individual who has intentionally girded himself in the same. There is not an iota of "well-meaning" in his entire body.

I'm fine with being friends or socializing with people with ideological differences. But being a Trump supporter whilst being under 60 years of age is not an ideological difference, it is a moral failing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-10-22 at 01:10 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Cowboys game?

Ewwww
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with her stance. I’m not agree to disagree kind of man nor do I take associating lightly when it comes those whose fundamentals values and choices I see as directly harmful.

But then again I never been a fan or hater of Ellen.

It’s her free time but she can save the bullshit be kind to everyone crap.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I disagree with her stance. I’m not agree to disagree kind of man nor do I take associating lightly when it comes those whose fundamentals values and choices I see as directly harmful.

But then again I never been a fan or hater of Ellen.

It’s her free time but she can save the bullshit be kind to everyone crap.
    Yeh. You can't just be anti-trump and then be okay with Bush. It doesn't make any sense. Bush didn't tweet but I am nearly 100% sure that Trump's more divisive policy positions would be nearly on point with Bush. 2019 just has different standards compared to 2000-2008.

President Bush then...and George W. Bush today. Are two different people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think a lot of people can learn from Ellen's example, I am friends with all sorts of people regardless of their religious and political views, I might not always agree with my friends but at least I respect them. I am glad in a sea of online hate she didn't back down and stood for what she thought was right.

Do you agree or disagree with her stance?
    Equating Bush and his administration's political mistakes and harmful actions to just differences in political views seems naive at best. He's not a funny old grandpa with different opinions. His actions had serious consequences that we are still dealing with today. We shouldn't forget that because he feels bad or laughs at himself.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Equating Bush and his administration's political mistakes and harmful actions to just differences in political views seems naive at best. He's not a funny old grandpa with different opinions. His actions had serious consequences that we are still dealing with today. We shouldn't forget that because he feels bad or laughs at himself.
    I find it really amazing how many people have their heads in the sand when it comes to the stark reality.

When it comes down to it, he still issued the orders for war, regardless if Cheney and Rumsfield was in his ear. He's still complicit.

This shithole of a thread needs to be moved to the politics section, it's impossible to not be political in discussing this, proof? read the replies...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Conservatives should decide whether they actually care what celebrities think/do/say or not. Then let the rest of us know when they've figured it out.
    Seeing as the article is about liberals caring about who Ellen hangs out with and then slamming her for it, I think the opposite is true. I'm not of the female variety so I never had much of an interest in Ellen's show. Seems like a nice enough woman. George Bush is a decent human being that was thrown a lot of curve balls during his presidency.

The attacks they are both getting are ridiculous.