Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wendy's is just "okay". I only ever really bought their chicken salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    "People rejoice for no real reason while middle class and small food businesses get replaced by corporate chain."
    It's mostly to do with the location. I live in St Andrews and there's a lot of people here who petition for fast food chains to not be present in favour of locally sourced independent restaurants and coffee shops. It's been a fairly successful venture and although there's a few arguable 'chain' businesses it hasn't reached the point where there's a tacky fast food joint on every corner.

spicy chicken sandwich(plain), with a cheerwine.

i doubt they'll have cheerwine outside of the south-east US though. it's a shame, cause it's a really good soda and goes very well with chicken.

im sooooo happy that a guy from naples took over a pizza joint on my block. didnt know pizza could be this good before i tried his real italian pizza. the downside of being spoiled by this, is that every other pizza tastes like old gum now

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    im sooooo happy that a guy from naples took over a pizza joint on my block. didnt know pizza could be this good before i tried his real italian pizza. the downside of being spoiled by this, is that every other pizza tastes like old gum now
    I adapted back to Americanized pizzas after a trip out there. But yeah, it's hard to beat a wood fired papas fritas pizza.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Clean your insides out real nice. It's like a colonoscopy prep kit only it tastes good! What's not to love?
    Oh don't get me wrong on that, I use it like bowel drain-o. "Huh, I haven't shit in two days. That can't possibly be good for me. TO WENDY'S!"

@Medium9 My explanation is the sheer amount of grease they have in their... everything.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wendy's is god-tier in terms of fast food burgers. And the chili if they have it in the UK- it isn't as good as homemade but a large bowl and some fries will warm you up on a cold day.

To flip this around, are there any chains based in Britain/the UK that would be neat to have here? Can't let us Americans have all the fun when it comes to fast food.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    That doesn't sound tasty at all, ew. But since they seem to make good business, I'm probably a minority with this view.
    I wouldn't so much call it great, as it's good tasting for the price they charge.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by uhuhokwhatever View Post
    Americans to sell UK more food that tastes like dogshit shock.
    So you experienced eating dog shit since you know what it tastes like?. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm eating a BigMac as we speak, tastes nice actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Overrated imo and so is popeyes which is just disgusting imho. Five guys is far better.
    I have been away from the states for about a month or so and i miss 5 guys

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    spicy chicken sandwich(plain), with a cheerwine.

i doubt they'll have cheerwine outside of the south-east US though. it's a shame, cause it's a really good soda and goes very well with chicken.
    If I remember right, they have some agreement with Pepsi to distribute it in other areas of the US now, so it's a little more common outside the southeast than it used to be. iirc, you could always get it in other areas, but it was somewhat rare outside the southeast (you could only find it in stuff like specialty shops that sold old fashioned candy, etc). But yeah, I live in Georgia (close to the NC state line) and have always been able to find it pretty easily here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If I remember right, they have some agreement with Pepsi to distribute it in other areas of the US now, so it's a little more common outside the southeast than it used to be. iirc, you could always get it in other areas, but it was somewhat rare outside the southeast (you could only find it in stuff like specialty shops that sold old fashioned candy, etc). But yeah, I live in Georgia (close to the NC state line) and have always been able to find it pretty easily here.
    yeah, i've found it in small shops during our trips to west virginia. glad to hear it's gonna be more widespread though, it's the best cherry drink i've ever had. don't like regular cherry sodas.

it goes super well with bojangles chicken supreme, too. almost better than tea with it, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frosties and fries... mmm.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Hope it does better than Best Buy. That lasted all but 6 months lol
    Thought that was Chic-Fil-A?

Wendy's frosties are delicious. The burgers and fries are okay but not great. I just go there for the frosties mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Thought that was Chic-Fil-A?
    I wasnt even aware that was even int he UK? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wasnt even aware that was even int he UK? :P
    They had one location that was open for a week, before it decided to shut down after their lease ends. https://www.foodandwine.com/news/chick-fil-a-uk-closed

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Years ago Wendy's was much better, when the founder was still alive. After that the ingredients seemed to cheapen a bit. Still not bad for fast food, and prices that are often cheaper than McDonald's. Their $4 (in the US) lunch with drink is about as cheap as it get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They had one location that was open for a week, before it decided to shut down after their lease ends. https://www.foodandwine.com/news/chick-fil-a-uk-closed
    the more you know... :P

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Being from the UK, when I hear "frosties," this is what I think of...
    Makes sense.

This is a Wendy's Frosty. Delicious chocolate soft serve ice cream is how I would describe it.