Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Can you imagine aba cloning him? Thank goodness they won't allow it. Holy hell.
    Aba can't even put symbiote on him. xD But this is actually cool tbh.

But this got cons, because he can't get heals from healers. Idk about shields from Zaria, Tassadar or Medivh.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

But this got cons, because he can't get heals from healers. Idk about shields from Zaria, Tassadar or Medivh.
    No allied abilities. He's completely on his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well... Then he can befriend with Alarak. xD

not the same VA as wow DansGame

I feel like this is going to be a December release. He looks great but there are a few unpolished things going on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Deathwing will be playable at BlizzCon. Going live in the first big update post-BlizzCon, which is the early December update slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been playing a little hots here and there recently - DW looks super fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this is going to be a December release. He looks great but there are a few unpolished things going on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Deathwing will be playable at BlizzCon. Going live in the first big update post-BlizzCon, which is the early December update slot.
    I hope he will have mecha skin. He deserve it.

I guess his kit is the upside of HotS no longer having any e-sport scene. Last crazy hero (mechanically, so to speak) was... Cho'Gall? Which was like, what, 3 years ago?

I love all unique HotS heroes, and Deathwing kit looks fantastic! Gimme, gimme!

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I guess his kit is the upside of HotS no longer having any e-sport scene. Last crazy hero (mechanically, so to speak) was... Cho'Gall? Which was like, what, 3 years ago?

I love all unique HotS heroes, and Deathwing kit looks fantastic! Gimme, gimme!
    I believe Cho'gall was from 2015. It's definitely been a while!

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

According to what the dev team guys said, he can't benefit from anything from any player. This will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

He looks crazy, that's for sure. I wonder if something like Lunara'll be good, since she can poke away at him while he doesn't get any form of healing. Granted that it does mean you have a Lunara on your team. Genji seems pretty decent against him aswell. IIRC, they said the ranged lava pool skill ticks fast, which means Genji's deflect'll be strong against it, it might be good against the breath aswell. DW's hitbox is huge so getting Shingan off on him should work out great also.

Did they confirm if this also means stuff like Illidan's upgraded Q? I'm assuming it does but those are a little different from normal allied abilities, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Did they confirm if this also means stuff like Illidan's upgraded Q? I'm assuming it does but those are a little different from normal allied abilities, I guess.
    That's a good question. My initial guess would be no, but it's a talent that indeed does not do anything for the allied target in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Considering that brings 0 benefit to DW and only hampers Illidan himself if it were to be restricted I would say that will work. I think DW can't benefit from Allied effects, that one has no effect on him thus it work.

We have talents! OP has been updated.

Still looking for the exact wording on abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Ability text added to the OP as well. Enjoy!

This is exactly the kind of hero that I'd been looking for MOBAs to implement. Specifically I thought it'd be great if they made a Lu Bu character who didn't care about allies and just used overpowered stats and abilities to make up the difference. It should be a ton of fun to play. I kinda think it won't be competitively viable because he explicitly works by not fitting into your teamplay by being buffable, he's just there to wreck face - but who cares about viable when fun's more important?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    he's just there to wreck face
    Problem is, from initial reports, he's not actually very good at wrecking face unless you literally just stand there and don't move out of his abilities. I mean if you can set up a good wombo you're golden, but good luck pulling that off with randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Problem is, from initial reports, he's not actually very good at wrecking face unless you literally just stand there and don't move out of his abilities. I mean if you can set up a good wombo you're golden, but good luck pulling that off with randoms.
    I'm guessing you would really want teammates with lots of stuns and controls to setup for Deathwing to set up those combos. Kel'thuzad or ETC in particular stick out to me with Frost Blast or Mosh Pit. I'm sure people who are better at the game will have better ideas than I do.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm guessing you would really want teammates with lots of stuns and controls to setup for Deathwing to set up those combos. Kel'thuzad or ETC in particular stick out to me with Frost Blast or Mosh Pit. I'm sure people who are better at the game will have better ideas than I do.
    Yeah, which is fine if you're in organized play, but bring him into QM and he becomes a lot more limited.

Yeah, he didn't look that good when I saw his gameplay, yet simultaneously he looked broken. His wind-up time is so long that you're never reasonably gonna hit anything that isn't already rooted or stunned, possibly a harsh slow like Johanna's. Even if you do land your own slow+stun, by the time you can use your breath, the effect ended and the enemy can just scoot to the side and dodge everything. Not sure if I really like the idea of this big dragon that can't be healed or be aided by allies, yet relies so heavily on them to set up. That said, you never get punished for being out of position, or atleast you rarely do, you can just walk in 1v5 and fly out with your ult and stuff like that. So I'm not sure if his winrate is gonna suffer a ton from his inability to land anything. Definitely a very odd hero.

Malthael is just gonna absolutely shred him, percent damage, a dot that can be applied from range, self healing? Guess we finally have the answer angel of death>aspect of death. I wonder if something other than Q build will be worth picking to counter DW.

PTR is coming next week.