Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Whispers of the Dark Ones expansion leaked on 4chan?

Found this thread on 4chan

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/482551438

Dragoncaller sounds cool. Sounds like the Lancer/Dragoon in FF14 and I always liked that class.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious fake. Lol Alliance shafted again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

4chan hasn't leaked a correct thing about WoW in ages.

Stopped believing after seeing Fire Death Knights.....

Nah. The issue with a lot of these leaks is a lack of Sylvanas.

She's very obviously going to have a huge involvement in 9.0. She's on the promo poster for BlizzCon. The pet is themed after her. She may be in the new DK intro. She might even pop up in 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that has High Elves or Ogres is automatically fake.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

the high elves part prove it is a fake.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Nah. The issue with a lot of these leaks is a lack of Sylvanas.

She's very obviously going to have a huge involvement in 9.0. She's on the promo poster for BlizzCon. The pet is themed after her. She may be in the new DK intro. She might even pop up in 8.3.
    It doesn't say Sylvanas won't be involved.

I mean they're not gonna put the Lich King on the art that would be too obvious.

Sylvanas is relevant right now, that is enough to put her on the art. The art won't give away any secrets.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    It doesn't say Sylvanas won't be involved.

I mean they're not gonna put the Lich King on the art that would be too obvious.

Sylvanas is relevant right now, that is enough to put her on the art. The art won't give away any secrets.
    Blizzcon 2015 poster: Illidan
    Blizzcon 2016 poster: Sylvanas aswell.
    Blizzcon 2017 poster: Jaina
    Blizzcon 2018 poster: I might be wrong but it looks like mr. Saurfang

I do see a pattern with important expansion characters being on the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Blizzcon 2015 poster: Illidan
    Blizzcon 2016 poster: Sylvanas aswell.
    Blizzcon 2017 poster: Jaina
    Blizzcon 2018 poster: I might be wrong but it looks like mr. Saurfang

I do see a pattern with important expansion characters being on the poster.
    Yeah but wasn't Sylvanas much more important to BFA than Jaina? So why didn't they use Sylvanas in 2017 instead of Jaina? Jaina had some importance to the story, but Sylvanas was much more important. I doubt that she is going to be as important in the next expansion as she was in the last years when she was literally the Warchief of the Horde and started a war.

stop reading at new class

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but wasn't Sylvanas much more important to BFA than Jaina? So why didn't they use Sylvanas in 2017 instead of Jaina? Jaina had some importance to the story, but Sylvanas was much more important. I doubt that she is going to be as important in the next expansion as she was in the last years when she was literally the Warchief of the Horde and started a war.
    Jaina was on the poster because of Kul Tiras. And she followed into her dad's footsteps. So it did make sense to show her. And her story is a big one on the alliance side.

Jaina was on the poster because of Kul Tiras. And she followed into her dad's footsteps. So it did make sense to show her. And her story is a big one on the alliance side.
    I know what role she had, but Sylvanas had a bigger role.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know what role she had, but Sylvanas had a bigger role.
    I can't tell why they would pick Jaina for it. Because i simply don't know.

However there is a hint of a pattern in the blizzcon posters regarding WoW and the expansions / new patches for said expansions.

im ceo of blizzard and im going to confirm that this is true

I can't tell why they would pick Jaina for it. Because i simply don't know.

However there is a hint of a pattern in the blizzcon posters regarding WoW and the expansions / new patches for said expansions.
    And that pattern is? That a character is put on the art, that is related to the next expansion but not necessarily the most important character in that expansion? Then we don't have to assume Sylvanas will have a big role now. Clearly she will continue to be relevant, I don't think that needs to be said. She would most likely appear in an expansion with undead. The leak in general doesn't talk about many specific characters, that doesn't mean they won't appear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that pattern is? That a character is put on the art, that is related to the next expansion but not necessarily the most important character in that expansion? Then we don't have to assume Sylvanas will have a big role now. Clearly she will continue to be relevant, I don't think that needs to be said. She would most likely appear in an expansion with undead. The leak in general doesn't talk about many specific characters, that doesn't mean they won't appear.
    Well, all characters portrayed played a part in the expansion during said blizzcon or were to play a part in the expansion to come.

So there is the pattern. And they also didnt give away any secrets to take your own words.

And thats where this all started that you said putting Bolvar up the art is too obvious. (Even tho i dont see it happen to be a Wrath 2.0 expansion anyway)

Ofc she is part of the story and next expansion, that is even known from the new voice over from Tyrande.

I was simply saying and making note of the fact that the Blizzcon poster appear to have a pattern.

Jaina is in like 10 cinematics

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Anything that has High Elves or Ogres is automatically fake.
    i've known this for ages, but reading it still hurts like the very first day

Quote Originally Posted by Dinduffen View Post
    Jaina is in like 10 cinematics
    All insignificant to the larger story. Sylvanas still had a bigger role.