Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't view "super RNG drops" as the core issue.
    The core issue is that you have too many sources of gear floating around that made an RNG system a necessity to keep gear as character progression intact past the first week(s).

Titanforging is just another symptom, i'd rather tackle the cause than create systems around the symptons.
    I don't think having too many sources of getting gear as a bad thing. It was never a bad thing - because it gives the player an option on where to grind and getting a result from it. That said - the better system is to reduce WHERE you get actual gear drops, versus currency for gear. I do think we need to go back to where only certain things drop gear - and then you have a ton of ways to get badges / currency to get gear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Item needs to socket
    Was it actually confirmed that they can roll sockets now? Because on the PTR it appeared to be not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I don't think having too many sources of getting gear as a bad thing.
    It is because so many efficient mechanics exist that devalue your main progression, instead of just being mindful with giving the player gear, Blizzard just dumps it all over the place and then suddenly needs to come with systems that keep gear progression relevant.

The term Inflation is perfect here, because the same thing essentially happens as when a currency gets inflated, it wil also devalue at the same time.

Because back then, there was no Emissary, no Weekly Chest, no Warfront that simply dumped an Item way beyond its actual difficulty onto you.

Compare this to Wotlk, if you refused to raid, it took you like ~4 weeks to get a single item of the lowest raid difficulty via Badges of Frost, that seems now like tales of out of some random hardcore MMO by comparison.

These are the dumbest damn arguments. Say what you want this continues to boil down to you don't want people to have what youhave because you perceive myself to be better than they are. Your self worth is tied to this thing you do allegedly because you enjoy it. If you like to raid, then raid. Who fucking cares what other people have or do. It is amazing how much of the 1% in terms of raiding are here on this site continuously bitching about gear.

It is an absolutely terrible idea, even more random than titan forging. They just want people to keep playing even when they are not having fun.

Holy fuck looking at the list of benefits of corrupted gears are beyond garbage. How is that arousing for us? Seriously?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Love these overreactions.

Corruption fits perfectly with the gear, given that N'Zoth's corruption is everywhere.
    Best part? It's completely optional; you don't *have* to get bonus mastery or whatever.
    Instead, you can just cleanse the item and there you go. Loot. Good, old fashioned loot.

"But those effects will affect sims, meaning I *have* to have them!"
    But you don't, and even if you feel you do, live with the consequences.
    That extra crit comes with the cost of kiting/stunning an add or some shit.

Raid wiped because you were busy dying to your own self-spawned void puddles?
    Go wash your clothes and come back corruption-free and stop wasting everyone's time.

Really, it's the old loot back; no WF/TF shenanigans, just an *optional* theme that is free to remove, should you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    That extra crit comes with the cost of kiting/stunning an add or some shit.
    Considering you can also counteract corruption, that doesn't fly.

Two items with 5 Corruption are essentially a free bonus if you have a -10 Corruption essence.
    Not to mention the Corruption resistance that is NYI.

But yeah, good luck with those Health regen items while some Dps enjoy multiple Crit damage items without any drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Was it actually confirmed that they can roll sockets now? Because on the PTR it appeared to be not the case.
    I will be honest and say that I have not seen it been clarified one way or another, I assumed that with the socket NOT being mentioned for removal like TF that it would stay. That though, is an assumption so I will edit the post you refer to make it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    this corrupted gear is actually the dumbest thing.. just logged into PTR and its a fucking joke

the downsides are random and are too big to ever use this gear.. and seems like the amount of corruption on pieces of gear is completely random too lmao.. another slot machine train choo choo

with just 60 corruption(which is a super low amount btw) these debuffs hit you for 80k sometimes lmao

the grand delusions debuff hits you for half hp
    Actually is a super fun idea...how about you don’t use it, but when you look at Warcraft logs and wondering why you’re trash don’t blame anybody but yourself...this system removes lfr players getting lucky with the best loot and rewards good players that can play with high corruption...not just a boring equip and log out game anymore...not just a stand afk and dps...now if you wanna be the best you have to play the best

Quote Originally Posted by erlking View Post
    it is an absolutely terrible idea, even more random than titan forging. They just want people to keep playing even when they are not having fun.
    no its good idea adds more depth. You go back to lfr

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    It doesn't. It just adds annoying negative effects.

At the end of the day, you're still gonna look up a guide that tells you what effects are gonna be best for you, and then you are dependant on RNG to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    Flawless argument. Your mother must be proud.

I'm more concerned about the escalation of corruption. You think people will refrain themself from trading HP for DPS ? WRONG !

most of us dps whore will equip it regardless and will be more frustrated than anything to have to deal with it ...

To me this look very UNfun

I think it's the first time i'm actually considering skipping a tier because of such an addition in 15 years of playing ...

imo sounds super dope, makes me wanna go and get raid ready

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    These are the dumbest damn arguments. Say what you want this continues to boil down to you don't want people to have what youhave because you perceive myself to be better than they are. Your self worth is tied to this thing you do allegedly because you enjoy it. If you like to raid, then raid. Who fucking cares what other people have or do. It is amazing how much of the 1% in terms of raiding are here on this site continuously bitching about gear.
    You don't really understand how loot in rpgs works, right?

It is because so many efficient mechanics exist that devalue your main progression, instead of just being mindful with giving the player gear, Blizzard just dumps it all over the place and then suddenly needs to come with systems that keep gear progression relevant.

The term Inflation is perfect here, because the same thing essentially happens as when a currency gets inflated, it wil also devalue at the same time.

Because back then, there was no Emissary, no Weekly Chest, no Warfront that simply dumped an Item way beyond its actual difficulty onto you.

Compare this to Wotlk, if you refused to raid, it took you like ~4 weeks to get a single item of the lowest raid difficulty via Badges of Frost, that seems now like tales of out of some random hardcore MMO by comparison.
    You're half right and half wrong. It isn't efficient, it's just easy. Diablo 3 has efficient and easy ways to get better gear, World of Warcraft has inefficient but easy ways to get gear. You have to wait for weekly resets for better gear, hoping it drops something for you, and then you keep doing that. Instead in Diablo you have the ability to just keep progressing to your hearts content with efficient (or in efficient) builds. It's up to the player how far they want to go, and how min-maxed they want to be.

World of Warcraft doesn't have that, yet it carries a lot of Diablo's item properties without the methods to reliably get them. Or methods to reroll and be happy that you got a mostly perfect item.

You're half right and half wrong. It isn't efficient, it's just easy.
    Sort of.
    The point is that you can play only a bare minimum of the game and still receive reasonable gear by just doing the M+, Emissary and Warfront.
    So, you can simply wait to receive the gear via those efficient mechanics rather than actually having to go out where the actual (raid) loot drops.

Of course, you could just increase the difficulty of these "efficient mechanics", but that would raise the question of how that would work, how do you make something like an Emissary "more difficult"?
    Also, the problem would just move up the "skill ladder" within the player, not vanish entirely.

Sort of.
    The point is that you can play only a bare minimum of the game and still receive reasonable gear by just doing the M+, Emissary and Warfront.
    So, you can simply wait to receive the gear via those efficient mechanics rather than actually having to go out where the actual (raid) loot drops.

Of course, you could just increase the difficulty of these "efficient mechanics", but that would raise the question of how that would work, how do you make something like an Emissary "more difficult"?
    Also, the problem would just move up the "skill ladder" within the player, not vanish entirely.
    And that's fine, there is no reason to shove all the gear towards raiding. It's a way to kill a game and have only a few hundred or many tens of thousands playing your game. It never works, it will never work, and the days of raid gear being the central focus is gone. It's fine to have gear there that's more powerful, or more aptly consistently powerful but it's just not the market anymore. And WoW isn't going to forsake millions for the 5%.

So instead it'd be better to just make it so you have to put in more time and effort to get gear out of it, but consequently it'll be more often that you get rewarded and - ideally, provided the option to hunt gear without having to worry about RNG. That said - it's fine to encourage low effort but okay rewards. It's a video game, not a job. Let the lazy get some modicum of progress, there is nothing wrong with them crawling.

It's just a problem when it's almost as efficient as actually playing the game outside of raiding.

And that's fine, there is no reason to shove all the gear towards raiding.
    The problem is simply how any other content that Blizzard added over the years has significant issues with its reward structure.

World Content - Cannot be difficult because it's the lowest common denominator.
    M+ - Has massive issues due being infinitely repeatable (and serious balancing issues once you enter the higher echolons).
    PvP - Needs to be a sidegame due being extremely controversial.
    Throw in something like Warfronts (which also need to be super easy to not "shut anyone out") and you get the issues we are facing now.

Rather than choosing a given niche and staying within that, people engage in a variety of content due to these efficient catch up mechanics like Emissaries or M+ Weekly, which leads to the effect that player extremely quickly outgear the niche they would rather engage in.

And WoW isn't going to forsake millions for the 5%.
    I think one can say that Classic has debunked this.
    And Classic most certainly caters in its reward structure to people who dedicate their lives to this game, yet i doubt that only 5% of the playerbase are still playing classic.

Because, if classic had anything, it had a proper character progression based on gear, not this clown fiesta we have in BfA.

One doesn't have to go all the way back to Classic, but to me Wotlk was something of a middleground, where gear still had value but the overall game was accessible and playable for casual players.

To me, that content can remain in the game, i don't mind, but if one chooses that WQ is their endgame, they cannot expect to receive a raid quality item every few days, even if it is "just normal".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-10-26 at 04:50 PM.