Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'd argue it's the worst class of D3, pure edge fetish just for the sake of it, with high heels, goth clothes, and automatic machine guns crossbows. Out of any class ever added to Diablo, I'd stand firm that Demon Hunter is the worst fit for D4's atmosphere - and that it was only barely acceptable for D3's atmosphere, cartoony as it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Mm, problem with Amazon being males isn't so much just Diablo's lore though, as it's not at all a Diablo unique thing. Having male Amazons would raise eyebrows regardless of how much sense it might make in Diablo lore.

IF we're getting Amazon, I'd MUCH rather they have two different female models rather than one male and one female.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not pretend that Diablo 3 had a rough launch because of a lack of classes though. I'd also argue that having a fuckton of classes isn't necessarily a good thing even - especially when each class is a separate model. If they manage to make the specializations good, what you'd end up with is an effective total of 15 classes (3 specializations each) just that they're shared across 5 models.

Starting with 5 classes is what both Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 did. I'd hardly call either game a failure, and I'd point none of their flaws to the initial roster.
    Except its not starting with 5 classes its starting with 3 that we know of so far...
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It would be interesting tbh. I'd love to see how someone would imagine male Amazons looking. Tbh considering that Cassia returned to Skovos to train an army, a decision to break with tradition and train the men as well actually makes sense. They could use the traditional ancient Greek or Spartan look for men as well which would be an interesting fantasy archetype that complements the Barbarians well. You could change the name and call them Askari and even add some Oracular powers.
    Male Amazon , easy job.

Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Except its not starting with 5 classes its starting with 3 that we know of so far...
    It's gonna start with 5 classes. They stated it already and it's a staple of the franchise. Only 3 of 5 were announced, that's it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's not. Feel free to Google it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much confirmed to be 5; two just haven't been announced yet.

It's launching with 5. We've known this since November 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's launching with 5. We've known this since November 2019.
    And when I see the other 2 classes then I'll believe it.

Its not like video games launch with all their promised features 100% of the time. Especially blizzard who havent released a game in years and have cut staff.

Im of the belief we'll get character add on packs like the necromancer who sold well on D3 even late into the games life cycle.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-07-25 at 08:09 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Diablo IV is still a long way out and they already confirmed 5 classes at launch.
    so i am going to believe them on this one.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

And when I see the other 2 classes then I'll believe it.

Its not like video games launch with all their promised features 100% of the time. Especially blizzard who havent released a game in years and have cut staff.

Im of the belief we'll get character add on packs like the necromancer who sold well on D3 even late into the games life cycle.
    And we will in addition to the launching 5 classes. How often has Blizzard publically confirmed something only to not have it happen? Especially on a project they are working hard to make sure they do right? You do know the Demo was thrown together just before Blizzcon and was everything they had that was playable? Evenntidsy the gsme is ot even in an alpha state. There is so much more to go and if they launched with 3 after confirming 5, D4 would be in big trouble. It something I can't see them doing.

I have to ask, do you really think it'd be impossible for the Amazons to change their traditions and allow male warriors? If the Oracles saw that a disaster would happen without male warriors to support them would the Amazons never consider it? I mean I know that the Askari have male gods as well so I don't think there is misandry in their culture; it was rather pragmatic in that men were ill served to fight in the isles. If they were to be trained to fight beyond them, would it be problematic?
    No, it wouldn't be a problem. It just needs good lore to justify it - other than it just being "super danger, we need everyone as warriors". Amazons being only females have a peculiar value so to ditch that you need something of equal weight. Just my 2 cents.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I have to ask, do you really think it'd be impossible for the Amazons to change their traditions and allow male warriors? If the Oracles saw that a disaster would happen without male warriors to support them would the Amazons never consider it? I mean I know that the Askari have male gods as well so I don't think there is misandry in their culture; it was rather pragmatic in that men were ill served to fight in the isles. If they were to be trained to fight beyond them, would it be problematic?
    Mostly everyone identifies the word Amazon with the female only race of warriors from Greek mythology so you should take that into consideration, also afaik there is no male version of the word, it always denotes a female warrior. We had the barbarian in D2 as a kind of counterpart.

Druid is my literal one and only hope for D4. I was really wishing it would come to D3, but.. Blizzard seemed to have abandoned that.

they went with rogue for the 4th class.
    that i find massively boring choice.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Now I wonder which one will be the last class. Will there be a shield user? Or will it be necro?

Would have prefered amazon instead of assassin or rogue as it is now.

Thinking Paladin as last but i do hope both necro and amazon will come later on too if paladin is last. I even enjoyed witch doctor too but im sure they add necro this time as the summoner.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-19 at 11:28 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last class is almost certainly a summoner, and pretty likely to be the necromancer.

At this point I'm doubting a summoner only on the basis that they're doing pretty fast-paced action with open world gameplay, and the whole minions thing interferes a lot with that design. AI with smart pathing, minions following with your mounts, encountering players online who are also toting a dozen or so minions to fight some big world boss... I can see them holding off on Necromancers until they can smooth out all the open world issues.

Paladin is the logical step for next class. Plenty of stuff learned from the Cruusader's design brought back in a classic Paladin package.

Last class will be holy based... Paladin is my guess since it's a favorite from 2. Monk isn't as beloved I think.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Would have prefered amazon instead of assassin or rogue as it is now.

Thinking Paladin as last but i do hope both necro and amazon will come later on too if paladin is last. I even enjoyed witch doctor too but im sure they add necro this time as the summoner.
    Assassins were from the Diablo 2 expac. Rogues were in Diablo 1.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I think the new rogue class looks very fun but would not have given the rogue class a ranged damage choice. I would have made a separate ranger class for ranged bow weapons and pet damage.