Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Characters you hope will return in 9.0?

Regardless of whether the Shadowlands leak is real, I really hope that we see Khadgar come back - I liked him as a character in Legion and with the peace between the alliance and horde it'd make sense that he returns somehow. Any other characters y'all hope to see again in 9.0?

Hope Khadgar comes as well. He's awesome!

I missed taking quests from Khadgar, I hope he plays main role in the next expansion.

If Shadowlands will turn out to be real, I really hope to meet some dead characters in there, such as Arthas or Saurfang.

It is most definitely real considering in game lore all points to Shadowlands next.

We will be rescuing Arthas from oblivion I am betting. He will have information extremely important to the future of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is most definitely real considering in game lore all points to Shadowlands next.

We will be rescuing Arthas from oblivion I am betting. He will have information extremely important to the future of the universe.
    Do you think that they will finally admit that the unnamed tomb in Stormwind belongs to Arthas?

When I am thinking about it, Sylvanas raising Arthas as her servant would be the ultimate irony that she would enjoy.
    Last edited by Revaniter92; 2019-10-30 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    Regardless of whether the Shadowlands leak is real, I really hope that we see Khadgar come back - I liked him as a character in Legion and with the peace between the alliance and horde it'd make sense that he returns somehow. Any other characters y'all hope to see again in 9.0?
    Sylvanas, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    Do you think that they will finally admit that the unnamed tomb in Stormwind belongs to Arthas?

When I am thinking about it, Sylvanas raising Arthas as her servant would be the ultimate irony that she would enjoy.
    I am not sure but some fucked up shit is going to happen.

kel'thu FREAKING Zad.

I'm pretty sure Arthas is going to make a return - likely through the amalgamation with Bolvar. The blue eyes are due to Arthas I think. Rather than Nerzhul.

I'm also sure we'll see Vol'jin again in the Shadowlands. And possibly Varian, talking to Anduin and others. Hell, Varian and Vol'jin might be Horde and Alliance ambassadors to the Shadowlands and Kyrians in Bastion or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. N'Zoth -- I do think Blizzard ended up scrapping an in-depth narrative about facing off against the Black Empire and regulated N'Zoth to just a patch. I hope he somehow is still a primary antagonist in 9.0 and if in fact we deal with the Shadowlands, I hope N'Zoth's entire plan throughout Legion was to get us there.

2. Nozdormu/Murozond -- Big fan of the Infinite Dragonflight and their potential. This kind of ties into the N'Zoth stuff above. If we are going to have a dragon related story in the next expansion this would be the perfect time to deal with the Infinite Dragonflight and their dealings with N'Zoth. I mean, it was the Old Gods (maybe just N'Zoth?) who tricked Nozdormu into essentially turning mad.

3. Kel'Thuzad -- I could imagine a story centered around Kel'Thuzard trying to retrieve the soul/spirit of Arthas if the next expansion is about the Shadowlands. Perhaps another power struggle story. This kind of story writes itself to be honest. They set up Kel'Thuzad still being "out there" many expansions ago as it is.

Flynn Fairwind needs to be in the next xpack. Don't care about the rest, just Flynn Fairwind!

The World, of Warcraft. Not just flashy flashy stuff stuff happening and no RPG elements and no real character development. Get the most important character back, the world. As Classic WoW have proved, having a great world is enough to have great fun.

Wrathion as a main character.

I’m still hoping to learn more about Hakkar given his extremely odd absence in Zandalar and the fact that he’s lurking out there somewhere.

If it's Shadowlands, I want some long-dead heroes. Anduin Lothar and Orgrim Doomhammer chief among them. I'd also be fine with bringing back Arthas, so long as he doesn't get a redemption arc.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post

I never thought about that! Holy... that would be irony indeed. I hope it happens..

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't want any returning characters aside from Tentacle Boi (seriously, it would be freaking lame if we just killed him like a b1tch) and maybe the rest of his gang, especially Yoggy. That !@$% was among the best parts in WotLK for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hogger.

And i want a title for killing him: Augusta, Bane of the Gnolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

That would be stellar! I know some folks are all Tongue in Cheek about the idea of "Arthas" returning. For me as a player however, I would love the chance to redeem Lorderon's Fallen Son. Would be even cooler if it was part and integral to the main story that we find him, in the "darkness" and bring him back into the light aided by none other than Tiron,Uther, and Turelyon (after he dies)... aided by the spirits of these "paladins" to find Arthas maybe because its only with Arthas's help we can dethrone the Lich Queen!

Alot of that's a reach but man, what a "Vadar" like arch for the character of Arthas.