Old God Water Rlemental Version of Ragnaros

Saw this thread from 2007

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...=1#post5515171

And this poster talked about an "old god elemental version of Ragnaros". Something that back then had been hinted it (This was when TBC was out and Wrath was about to be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Vianctel View Post
    Lastly (finally I know) I would hope before northrend is overrun with raids that the naga / ashzara / old god water elemental version of ragnaros (I think that has pretty much been said by now with the 1000 hints) aren't forgotten. I hope all understand that lady Vashj was not the leader of all the naga and that very cool (maybe underwater ) fights may remain.
    Anybody know what he means?

edit: "Elemental" dammit title

7+ Year Old Account
    Its most likely referring to murmur of the shadowlabyrinth
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Neptulon says hello.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Neptulon
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

He was more like a wind elemental though wasn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Yeah I know Neptulon, I'm just not sure that's what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

New
    Neptulon is the elemental lord of water, Ragnaros was the elemental lord of fire. I’d say that’s Nep is the water version of Rag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murmur is a Sound Elemental. He's really into musicals and wants you to listen to his beatbox tracks on Spotify,
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Neptulon is the elemental lord of water, Ragnaros was the elemental lord of fire. I’d say that’s Nep is the water version of Rag.
    1. I'm sure the guy knew who Neptulon was
    2. Neptulon does not look like a water version of Ragnaros
    3. He calls it an "old god" version

Sure the elemental lords served the old gods but that goes for all of them. So it makes no sense to refer to an "old god water version" of Ragnaros, when Ragnaros himself already served the old gods.

Neptulon was only put into the game with Cataclysm, and this was from TBC. So what I'm wondering is, what hints is he talking about?

Neptulon was only put into the game with Cataclysm, and this was from TBC. So what I'm wondering is, what hints is he talking about?
    Probably the Hydraxian Waterlords.

Also it's pretty obvious that what he was suggesting was Neptulon.

1. I'm sure the guy knew who Neptulon was
    3. He calls it an "old god" version

Sure the elemental lords served the old gods but that goes for all of them. So it makes no sense to refer to an "old god water version" of Ragnaros, when Ragnaros himself already served the old gods.

At the time when people were speculating about WotLk we didn't know what Neptulon looked like, so you can't really say Nep doesn't look like Rag, we just didn't know that back then.

Not all elemental lords are related, so that's like saying it can't be Neptulon because they don't share the visual similarities that some brothers or sisters do, or father and son. They don't have to be Yin and Yang, one being fire and the other water. It could still be the early version of Nep that just wasn't added and then Nep got a new model with Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Variously described as a "cosmic being","extra-planar being", "warp-beast", or "the essence of sound", Murmur is an otherworldly elemental creature from a distant corner of the universe. According to the Codex of Blood, Murmur was born long ago in a dimension of the cosmos unfathomable to mortal minds. It was so powerful that its entrance into existence shattered all reality around it. Mindless and existing only for chaos, its barest whisper was enough to destroy entire worlds.

Murmur is more closely described as Sound. Sound in fact so powerful it can Shatter Reality around it so it would probably at full power be as strong or stronger than the titans in destructive power.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    At the time when people were speculating about WotLk we didn't know what Neptulon looked like, so you can't really say Nep doesn't look like Rag, we just didn't know that back then.
    Yeah I guess. But what hints did people have back then? And why call it an old god version, when Ragnaros served the old gods as well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If not Murmur then have you seen Radiance of Azshara in EP?

No need to bring some old conjecture up that could mean anything you want it to when there's no way to know for sure. Hints are of the same kind now as they were back then, any npcs and lorebooks speaking of prophecies and omens and are open to interpretation of course.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Yeah I guess. But what hints did people have back then? And why call it an old god version, when Ragnaros served the old gods as well.
    I don't know... I mean... it's just a random guy speculating and talking about what he thinks about WotLk like 10 years ago.
    Like, old god water version of Ragnaros could mean anything from Thunderaan, over Murmur to Neptulon... even old god could've meant pretty much anything back then because up until that point we hadn't seen any old god stuff other than Quiraj and C'Thun's Eye.

Ahune? He was added in TBC, and he is ice (so kind of water), and quests involving him also had Twilight Cultists in them. Although I'm pretty sure that before WotLK the Twilight Hammer wasn't overtly Old God-themed, as there was only one Old God known at the time (on Azeroth).

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I don't know... I mean... it's just a random guy speculating and talking about what he thinks about WotLk like 10 years ago.
    Like, old god water version of Ragnaros could mean anything from Thunderaan, over Murmur to Neptulon... even old god could've meant pretty much anything back then because up until that point we hadn't seen any old god stuff other than Quiraj and C'Thun's Eye.
    The way he talks about it sounds like it was a thing in the community back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Ahune? He was added in TBC, and he is ice (so kind of water), and quests involving him also had Twilight Cultists in them. Although I'm pretty sure that before WotLK the Twilight Hammer wasn't overtly Old God-themed, as there was only one Old God known at the time (on Azeroth).
    That could be it. He's more frost, but the Twilight's Hammer invoivement... I could see it.

And the Twilight's Hammer was in Silithus, I think they were clearly on the side of the olds gods even back then.

The way he talks about it sounds like it was a thing in the community back then.
    It wasn't.

talk about necromancers coming in the new xpack
    this shit is 12 years old it can officialyl play wow its that old XD

Maybe he meant Ahune?