Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    We lost 7 people the last two weeks. They joined accepting loot council and left because of loot council.

Pro tip: Dont join a guild with loot council if you dont like loot council and dont try to change how a guild is run. Just move a long and join any other guild with no loot council.

Thankfully you only need 20 people to clear content now.

APES are a good brunch. I am happy here. Practically zero drama.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe these threads are still derailling so fast into pro-Classic and pro-Retail.

On one side, you get the pro-retailers who come here claiming their 'guild' in Classic is dead (yet they've not even set foot in there), and then you get the pro-Classics who are in guilds with 4 split raids going strong (yet they are not even 60 yet)...

Reading the posts history of people from both side here is entertaining though, considering those claiming their Classic guild is now dead have been actively posting in the last 6 months how they will never touch Classic and that the old game should remain dead, and you get those asking questions about fire resistance in MC yesterday when they have apparently cleared it with 4 different characters...

What is it that ticks people off so much, that they have to come here posting lies either way? Is it the fear that either Classic or Retail is not going to last, and they want to convince people to either all come to Classic, or all stop playing Classic and go back to retail?

I mentioned it was dull between raids, but I think that will remedy itself with time and more phases.

I really wasn't lying about nearly being done with t1 (personally) get to the stage i'm at and logging in to raid is really the only reason to log in.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-25 at 04:30 PM.

Dead of course. If they released battlegrounds this wouldn't have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Things going ok? Things not? Meeting your expectations or has shit turned south for you? How are things going in your guild?
    I can't lie, I think classic hurt us bad. Our guild is lucky to get the 20 we need for mythic. The last few months we just been doing a Heroic clear of EP and calling it a week. We don't have to big a problem doing our M+ 10 for the week but there is those times when nobody is on. Even though with Nazjatar and Mechagon (Essences and Loot tied to it) most of our classes do play better, the BIGGEST issue with BFA was at the beginning. The game was in a very bad place (IMO). I think that probably hurt us more than anything. Cause once you run someone away from a expansion it doesn't matter what you do. There not coming back until the next xpac drops. (again IMO). Hope you guys are doing better.

P.S. I don't play classic. Yeah, I've logged in here and there but haven't spent any time in it. During the dead months between xpacs I may give it a try but not while retail is dropping patches. I can't do 2 MMO's at once. Can barley do 1.
    Last edited by Phantombeard; 2019-10-25 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great tbh, have 2 grps for killing onyxia, can soon make a 2nd grp for MC, only need a tank or two + a raid leader.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh. Guild is doing fine. Motivation to login for anything other than raiding is very very low.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    We started off pretty active (you could log in at any given time and see close to 20 people online), but there's not much left now. We knew going in from BfA that we weren't going to have the numbers for Classic raiding (which wasn't a problem in BfA, since BfA doesn't require 40 people to raid).

What ended up happening was a lot of our already small core group rushed to 60 ahead of everyone else, got bored, and joined other guilds to raid. I don't hold that against them because I know they didn't want to just sit around and wait (potentially for months) for the rest of us to catch up and run stuff with them.

We have a small handful of people who stuck around even after hitting 60 just because they weren't interested in raiding or didn't want to commit to it. But even if all of our remaining active players make it to 60, we're not going to have more than maybe 10 unless we just push recruiting hard. So at most, we might be able to shoot for an all-guild UBRS run or something.

We also have a lot of people who got turned off by the slower pace of things in Classic and gave up on it fairly early. Quite a lot of "last online: 30+ days ago" people who didn't make it to level 20 on their mains. We're down to like 90-something total players (and a huge chunk of those are inactive players, alts, etc), three level 60's, and maybe 5-10 players online at peak times. So yeah, it's kinda slow.

As for the BfA side of my guild, I think Classic pretty much killed that, but I can't blame it 100% on Classic. People were already getting bored of BfA, and we were already having attendance issues. I think Classic was just the final "fuck it, we're done BfA raiding" nail in the coffin. Hopefully, the next expansion will bring back interest, or Blizzard will release BC servers. I think my guild might be able to handle BC raiding if enough people come back for it.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-29 at 01:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing good. We went in with about 120 people on the discord, cleared MC as guild 4 times now and haven't missed an ony reset since a bit before that. I'd say about 60ish people survived the game so far, with the queue taking a big toll and being alliance on a more horde-weighted server also saw some people leave.

Had the eye drop on our first kill and crafted the Sulfuras last week, 3rd on the server I think. A lot of people chipped in to make it happen, good bonding experience.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Things going ok? Things not? Meeting your expectations or has shit turned south for you? How are things going in your guild?

Doing actually quite well, a lot better than in retail really.

Way less active than a month ago. Phase 1 is dragging on for way too long, just too little endgame content.

not sure if i'm still in a guild haven't played for over a month not really motivated to start playing again either but... guilds are only like a white item sooner or later you will replace it .

The guild is doing good, yesterday we cleared for the first time MC in a single raid night (2h) and left quite satisfied. Now all we have to do is Ony till next week.

But personally, I thougt things would be harder. We had been quite serious raiding guild, on a casual timetable tho, we came to classic to chill and do a bit of tourism. But I think we are chilling too much, as in; sure, people bring some/most preraid bis, an odd agility flask or food,but still, but we see absolutely no need to bring the plethora of consumables people say are needed or recommended for raid. We have been abusing the bosses practically since we could step through the door. We face no real challenge for now, and 30 out of the 40 in the raid are mostly new/not used to play in the same raid.

First week I maybe played 8h a day while still on vacation, dropped to 5-6 when I started work, and this whole last week, I have clocked 3h. And apart from Sundays, I dont have the time to sit through a dungeon on a daily basis (yes I know, clears are 1h or less, but accidents happen, and people seem to be super ok with making people waste 10min in the middle of a dungeon).

All around good we just cleared 10/10 Molten Core on a Shaman Tank. Right now we're just gearing up for the next phase.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Way less active than a month ago. Phase 1 is dragging on for way too long, just too little endgame content.
    The phases reflect more or less how it was back in vanilla. It took many months for new content to come out, yet the game kept growing a ton. MMO gamers are more rabid these days. They devour the content way too fast. Back in the day most people took awhile to even get to 60. Vanilla WoW was the perfect game back in 2004-2005, but people have become way too hard to satisfy over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No idea. I don't have a guild and i'm only level 38 and I have hardly been playing Classic. Probably at 150% (max) rested by now.

My issue is, as a player who started playing about 2 months prior to TBC release back in the actual day, that I'm kind of spoiled by just how much more exciting I found TBC to be compared to Vanilla. So therefore every time I log in to play Classic all can think repeatedly as I'm playing is "This is better than retail, but it's still nowhere near as good as TBC".

I realise I'm not even 60, but I know what there is to do at 60 and it just doesn't appeal enough to me to engage me to level towards it. I'm not too keen on 40 man raiding -- it's simply too big -- and vanilla endgame rotations are too simplistic. The fights are mechanically simplistic too, and any difficulty comes more from the logistical side of acquiring enough people to raid, and the huge, huge number of consumables, if necessary. Spending obscene amounts of gold acquiring / farming consumables and running around grabbing world buffs just to stay competitive? Not appealing.

As for PvP, similar deal. Not too keen on the old system. I actually like arena and resilience and the fact it generates a second avenue of endgame progression, adding hours of goals to the game. And despite the number of people who yell that flying ruined the game and ruined world PvP, I had some of my very very best moments in TBC, and ironically in world PvP WITH flying being a thing.

From a levelling perspective, too. It just drags on a bit TOO long. There's none of the excellent TBC level 50 talents to look forward to, like Vampiric Touch or Crusader Strike.

I'll probably just log in super, super occasionally while I sit tight and wait for TBC, which is - for me - when the game truly took off. It made some of my favourite specs viable, opened up the debuff limit to 40, which allowed people to use more of their abilities in raids, made raid sizes more manageable (25 was a good number) and started to introduce generally more interesting mechanics to look forward to.
    Maybe if you had a guild you wouldn't be so lonely and desperate for attention that you feel the need to come to a thread that has nothing to do with you and write dissertation about why you don't want to play something you don't have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Dude, he asked how your guild is going. He didn't ask for a fucking synopsis on why Classic isn't working for you and what version of the game you prefer. What are you on about?
    Lmao you took the words right out of my mouth (or letters from my hands?)

Going great, lots of active members and enjoying Classic
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Going pretty good. We're not the fastest guild clearing MC due to lacking enough 60's. We got Majordormo and Ragnaros left, should go down on tuesday as we got enough people to do the final quest for hydraxian to get the douses now, killing those on sunday.
    Also soon got enough people attuned for Ony to get her down soon as well.

Pretty good guild, between 20 and 40 people online outside raid days regularly.