Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Only gonna post the link to youtube rather than the full clip on show so it dont scare people lol (if old 80's movie makeup effects do that to ya) but its the deformed dog from the movie The Fly 2.
    That shit has haunted me since i saw it as a kid and still does, fuckers because everytime its on i have to switch over that scene till its finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAFXgJKJpn4
    ...and the other scene just to add where he puts it to sleep but i didnt bother looking for that on youtube thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Violet Evergarden ep 10. I feel like this single episode packs more punch than most movies and even complete series. Yes it's predictable, but it still hits you like a sledgehammer.

Honorable mentions: "Jurassic Bark" and "The Luck of the Fryrish" from Futurama. For being a comedy show, it sure had some heart-wrenching episodes.

15+ Year Old Account
    That episode of Futurama where Fry learns how to play that instrument for Leela is next level also. Sometimes you would get episodes that were super light on humor and actually told a good story. That series is definitely cut from a different cloth.

Personally at the end of LOTR Return of the king, when Aragorn and Arwen are walking through everyone then they get to the hobbits, the hobbits bow, and aragorn is like "My friends, You bow to noone" and then everyone bows to the hobbits...... yyeeeaaa kinda gets me everytime
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of saving private ryan when hes on the graves to those who saved him, he is old and has a family while they died in their 20s never to experience any of that.

Same goes with band of brothers and they shall not grow old, it just sad especially when you have experienced the "brothers in arms" and know what it is

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    That episode of Futurama where Fry learns how to play that instrument for Leela is next level also. Sometimes you would get episodes that were super light on humor and actually told a good story. That series is definitely cut from a different cloth.
    or the one where he finds his dog.

as for me, it is probably Avengers Endgame. not for the scene you would think but when two certain characters have a reunion...... knowing what happens to one soon after really got to me

Sam Smith walked among passerby when he finally got what he wanted. My tears trickled down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Film:
    "I could've saved more", Schindler's List.
    "I'll take you home", The Hero.
    The death of Coffey, The Green Mile.
    After the return from Miller's Planet and, especially, the last scene with Cooper and Murph, Interstellar.
    "No parent should have to bury their child", The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

TV series:
    Prax and Mei on the Rocinante, The Expanse.
    Maelstrom, Battlestar Galactica, Pretty much the entirety of the second half of the episode.
    "You brought them home, Saul." - "Not all of them..." - also Battlestar Galactica.
    "What's the bloody point?", and the whole ending of "A Priest Walks Into a Bar", Lucifer.
    M*A*S*H, too many to count. It might be primarily a comedy series, but the creators did make it seen that it happens in a field hospital in a warzone. Especially the last episode, which very much is NOT funny at all and is just one big tear jerker.
    The ending of "Sacrifice of Angels", Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
    "The Siege of AR-558", Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Especially after Nog gets shot.

Music (I get it's not "seen" on screen, but, well, I suppose it counts; listing only music that accompanied visual media):
    The aforementioned Schindler's List; the film's main theme. Some people stated that the main theme is as if the violing itself was crying. I have to agree with that.
    Elegy for Dunkirk, from Atonement.
    Letters from Iwojima, the final reprise of the main theme.
    The Quest for Peace and Elegy, Civilisation V. In general, the game's late stage war music hurts. You may see cartoony units, but the music really hits home that what you are observing is representing the ends of countless lives. It is a shame that Civilisation VI did not include similar tracks for that purpose.

Games:
    Mass Effect series. Too many to count, but there a few that stand above. Mordin, on Tuchanka, in Mass Effect 3. The end of that particular chapter got me so hard I had to stop playing for a while. Another one, on Rannoch. No matter what one does, the end of that particular story hurts. "Does this unit have a soul?" has become quite a punch of a question since.
    Beyond Good and Evil. I won't mention which, since it is a massive spoiler.
    Bioshock Infinite, the ending.
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. The story of Faith, and the ending of the game itself.
    Elder Scrolls Online. The Wilderqueen questline, Memory Stone from Morrowind, Empty Nest from Murkmire, Manor of Masques from Summerset. To name a few.
    Guild Wars 2. Again, quite a few. Guess that goes with it being an MMO. Living Story 4 stands out for me, though. Blish, Taimi and especially, what happened to Aurene. And only the last one gets better.
    Stellaris. The Apocalypse trailer.
    Also from Stellaris, in my recent gameplay, I ended up with no fallen empires, but a raiding external civilisation instead. They were relatively harmless, until my civilisation managed to reverse engineer some of their technology. They didn't take that well. They erased several colonies to the point of leaving no trace of biosphere left, and bombarded my homeworld with specifically targetting the planet's cities. The game doesn't really show you much, all you see is space. It still left me very much livid. It was also the first time I built and used a planet killer ship.

And finally, World of Warcraft.
    There are many. The game's cartoon graphics make the game far more easy to digest, so to speak, despite the stuff we actually witness. From BfA, it was the Burning of Teldrassil - as Alliance. Trying to save that many - and inevitably failing - was painful. In Brennadam, the place where a child is asking their parent to wake up. That parent is dead, speared to a wall. Those are from just this expansion, and all of the previous ones had their own, too. The list is long. Very long.

5+ Year Old Account
    this

underrated show

10+ Year Old Account
    When Opies dies in SOA i was just crushed a little bit. That was sad.

I cry at everything, but off the top of my head.

TV: Battlestar Galactica, final episode "You know, I know about farming"

Film: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the ring, "I have failed you all, the world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness, and my city to ruin."

Games: ME3, "Does this unit have a soul?"

I think the one thing that gets me more than anything else is relentlessness in the face of overbearing odds. In such scenes, assuming it's delivered well, I feel both sympathy for the character/s I'm rooting for (if I'm rooting for them, anyway) and pride for mankind's ability for heroics. E.g. the climax of The Perfect Storm, the fishermen are doing their damnest to survive the sea, refusing to give up until the end. An important factor here is that should the characters survive, it isn't by a Deus Ex Machina (tbh DEM shouldn't be used anywhere). And yeah, delivery matters a lot.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Film: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the ring, "I have failed you all, the world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness, and my city to ruin."
    That scene made me soooooooo sad. Ugh. I still get tears watching it. The way he keeps fighting and fighting despite being shot again and again with those huge arrows... ugh.

Then there's stuff like:

Ysera's death in WoW: Legion - probably the most emotional moment in the game for me, despite no significant attachment to the character. But the cinematic crushes me every time.

LOTR: Return of the King, when Gandalf says the fellowship is at an end and everyone goes their separate ways. The idea that most of them will never see each other again, after all they had been through, was depressing for me.

Wall-E - the end, where it seems like he's lost everything that made him who he was, and he's compacting his little knickknacks and things like any other bot would have done, KILLS ME inside.

Galaxy Quest: Quellick's death broke my heart. "I... I am shot?" and then just falls on the floor. The way he looked up at Dr. Lazarus as he died was so grim and sad.

Mass Effect 3: as others have said, Legion and Mordin's respective demises were so sad, that they actually turned me off from the game for a short while.

Enslaved: won't spoil this as many people here haven't likely played it, but there's a moment for Tripp (one of the main characters) that's pretty heartbreaking.

Optimus Prime's death in the original Transformers cartoon movie. God, that destroyed me as a child.

Kingdom of Heaven Director's cut: the fate of King Baldwin IV. "Remember me as I was." Despite being in a mask, Edward Norton was incredible in this role.

A Simple Plan: the end, which I won't spoil for those who haven't heard of, or seen it. But the film is some of Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thorton's best work.

Cast Away: the ending for obvious reasons. Also Wilson.

Forrest Gump: Forrest's speech at Jenny's grave. UGH.

The Fly starring Jeff Goldblum: the ending, where he's been teleported improperly and mangled up with a bunch of metal, feebly grabs the shotgun Ronnie (Geena Davis) is holding and puts the barrels to his own head. Gets me to this day.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-10 at 11:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    At the end of saving private ryan when hes on the graves to those who saved him, he is old and has a family while they died in their 20s never to experience any of that.
    When Ryan square's up on Miller's grave and salutes.... gets me every time. That movie is chalk full of great, emotional scenes but that ending.... something special imo.

Saving Private Ryan at the end when old man Ryan asks his wife if he's a good man and if she thinks he's lead a good life, while his whole family watches on.

You did your part soldier T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    When Ryan square's up on Miller's grave and salutes.... gets me every time. That movie is chalk full of great, emotional scenes but that ending.... something special imo.
    duuuuude i didnt even see what you said until i said what i said!!!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Futurama where fry's dog keeps waiting for him

The land before time, littlefoots mother dying.

King Baldwin IV death in Kingdom of heaven.
    Do you hear the voices too?

What Dreams May Come: the entire movie.
    Land Before Time: littlefoot's mom fucked me up every time as a kid (and probably would now if I watched it again)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    Saving Private Ryan at the end when old man Ryan asks his wife if he's a good man and if she thinks he's lead a good life, while his whole family watches on.
    Ab-so-lute-ly.

Gandalf falling in FotR always ALWAYS gets me, even though I know fully well what's going to happen.

Final episode of BSG, Adama and Roslin flying over.

First portion of Up is a huge kick in the balls as well.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2019-12-12 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

First portion of Up is a huge kick in the balls as well.
    mega downer
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The movie doesn't have a good reputation compared to part 1 and 2, but Al Pacino's silent scream in Godfather part 3 is pretty amazing (the scene where his daughter gets shot on the stairs).