Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Because you know the whole story developing though the Xpansion, huh?
    When was the last time the story developped in a surprising and yet interesting way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Oh Anarchy Online, my first real MMO, so far ahead of any game still in character gearing and crafting systems.
    Oh absolutely waaaaaaaay ahead of its time. My time involving AO was enormous back in the day. Played mainly on the test server WITH Everquest Devs being involved for inside info on the remote missions (solo generated content on the fly) with 'I scratch your back if you scratch mine' attitude. AO/funcom networking was horrid back then and needed a bit of a 'push' with Sony onboard assisting on said problems if funcom gave them information and play time in the remote missions. Wouldn't you know, soon after Everquest put in something similar....

Everything AO did was so far ahead in ideas, that it is STILL used in gaming today...or it should be used, totally agree.

Look, I'm not saying they are correct, and I'm not saying they aren't... but I kinda want all of these leaks to be correct at this point, just so that all the people in this thread patting themselves on the back for pointing out how obviously fake they are look like idiots in a week.

It happened when the cover art & basic details of Mortal Kombat 11 leaked back at the beginning of the year too, and it was super gratifying.
    Last edited by TragedyAnn; 2019-10-28 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is not very different from datamining spoilers (which get posted here all the time)
    there's quite a bit of a difference. one is provably in the code, legitimizing at least the consideration of a certain direction, the other being some anon on the internet pulling stuff out of thing air with nothing to back it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post

mmo-c NEVER posted unconfirmed bullshit before.
    Pretty sure they did, and they always make it very clear it's just rumours. E.g. whenever expansion names have been registered(trademarked) months before an expansion reveal. That's usually posted on MMO Champion, with the warning that they do not know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adcap6 View Post
    Oh absolutely waaaaaaaay ahead of its time. My time involving AO was enormous back in the day. Played mainly on the test server WITH Everquest Devs being involved for inside info on the remote missions (solo generated content on the fly) with 'I scratch your back if you scratch mine' attitude. AO/funcom networking was horrid back then and needed a bit of a 'push' with Sony onboard assisting on said problems if funcom gave them information and play time in the remote missions. Wouldn't you know, soon after Everquest put in something similar....

Everything AO did was so far ahead in ideas, that it is STILL used in gaming today...or it should be used, totally agree.
    Shadowlands was their first expansion and I remember the impact the name of it had on the community. The ability to go to this new land that was completely different to anything they had seen. Unfortently I dont this is possible with wow as the engine limits what they can produce and we have also seen so many different landscapes already (ie Argus, Outland)

How come Classic+ isn't on this list?
    Blizzard will absolutely hint at what happens post Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Classic is dying noway in bloody hell is that even a idea they are going to bother trying now 8.3 and new expansion = no Classic+.

Or they, you know, won’t. They never promised anything past Classic, they just said it’s something they might/like to do.
    It’s entirely possible once Naxx is out then the phases are over. After all, people begged, bullied, and cajoled the ever loving shit out of getting Classic with the mentality that they’ll play it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    there's quite a bit of a difference. one is provably in the code, legitimizing at least the consideration of a certain direction, the other being some anon on the internet pulling stuff out of thing air with nothing to back it up.
    Datamining and speculation go hand in hand, datamining often provides an incomplete picture leaving the actual meaning behind data up to speculation. Granted, MMOC has only posted raw datamining the last while, but speculation isn't new to the MMOC frontpage at all.

As for pulling things out of thin air, they don't post about all leaks for a reason, leaks have been posted on the forums, 4chan and Reddit for months and months yet this is the first time in all those months they put any on the front-page. That, and MMOC's history and experience with posting leaks is also to be kept in mind. There's also an unmissable "this is speculation/a rumor" near every leak as well as the post itself, so they're hardly claiming them as fact.

As for nothing to back them up, since the post went up 2 out of 3 WeakAuras leaks (Diablo 4 art page/OW2 logo) have gotten a secondary source with only the Shadowlands ad remaining (Bolvar pic is not originally via WeakAuras). These leaks are definitely on a different level compared to all the other crap that's been posted so far. Whether or not they're accurate, or how accurate, remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2019-10-28 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Classic is dying noway in bloody hell is that even a idea they are going to bother trying now 8.3 and new expansion = no Classic+.
    LOL, Classic is far from dying.
    Servers still have queue times to get in.

LOL, Classic is far from dying.
    Servers still have queue times to get in.
    LOL! only becauses there not alot of servers you derp.r.i.p you won't be missed compared to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    wrath of the lich king 2.0 would make me return to warcraft for a few months for sure ! i love all who touch the dk and lick king :P

and for diablo 4, i cant wait to see what it will be (blizzard can't silence this anymore, they dont have any choice now, all the gamers eyes are on them )
    But besides D4, given almost no one cares, are there news about Diablo Immortal? Seemed quite in its “final” shape one year ago but it’s ages I don’t read news about it.

Also WC3 Reforged seems to be still missing in action...

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Pretty sure they did, and they always make it very clear it's just rumours. E.g. whenever expansion names have been registered(trademarked) months before an expansion reveal. That's usually posted on MMO Champion, with the warning that they do not know what it is.
    Blizzard registering a trademark is not the same as taking random photo's on the internet....
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

What is the deal with an Overwatch 2 game? Its not that old of a game, why wouldn't content be included in the original game?

I really doubt its going to differ enough to be worth a $60 price tag for a "new" game that really seems more like a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    But besides D4, given almost no one cares, are there news about Diablo Immortal? Seemed quite in its “final” shape one year ago but it’s ages I don’t read news about it.

Also WC3 Reforged seems to be still missing in action...
    Diablo 2 Remastered, would love to see that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    What is the deal with an Overwatch 2 game? Its not that old of a game, why wouldn't content be included in the original game?

I really doubt its going to differ enough to be worth a $60 price tag for a "new" game that really seems more like a remake.
    I was confused too until they tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1188523983756496897

Now it make even more sense. Basically huge overhaul to the base. Similar concept to Fortnite Chapter 2.

Im not gonna lie, im a little excited at next expansion.
    I just wanna move away from troll environments and get into new dark areas, see some edgy shit so im all for more lich/death themed content.
    Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Diablo 2 Remastered, would love to see that!

- - - Updated - - -

I was confused too until they tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1188523983756496897

Now it make even more sense. Basically huge overhaul to the base. Similar concept to Fortnite Chapter 2.
    Yea, that makes more sense. Overwatch 2 makes it seem like they're about to charge $60 for it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Yea, that makes more sense. Overwatch 2 makes it seem like they're about to charge $60 for it again.
    Did Fortnite charge for the stuff for chapter 2? I can’t imagine all of whatever this is will be free.